NAMBA News, Propwash & Online Voting

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokieboater

Exciting news, Read below.....

"Hello Everyone,

The NAMBA Propwash is available on the NAMBA web site(www.namba.com)The mailed issue will arrive to the members within the next couple of weeks. There are a lot of improvements that have been made recently. It would be a good idea for those districts who have web sites to post that there is the new Membership Portal now available complete with FAQ’s to answer your most often asked questions. Members will use the portal to renew memberships, register clubs, obtain site insurance, and get Single Event Insurance, and change / update their profile This is to make District Directors and Contest Directors jobs much easier.

We are moving in a direction where membership applications will not need to be accepted at races on race day during race registration with check or cash payment. The person requiring membership or model boating insurance can use their cell, tablet, lap top, etc, and be immediately insured paying through PayPal as a member or a guest.
No more race officials having to worry about mailing memberships to the NAMBA office and no more worries about members wondering why their applications are in transit to the NAMBA office. Everything will be real time. Just keep your receipt and email of the transaction until your card comes in the mail.

Voting is taking place for NAMBA President, Vice President and District Directors for the odd numbered districts. Members can vote securely online, e-mail, postal or Fax this year. It is recommended that voting securely online be used because as we progress through 2016 everything will move in that direction.

The pen and ink way of doing things is disappearing however if you ever need customer service for anything, that will never go away. We are just a phone call away.

If you have any questions contact Al Waters at [email protected] or our IT go to guy, Dave Santistevan at [email protected]

Thank you very much,"

Get online and vote. Only takes a minute or two and no stamps needed. To vote go to the membership portal at www.namba.com and sign in.

Eric,

If I read this correctly, it means that the heat can only be extended by three minutes and only if the CD determines that adverse coarse conditions exists and at his discretion. I really do not see this as being something that would have significant impact on how long the race runs. I have seen a lot of tunnel classes where the water was very rough and multiple boats were still racing at the 5 minute limit. It seems unfair to me to have to boats racing in rough water and surviving for five minutes only to be called off the coarse and given a DNF.

There has to be more than one boat still racing (this helps to prevent the single slow boat)

The CD at his discretion has to determine that adverse coarse/racing condition exists

It only extends the heat by a maximum of three more minutes.

Under existing rule once the first place boat finishes the race the CD can call the other boats off the coarse.

Given the parameters of this rule I really do not see how this could ever really impact a race from a time perspective but it might make a big difference to someone in determining a race outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful work David and Robert, this is the kind of 21st century stuff I'm talking about! I voted on all matters in less then 5 minutes with nothing to fax or mail in...

Thanks Joe, I am so excited. Voting is going amazingly well. We had a huge amount of people vote long before the Propwash showed up in the mail! We have so many exciting things coming down the pipe for the NAMBA! I just finished testing through some pretty powerful technology for race management. Conceptually we have thrown out the book and started over with some whole new approaches to dealing with the challenges of starts/finishes, lap and penalty counting and even lap times (who knows, maybe we will teach the car guys some new tricks)!
default_ph34r.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks no matter what District your in VOTE if you dont and the person gets in you dont like you cant complain so everyone out there vote

Back