NAMBA Elections

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how when question arise those in the know seam to choke...........................

So if a vote for Wayne comes in then what????????????????????????????????

Will it just disappear?????????????????????

Will we try again????????????????????

not my reality but "true" reality..................................................

Not internet jockeying............................

Where is Hillary when you need her........................LOL

Hope I did not take it to far from reality Don.......................

Last edited by a moderator:
<place your own reality here since you are already doing it>
you place comment an then change it. lol I can also again have a nice day sir proof appears to be in the pudding sir move on not looking to cause trouble like you are starting to in out in out change your comment move on sir no time for childs play I got boats to work on lol

Ken

40 to 41 WOW that is close........................................

40 to 41 WOW that is close........................................

Twice - go figure.
default_sleep.png

(see previous election)

<place your own reality here since you are already doing it>
Surely NAMBA can provide a better suited comment to address this publicly, removing your comments only fuels the fire imho -lord knows that aint worth chit- . No one has even brought up the rumors (and they are just that till someone shows me proof) about a club in the districts voting practices. This is one election that would be better served to be appealed and re-voted. Clear the air 100% NAMBA.

Andy,

My comments from here were deleted simply because I do not want to participate in this discussion any further. Someone asked a fair question about the elections, I directed them to contact Al Waters so that they may the answer from the person in NAMBA who could answer that question and I even suggested when they get the answer they post what they learned here for others to get the same answer. The participants of this thread parlayed my suggestions to call Al Water in to a full-on controversy. Since folks had important questions about an important election I was trying to direct them to get good information and they wanted no part of it.

Ron Byrd posted his question, which was a repeat of the original question on this thread, on the NAMBA FB page. As you can see if you look at the NAMBA FB page we do not post "forum" type discussion there. That is not what that page was designed for. So I deleted his question from there, came back here and posted that I had deleted it there and since he posted it here maybe he could post the answer when he got it. That was then interpreted as hiding something or trying to cover up the question.

You would be surprised to know that less that 25% of the membership vote and determine the elections and rules. The people who have an agenda get out and work to get people to vote with only 25% voting it's not hard to impact the vote. You want to change that? Vote! The vote does not go your way so you question the personal integrity of the people who work their butts off to keep the organization running? I have had a chance to see first hand the character of the people running NAMBA and I have to tell you these are the best of the best.

So here is the bottom line, I have finally figured out that these forum are toxic. Plain and simple. No matter what you say people take it out of context, misinterpret or distort what you say. They want to conjure a controversy and good information be damned. As the NAMBA IT Chairman I use these tools to help keep our membership informed of what is going on within NAMBA for their benefit. IW and JRCBD are places where we can have interactive discussion about NAMBA and what is going on with NAMBA. However I have learned the hard way that it doesn't work. I invest a significant amount of hours each week dedicated to NAMBA, its websites and furthering the cause of model boating which you all enjoy. So for all of you who enjoy the benefits of the few that work so hard to make all this happen and then turn around behave like this, you need to maybe take up knitting.

** LAST OFFICIAL NAMBA POST **

Al Waters is the Secretary for NAMBA and is in charge of the elections. If you have a question about anything related to the elections contact Al and you will get the answer.

** End of OFFICIAL NAMBA POST **

Meanwhile I will continue doing what I do for the hobby and I have officially removed IW and JRCBD as information sources for anything NAMBA going forward. I would not expect any more "official" or "unofficial" NAMBA information here any longer. Folks can go back to wishing each other happy birthday.

Speechless..............It's getting hot in here......dropping the 2 most used forums used to talk about this hobby from NAMBA existance and use....WOW !!

The thing is, if the powers that be would come up with a compelling answer to the question, then there would not be any issues. Like it or not, these forums (unlike a controlled Facebook page) are a great place to make things right. If there was an error by NAMBA in calling the election to quickly, then stand up and make it right and correct the problem.

David Santistevan said: "Meanwhile I will continue doing what I do for the hobby and I have officially removed IW and JRCBD as information sources for anything NAMBA going forward. I would not expect any more "official" or "unofficial" NAMBA information here any longer. Folks can go back to wishing each other happy birthday"

So much for free speech and differing opinions.....the door has already been opened and can't be unopened.....

I also wonder, with all the technology we have today, why in the world would any international organization use the voting method that NAMBA is using. There are many 3rd party, independent companies that can be used to conduct fair and timely elections (electiontrust.com) that would remove any doubt that an election was fair.

David, rewind to the ORIGINAL post-

[SIZE=9pt]How is it even possible to honestly announce the NAMBA election results for District 3 when the mail-in entry ballots that were post marked on 10/24/15 and mailed from the east coast of the US (Florida) and sent to the west coast of the US (California) and as well be counted in two days???[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Especially when the election results are won / lost by a few votes!
USPS First Class Mail takes 5-7 days when mailed from Florida to California.
[/SIZE]

You have not answered this question echoed by numerous NAMBA members on this thread. And then you wonder why your members want to know what exactly is going on and even get suspicious? Seriously, why would you already announce results of an election, close or not, where snail mail votes had until 10/25 to be postmarked from a district that is 5-7 days away by average first class postage? I think I'm going to save a link to this thread so the next time an IMPBA member complains about it taking so long with us waiting to announce election results I'll send it to them so they know it's because we don't want this very scenario. As an "outsider" looking in I have to agree with Andy, David, Ron and others wondering what exactly is the deal. And with you getting all bent outta shape saying that's the end of any more "official" NAMBA posts on here just stokes the fires of suspicion. Threads like this are never any fun and sadly are the PIA part of the "politics of boating" but you did open that door as previously mentioned. So perhaps you should have a look at this from their side of the fence and see why their feathers are getting ruffled. Had the original question been answered in the beginning I wouldn't have gotten p/ms asking to keep the thread open and it wouldn't be deep into it's second page................

