NAMBA Elections

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne, I just looked and it was actually Robert Pickard that asked me to post in your behalf. I will tell you that there were others that missed the submission consequently they did not get their bios post either. Others wanted to make changes once they saw the others but again it was not allow. The idea was not to give anyone an advantage. Let me know if you want me to post the message from him requesting it.

You guys have problems down there, I get it. Your guy did not win so your are not happy I get it again. So my point is man up and make your case. In my opinion you have no case on the late issue. The rules are the rules and I know that everyone had to play by those same rules so lets just drop that nonsense. This is not Wayne's first trip to the prom. My understanding is that last election he missed the deadline for submissions also.

If you were concerned about the voting then you should have voted online. Online was available almost a month before paper and it is completely secure. There is not way anyone can manipulate that data, audit reports right down the IP addressed you used, confirmation emails were sent and no one can see any of the data until voting has ended. Additionally the question of the last minute votes is curious also, if it was that important to you then why would you mail a ballot on the 24th? You could have email or faxed it. With mail you have no guarantee that it will even get there.

My suspicion here is that very few ballots come in after the close. Most people have voted prior to this past weekend, but that is just my guess and that may be why they called it when they did.

Are you aware of anyone who submitted a ballot last week and you don't think it counted? If so call the NAMBA office and confirm that did or did not get/count the vote, that's all. Make it simple guys

NAMBA has been working on this secure voting for almost 4 years now to eliminate exactly the kinds of questions you have here. It should be also noted that the new system allows a DISTRICT to have their own elections and rules votes that is specific to them. Your district could ask to have a ballot created and your folks can go online and vote securely, up to you guys to use the tool.

It is my understanding this was the last election on paper and everything will be the secure voting going forward. So hopefully these questions are the last time we have to hear them. FYI the majority of D3 voted online.

These were sent 9/16

This is a PM from Robert Pickard on IW

[SIZE=10pt]Sent 02:53 PM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]David in District 3 Wayne Farrow is running against some guy never heard of Wayne tried getting his bio up but Al told him he was to late with the bio never heard of a deadline for bio, so he had it put up on IW only think it is fair both be on the voting site. Dont want to get into the politics but i do know.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Sent 05:45 AM[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Robert,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I wish I could help but I do not make these decisions. I do know that the deadline was firm for everyone and we have had to deny others from adding and changing their bios. This was discussed and decided by the executive board even before the deadline based on previous years issues with the very situation. If you need any more information please contact Al Waters and he can give your more information.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I wish I could help.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Dave[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
David, I appreciate the response. But I wanted everyone to know that I did support Wayne is this endeavor, but I also want to make clear that in my opinion any new face in District 3 is a good thing, so we will see what David H. will do with his time as Director. It will either be the same old BS or there will be an effort made that will make District 3 great again by implementing changes that are badly needed and support EVERYONE in the district, not just a select few with personal agendas.

Again, we will see, action speaks louder than words and time will tell.

I also think NAMBA could make some positive changes also, we will see.

It is always better to operate any organization above board, so there is never any question of the integrity of a single individual or process.

David,

I was not making a big deal about the bio. I accepted the decision and moved on. The election rules are full of grey areas that need fixing. The rule book under "Elections" 3C5 states that all votes post marked, emailed, or faxed by October 25th. It does not say that all votes have to be submitted before October 25th. We all know the results were posted to soon. 2 days for mail to travel 2500 plus miles is not ample time. Priority Mail takes 3 days to travel that distance. The only way votes post marked could make it in 2 days would have to be overnighted. David Horsley may very well have won by many more votes but that is not the issue in question.

Let's open another can of worms. Al Waters told me several years ago when he was NAMBA President that if it was not in black and white in the rule book that it was not allowed. Show me in the rule book where it states that online voting is accepted. It doesn't. So does that make this entire election null and void?

So does that make this entire election null and void?
hahaha That's glorious Wayne! I once experienced an owner screaming at a room full of engineers "IF IT'S NOT ON PAPER IT DIDN'T F'N HAPPEN!"

