My Newly-Painted Aerotech.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonSoper

I finally got arount to painting my Aerotech. It has a Volvo blue, a purple called "Black-Eye Purple" from a BMW Mini, some black & some silver. The white has blue pearl in it that doesn't show up in the pics. The nose is the front section of a VS1 cowl that I will probably use as a weight compartment. The black screws are temporary.

MVC_005F.JPG

MVC_006F.JPG

MVC_008F.JPG

MVC_009F.JPG

I finally got arount to painting my Aerotech. It has a Volvo blue, a purple called "Black-Eye Purple" from a BMW Mini, some black & some silver. The white has blue pearl in it that doesn't show up in the pics. The nose is the front section of a VS1 cowl that I will probably use as a weight compartment. The black screws are temporary.
Very nice paint job, but I can see some guy with bad eyesight running all over it floating deadstick in choppy water! The paint scheme is perfect camo for water like that. James Beasley

Very nice paint job, but I can see some guy with bad eyesight running all over it floating deadstick in choppy water! The paint scheme is perfect camo for water like that. James Beasley
That's why I left a lot of white on it, hoping that it would still be easy to see. I'll have my fingers crossed.

I like it ! :D You did an awsome job Don. If it runs as good as it looks we'll be running deck to deck! :eek:

That really looks good! I would like to have a picture of it when it is finished to go on my web site. I designed that boat back in the early 80's. It was called the "Aerotech SR-360" We sold a lot of them. We once had them in Tower years ago and they bought 50 at a time.

-Carl,

That really looks good! I would like to have a picture of it when it is finished to go on my web site. I designed that boat back in the early 80's. It was called the "Aerotech SR-360" We sold a lot of them. We once had them in Tower years ago and they bought 50 at a time.
-Carl,

Thats a cool bit of history Carl.. thanks for sharing!

I had an Aerotech once, it was a well built hull.

~James

-Carl,

~James
Not to brag but here goes.... The Aerotech SR-360 was the first 7.5cc O/B tunnel boat to take a US-1.

-Carl,

~James
Not to brag but here goes.... The Aerotech SR-360 was the first 7.5cc O/B tunnel boat to take a US-1.
Still have mine.

Back