MY NEW SPORT 20 BUILD ...LEGAL OR NOT THAT IS THE QUESTION

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna' see how well it runs with 5 other boats on the water!
smile.gif
Especially if one of them is mine and I'm half a lap ahead of you!
laugh.gif
See you in Mendota Bro!...cuz yer too sceered to bring it to Cambridge on the 26th!
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Twin City Model Boat Club Point race #3 at the Isanti County Fair, Cambridge MN July 26th. Drivers meeting 9AM

IMPBA rules enforced. See our web site for more info. www.tcmbc.org

i have submitted pics of this hull design on here and am wondering what you all think.. i have seen the pay and pak which bill my friend from florida said was legal and a 3 pt hydro that has rigger styling.. i dont feel this is a modified rigger as it has non adjustable sponsons, it has a full lenght cowling, and meets the sport 20 demensions that are rquired to be legal, i know the sponsons need to blend into the "center section" i try not to call it a tub as it is not and to keep it away from the "modified rigger" labeling. help me out here phil ..lets make this thing legal as in my opinion the only boat on the market right now that even comes close to looking lke a real hydroplane is phils stuff.. most boats like blazers and marks all have a nose that looks like a rigger, hydros have rounded noses not square block noses.. what do you all think?
terminator

http://www.intlwaters.com/uploads/12376126..._378_436257.jpg

http://www.intlwaters.com/uploads/12376126...9_378_27232.jpg

http://www.intlwaters.com/uploads/12376126..._378_288460.jpg

http://www.intlwaters.com/uploads/12376126..._378_153502.jpg
YOUR BOAT IS ABSOLUTELY ILLEGAL. YOUR BOAT IS A RIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK THERE SIR !!!!! THANK YOU !!! we will see after i make changes to it if it is, i think it is up to others to decide? never done this before so i guess we will see how it goes?

tk
Now you see the problem with a rule that rellies on a persons perception. In NAMBA if it meets the measurments then it would be legal. Hmm maybe you should look to moving over to NAMBA that is member driven and not dictated to by a strong Board and an individuls perception based on the ancient past of the full size boats. 1:1 Inboard hydro racing has evolved fast in the past couple of years . While we do still restrict the ride surfaces to the front half of the boat in NAMBA our rules can be easily tested with a ruler and are not left open to one guys ideas, They also allow for us to more closly emulate what is going on with the 1:1 boats that our class is supposed to emmulate. Hmm NAMBA Nationals are near New Oreleans next year so maybe some IMPBA Sport drivers could make the jump ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
NAMBA and IMPBA members..

I would really like to state.. I am a NAMBA member as well as a IMPBA member and don’t have that attitude towards one or the other org..

Please, my self, speaking as a member of both orgs.. we do not ALL think like that..

Grim

Different strokes for different folks.
smile.gif
If there was a NAMBA club in my area I would belong to both organizations.

Different strokes for different folks.
smile.gif
If there was a NAMBA club in my area I would belong to both organizations.
just 2 strokes for me larry..lol i just hope they dont have a antique approach on this as it is attempting to get certified to run impba right now...we will see what they all say and i am sure atleast "one" board member will have it in for me so i can count on his vote being no..lol.

tk

nice looking sport rigger(sounds fast),Inovation is great,long as you follow the guid lines of a certain classes rules ,that were already in place before you built.,"Check the rules before you build" and ask ?????,I read the rules and asked ??? before I built,So that all the work that I did was not for nothing.My hull follows the sport 20 rules to a "T",and I still have a lot of innovation incorperated into the hull.