The whole "is" allowed versus "isn't" allowed gets foggy. The rule book tells us some things are specifically allowed (legal FE motors for spec). Then in other areas it tells us specific things are not allowed (like steps on a mono).

Some have tried to run with "doesn't say it isn't allowed so it must therefore be legal." Doesn't always fit though.

There's no mention that we can have a retrieve boat. Only that it can't be out when the boats are running. Can I use a Hughey helicopter to retrieve my boats? Must be legal. Doesn't say I can't. As long as I'm flying per the law. How about a T6 full scale hydro? Am I insured? As long as no RC boats are running while I'm retrieving. I'm being silly of course. Next season I'm training some hawks to handle retrieve duties.

There are all kinds of things like this that we all do/know/accept without being told specifically what is legal. Gets ridiculous pretty quick.

On line voting is the next obvious evolution for both organizations. That is until we all get our chip implants. Then we'll just think our votes over.

Being that paper ballots are still acceptable it was premature to declare ANY winners just 2 days after the post mark deadline. Even if ZERO additional ballots were received. My opinion at least.

NAMBA calling the election in D-3 may have been premature considering such a close result. If a change needs to be made because an additional or additional ballots are received this week we will handle it at that time. At this point in time it is all speculation.

Since I was up for reelection I excused myself from the voting process during this election and did not manage the process or reporting. In the past we had concerns about how paper ballots were being used, hence the online voting system. I can only hope that the next NAMBA president will make all voting online mandatory to eliminate ALL the concerns brought up on this forum topic. Districts can also adopt the online voting process with the new membership portal. I will work as closely with the new NAMBA president as he wants me to on this or any other issues. As far as NAMBA not having a rule in place to use the online voting system.... I made a decision to use it. Plain and simple. If you do like that decision you can vote me out... Oh wait you did..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

At this point we can trust that if additional ballots come in that change an election outcome NAMBA will make a correction. i know this statement will probably not satisfy most people on this thread but its all I have for you at this time.

Robert Holland

NAMBA President

Hey Robert, how fun is it going to be to just go race for a change? That's my goal for 2016.

Robert, you are kind of a killjoy. You just took the fun out of this thread.
default_mad.gif
David what is your point?....you were sugar coating everything and complaining about being attacked as the messenger while you were on the phone with me this morning....not any real concern to me just your demeanor as if this question was a joke of some kind and it just shows everyone that when a simple, fair and concerned question is asked about any organization expect a bunch of responses from those close to the source that will try to detour what is really happening as the one who is responsible never mans up and comes forward...since when someone does a stinking they avoid any confrontation and have others do the blah, blah, blah damage control and give it a sugar coating and hope it all goes away!

Well done.... a Class Act that fools nobody!

Well Les, this is a problem for you and that is a shame. What I did do from the very first post is to try and get you guys to call the NAMBA office and get the answer you got above. I acknowledge this is a valid question on a number of time and asked you to call and get the proper answer from the proper source.

So you have your answer and somehow I don't think that will satisfy you The joke here is not the question posted about the election, the joke here is that people will go to great lengths to conjure demons, hate and discontent but will not lift a finger to get proper answer to the question they asked in the first place.

I am not sure how telling someone they should go to the source and get the answer is somehow redirecting and sugar coating but ultimately some folks are not happy with the results and that's just that.

Sorry to be flippant with that remark, it was intended to show how crazy it is for people to argue a point based on speculation without just getting the answers.

D

Well Les, this is a problem for you and that is a shame. What I did do from the very first post is to try and get you guys to call the NAMBA office and get the answer you got above. I acknowledge this is a valid question on a number of time and asked you to call and get the proper answer from the proper source.

So you have your answer and somehow I don't think that will satisfy you The joke here is not the question posted about the election, the joke here is that people will go to great lengths to conjure demons, hate and discontent but will not lift a finger to get proper answer to the question they asked in the first place.

D
There is no problem just for me it is for every NAMBA member!