Am I missing something? What do you guys have riding on this vote? Lets change the world!........with a model boat organizations election? bahaha Perspective guys. Still a hobby right?

David is right about one thing. There are plenty o' guys that would prefer to not trust those that work hard for our silly hobby just because they've taken on extra responsibility. Accusations of corruption and conspiracy are exhausting. Those that love to point your finger can you please please please take a minute...................I asked this before.......................what fer? Run for DD or president so you can have more responsibility, more work, listen to more whining, have your character questioned every three days? ugh I don't question the "powers" integrity. I question their sanity.

2 days does seem quick to report the results to me too but the likely hood that there is some grand conspiracy or corruption is making a leap that isn't necessary. A screw up? Probably.

"Someone asked a fair question about the elections, I directed them to contact Al Waters so that they may the answer from the person in NAMBA who could answer that question and I even suggested when they get the answer they post what they learned here for others to get the same answer."

and

** LAST OFFICIAL NAMBA POST **

Al Waters is the Secretary for NAMBA and is in charge of the elections. If you have a question about anything related to the elections contact Al and you will get the answer.

** End of OFFICIAL NAMBA POST **

For those who missed it.

Can one of you guys call Al and get the answer so we can just put this to bed. I know what would not be as much fun but starting with the first post it would have all been moot. I cannot answer it 1) because I do not know the answer (my part was the online voting) and 2) It's not my job and since I have other NAMBA responsibilities I do not want anyone to take what I say as any kind official anything on voting.

Terry, I agree, second go around with this on the forums and I am serious questioning my sanity, I may take up knitting. You are also right about perspective, NAMBA has no stake in D3s DD. That is for the benefit of D3.

Instead of passing the buck by requesting that others should be calling Al Waters and posting what they comprehend or interpreted from the conversation - Al Waters should be the one responding to this thread personally?...at least by now I am sure he has been aware of what is being asked and the concerns about and how the organization governs itself on vote counting procedures!

I have received emails on how District 3 has done things in the past as a dictatorship and at the last West Palm Beach race I was told that there was some people that were having other people sign the ballot and Wayne's name wasn't on it only Horsley's name.

I have nothing against either one and the question I posted at the beginning of this thread is a concern on how things are run in the NAMBA Organization which is not in a professional manner.

FYI:

Many have said that they want to promote more racing participants in this hobby and now here is one of the reasons why some do not want to get involved in district racing.

For those to think... 'who cares..lets race and have fun'...the fun exits your mind and soul real quick when people make rules that are voted on within their little group rather than a majority census and of course they tell you everyone was notified of the voted proposal and you must be present at that race to vote as a District 3 member.....who is going to travel 200+ miles?, so their voice or vote will be heard none the less be counted anyway!

Everyone has an agenda in what they do...whether it is work or play and for those that pay their membership dues is IMOHO are paying for the insurance while being lead to believe that the membership is also enabling you to belong to an organization that operates fairly....just saying.

Can someone enlighten me on how things were done in Post #1 is a fair non-bias outcome?

I have received emails on how District 3 has done things in the past as a dictatorship and at the last West Palm Beach race I was told that there was some people that were having other people sign the ballot and Wayne's name wasn't on it only Horsley's name.
I have no stake in the D3 election either. I also don't know either of the candidates but I desperately want this to be a rumor. I've heard it from more than one person now though. That's a sleazy way to elect a DD if it went that way. If true it leads me back to my earlier question......what fer? To gain what? ugh

We had a dictatorship problem at the club level and changed our structure. Never seen it at the district level personally. In fact, if we have a district issue to vote on our DD sends emails to all of the district members. Hasn't happened in ages for us where we need to vote on something at the district level.

Just an FYI:

David Santistevan (NAMBA's IT guy) called me 30 minutes ago and discussed on the phone my question of the time frame and the professional way the elections' results was handled and argued about what I posted was unnecessary and I really didn't appreciate him hanging up on me in mid conversation....very un-professional and I wonder if NAMBA knows he is doing this?

I also found it interesting that NAMBA would not post Wayne Farrows election bio online @ the NAMBA website, after he contacted them about it. I know for a fact it would have been very easy to post online...a matter of minutes.

Just Sayin'

Les,

I didn't hang up on you. It sounded like you went on speaker phone and then I could not hear you. I would suggest if you folks have an issue with the election you should call the NAMBA office and deal with it. Stop the BSing here,

Didn't he submit it late? I know he asked me to post it online after the deadline for all submissions.
Nobody informed him when he had to have it in by....also it should have been brought to his attention when he submitted his nomination form...that was not done either ( simple email..phone call, anything).

Didn't he submit it late? I know he asked me to post it online after the deadline for all submissions.
David, The only people that I contacted was the NAMBA President, VP, Secretary and one DD that I trust. YOU were never contacted by me. Let me make that perfectly clear. Yes my bio was submitted late only because I was dealing with my mother who just died Tuesday night from stage 4 cancer. I know that is no excuse and I did not push the issue but instead posted it on these great forums we have. It was an easy copy and paste procedure that would have taken an exhausting 2 minutes to do but Al said it was late and he would not allow it.

Lets' all pile on the IT guru for posting the results, that solves everything....

THANK YOU DAVID FOR THE COUNTLESS HOURS SPENT BRINGING NAMBA TECHNOLOGY TO THE 21ST CENTURY!

This doesnt make since why does a bio have to be in at a certain time. Yes you need to have your paper in for being up to vote for but a Bio thats ridiculous> Mike and Les maybe its time for a change down here big time.

Back