Scott:

gallery_2309_482_121.jpg

gallery_2309_482_2288.jpg

Hey TERM,

Which boat are you running in B Hydro at Mendota? This one or your Blackbird?
smile.gif
i have a plan..a master plan to bring the blackbird..why you ask....scared..better be, they dont make toys like this for old timers over 50..
unsure.gif
see ya there , you old square..lol ah and if i get all my work dont this week the sport 20 wil make its apperance there as well..better look out.

tk

Hey TERM,

Which boat are you running in B Hydro at Mendota? This one or your Blackbird?
smile.gif
i have a plan..a master plan to bring the blackbird..why you ask....scared..better be, they dont make toys like this for old timers over 50..
unsure.gif
see ya there , you old square..lol ah and if i get all my work dont this week the sport 20 wil make its apperance there as well..better look out.

tk
My Blackbird is faster than your Blackbird...and your funky doo sport rigger is no match for my 35+ powered SuperSport. You will learn one thing for sure at Mendota. Old age and treachery beat youth and enthusiasm every time! You not so little whippersnapper!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

lol sounds like something YODA would say off of star wars larry.

you been up late watching old movies again lol

unless your blackbird is going the posted speed limit in iowa interstates you wont stand a chance old man, you need a tow to the race in that neon let me know, i am bringing my trailer i am sure we can fit it in there..lol .. unless you finally got old enough to get a aarp card and a mini van.
tongue.gif

tk

unless your blackbird is going the posted speed limit in iowa interstates you wont stand a chance old man, you need a tow to the race in that neon let me know, i am bringing my trailer i am sure we can fit it in there..lol .. unless you finally got old enough to get a aarp card and a mini van.
tongue.gif

tk
I'm leaving the SRT-4 at home. I may just run my Blackbird on 65% so you can stay on the same lap!
laugh.gif
You better have that "snorkler" tunnel dialed in if you want to run with my Nemesis, Your Woodstuff doesn't stand a chance against my Leecraft.
tongue.gif
You'll need that trailer so you have a place to run to so you can hide your tears between heats!

tongue.gif

tk
I'm leaving the SRT-4 at home. I may just run my Blackbird on 65% so you can stay on the same lap!
laugh.gif
You better have that "snorkler" tunnel dialed in if you want to run with my Nemesis, Your Woodstuff doesn't stand a chance against my Leecraft.
tongue.gif
You'll need that trailer so you have a place to run to so you can hide your tears between heats!
just dont have a geriatric moment and stick yer finger in the prop or something trying to make excuses why i spanked you three heats in a row..lol ...seriously though you can pit under my tent if you want to, that way yours dont head for the lake or something..lol there will be plenty of room man, you are always welcome. my woodstuff is on loan to a veteran tunnel king man, im going slow and sniping the competition with my secret weapon..lol see ya there old man

tk

tongue.gif

tk
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
just dont have a geriatric moment and stick yer finger in the prop or something trying to make excuses why i spanked you three heats in a row..lol ...seriously though you can pit under my tent if you want to, that way yours dont head for the lake or something..lol there will be plenty of room man, you are always welcome. my woodstuff is on loan to a veteran tunnel king man, im going slow and sniping the competition with my secret weapon..lol see ya there old man

tk
Save me a spot for my canopy, we should be rolling into Mendota around Noon to Noon thirty on Friday. I'll only get to whoop yer azz in three classes, cuz they probably won't let you run your sport rigger with the sport 20's...You need to tie a string and a tail on that boat anyway, I hear it likes to fly around in the air like a kite.
biggrin.gif
See you soon Bro!

tongue.gif

tk
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

tk
Save me a spot for my canopy, we should be rolling into Mendota around Noon to Noon thirty on Friday. I'll only get to whoop yer azz in three classes, cuz they probably won't let you run your sport rigger with the sport 20's...You need to tie a string and a tail on that boat anyway, I hear it likes to fly around in the air like a kite.
biggrin.gif
See you soon Bro!
the sport rigger? man your not helping my cause there larry..lol i think it will be fine to run for mendota..if nothing else cause quite a stir ..especially when it is under wraps all weekend..lol we will be just fine ..and get your boarding passes right now for the next flight it should be good.

tk

Aproved? Not aproved? Fire wood?
dunno yet.. been over a month and heard nothing?? if i dont get it tamed down it'll be firewood lol... it is coming around though so hopefully they make the desicion before flint. and as far as i know you dont have to send a hull through tech unless it is gonna be in production, so i really dont know why im being singled out..may have to seek assistance on this one?

tk

If you don't "saw" it up for fire wood, you could try running as a saw boat, or try for the 2 lap record with it. That boat is silly fast when its the only boat on the water.

Latest posts

Back