Just bought the rest of the paint for my Sport 40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Stollfuss

I just bought the rest of the paint for my sport 40, 3 pints of different color, a blue, a silver and a white, a quart of PPG 2021 clear, reducer's and hardener. came to $300.00. thats not counting the $100 plus I spent on primer a few weeks back. I feel violated! One color I wanted was a blue that had some pearl in it. It was $97.00 a pint.. Needless to say I went with a cheaper blue! I wish I knew someone around here that could get me a good deal on paint. Oh well, this one is gonna look good when finished!

Josh-

I just bought the rest of the paint for my sport 40, 3 pints of different color, a blue, a silver and a white, a quart of PPG 2021 clear, reducer's and hardener. came to $300.00. thats not counting the $100 plus I spent on primer a few weeks back. I feel violated! One color I wanted was a blue that had some pearl in it. It was $97.00 a pint.. Needless to say I went with a cheaper blue! I wish I knew someone around here that could get me a good deal on paint. Oh well, this one is gonna look good when finished!

Josh-
Josh, it's not so bad....Think about the money you are saving by spraying it yourself...Probably another $150 or more to have someone else mask and shoot it for you :)

Let us see it when you are done.

Brian

Josh-
Josh you just got a small taste of what we scale guys feel. :blink:

My problem is I have not sprayed any paint in years, so I had no left overs of anything, I'm starting from scratch on all the paint supplies. When I'm done I'm going to have all kinds of stuff left over. So I guess I'll just have to paint aonther one of the fleet..

josh-

Most of the time when you buy PPG it is almost more economical to buy a quart as it is generally not much more than the pint........ Sounds like you need a boating buddy like me that owns a body shop and has their own mixing machines, they can mix a thimble full if necessary.

Josh-
I just painted 2 boats for a guy last week for around $300. The only way I can do it is because I've already got most of the paint primer and clear I need (in Gallons) My paint bill is around $2,000. a month and I only do small custom stuff.

Yea, Bill I need to find someone who can hook me up on paint supplies. Walking in off the street I pretty much take it in the shorts. But the guys at Finishmasters are pretty cool. I just wish I got some kind of jobber rate.

Josh-

I know what you mean several years ago a friend sent me to a buddy of his for some PPG paint to do my 1980 Bud Backup boat, paid over $300 for the Gold, Red, White & 2021 Clear with the hardners and that didn't include the reducers, he wouldn't sell less than a quart and people wonder why you ask so much for a nicely painted boat>>>>>>>>> B)

Most of the time when you buy PPG it is almost more economical to buy a quart as it is generally not much more than the pint........ Sounds like you need a boating buddy like me that owns a body shop and has their own mixing machines, they can mix a thimble full if necessary.
hey bill, ol bubby of mine, you never told me that you own a body shop. i've been knowing you for years.

Josh, I feel your pain. I recently bought my starter set of PPG paints too. Three pints of color, a quart of clear, a quart of primer, and all the other associated stuff that's needed to make it work. Ouch. Fortunately, I have 3 boats waiting for paint and then a couple others I'll add some trim colors to.

Josh-

This item on sale on e-bay is a small amount of dry pearl additive, he also has a lot of other trick stuff. Item number: 4615238446 maybe you might want to mix some with some clear to spray over the blue. Rudy

Anybody ever try this guys paint? Ebay# 4615738343 I bought one of his color charts# 4570126872

Can't beat the prices.

Yea Don, I'm beginning to think I may have to have a common theme in a couple of my paint schemes after that trip to the paint store!

Bob, I know I couldn't beat the price on the hull!

Josh-

Yea Don, I'm beginning to think I may have to have a common theme in a couple of my paint schemes after that trip to the paint store!

Bob, I know I couldn't beat the price on the hull!

Josh-
I was pretty happy with my end of the deal. Between the motor like object from you and the one I got off Ebay I now have one good motor.

Back