All I asked is how is it possible to have an honest result in a 2 day time frame....and as for Robert that decided not to oversee the elections process to make sure it is fair regardless if he is running or not raises other concerns and for him to disregard and turn his back on what is really going on, which is definitely not in the best interests of all members only a few...guess that is why he is so happily to be voted out and probably cares less what happens in the next two days.

Needless to say it is a shame for all that enjoy this endeavor of fun.

Whether anything changes or not life goes on and whoever is D3 Director hopefully will make the necessary changes with the input and support of all D3 members to be able to incorporate a safe, fair and fun environment with positive encouragement of all current and new members within this hobby.

Gonna enjoying racing in 2016. Will be nice to take the target off my back for awhile. Its been fun and I enjoyed the time as NAMBA president but wont miss certain aspects that came with the job.

The only real issue is that the results were announced way to early considering there may be legal ballots in the mail even as I type this. I can only hope that if any mail in ballots show that they will be included in the final tally.

It certainly is to bad that in a district of nearly 300 members only 81 chose to vote.

No matter who wins we should all get behind them to help correct any issue that may be a problem. Get out there and help promote model boat racing for all. Any and all District decisions should be voted on by the district as a whole not a chosen few!

The only real issue is that the results were announced way to early considering there may be legal ballots in the mail even as I type this. I can only hope that if any mail in ballots show that they will be included in the final tally.

No matter who wins we should all get behind them to help correct any issue that may be a problem. Get out there and help promote model boat racing for all. Any and all District decisions should be voted on by the district as a whole not a chosen few!
I concur

its real real simple guys- and many replies from outside our district question why we queston it -

Well , we are sick and tired of a ditrict that runs under the rule of ONE club - period.

Time for a change down south and namba doesnt have to part of it.

Thats just my worthless .02 - but its obvious our true concerns in the district are being overlooked and shelved as digruntled- a witch hunt - a forum problem ect.

Come live it and see for those not here- Once again , just my worthless .02 to that many here and elsewhere,will agree-

but this district has issues, and FINALLY some others with some stones are stepping up to what I have said for 4years and been chastised for. It all started at a final meeting a few years back when Marv flat out told Wayne to shut up - then me - If anyone truely recalls, it all started over the WinterNats dates, and attitudes unwilling to bend. A man on a mission so to speak. Im sure I will take grief for bringing Marvs name in it- but frankly , I could care less, If you cant face reality - shame on you, not me. Im am more than empithetic for his health situation and ( as a God fearing man ) wish no ill will on a fellow man, so dont go there. -

what happened after that besides 4 years of this BS is beyond me because I walked out after telling Hilter to go screw himself.

Andy

Andy, That was 4 years ago. I will never forget that meeting. He showed his true colors 2 minutes into the meeting. What a way to introduce yourself as the new D3 Director. At least 20 people got up and walked out.

Sorry, this then Im done.......

I guess the truely sad part is -

We have some of the best weather in the country / some of the best ponds- certainly some of the fastest racers and really really good people as a whole. But YET , despite all that- we have such a disfuntcional Dist ( my opinion only). I will take any hate I get from saying that and be okay with it, its time to get it dealt with. If you disagree with me then , you disagree that

" as a whole- and as one " we can be one of the best districts in the nation, yet we let it slip away again and again due to petty diferences and opinions, never looking at the whole picture. IMHO only and Im pretty sure Im not alone, this all started at a dist year end meeting a few years back over WinterNats dates and a conflict of personalities that, to this day effect this district more than most are willing to admit.

I guess what is also disappointing is, NAMBA has been well aware of this for some time, and yet this is how its treated.

Sad

Done,

Andy

It was 2010 at Brandon and my second race ever.

I only remember Andy stomping out of the room............................
default_rolleyes.gif

I was siting next to Marty. He was introducing him self to me.

The rest is history.....................................the battle began...........................
default_ohmy.png

Wondered what the heck I was getting involved in...................O well lets race.......................
default_wink.png

Back