My Dygert Circus Circus Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullDogRacing

Gaday Guys

Well I thought that i would follow on where Bert left off after he posted the picks of the layup.

Ive started the fit out and i know that the strut needed to be offset so what i thought is rather than

Have that uglly kink in the log tube ill just off set the motor to the left by 5/16 but then i got to thinking should i leave the motor center and have the bend in the tube or how it is now .its ezzy to change now as i made a second set of spacers that will center the motor in the tub.

Whats your thoughts even your two cents werth.

Thanks Brad

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaday Guys

Well I thought that i would follow on where Bert left off after he posted the picks of the layup.

Ive started the fit out and i know that the strut needed to be offset so what i thought is rather than

Have that uglly kink in the log tube ill just off set the motor to the left by 5/16 but then i got to thinking should i leave the motor center and have the bend in the tube or how it is now .its ezzy to change now as i made a second set of spacers that will center the motor in the tub.

Thanks Brad

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg
Any updates on your build?

Cheers!

Gaday Guys

Thanks Brad

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Cheers!
Where did you get the rudder i need one of those for my new build?

Most guys just center the engine and put the bend in the shaft log. The bend also helps with lessening the friction in the shaft log because of the torque created and the natural tendacy of the shaft to twist under load.

You can get one like that from CMDI Andy Brown

PHIL
Phil its different,I had a CMDI but had to give it up to Ken as he had drilled the U-13 for one and could not get one. This one is offset more I like it more
Can you build homemade custom U-3" deep x 2.25" long x 2.5" wide x 1/4" thick Alumium by mill drill machine Will you learn enjoy cut plate Cheers Allan

You can get one like that from CMDI Andy Brown

PHIL
Phil its different,I had a CMDI but had to give it up to Ken as he had drilled the U-13 for one and could not get one. This one is offset more I like it more
I am also interested in that bracket which is partially why I resurrected the post. I also like the hull.

Gaday Guys

Thanks Brad

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Cheers!
Gaday Guys

The rudder is one of mine not a CMD one as it is offset to 1/2 inch to the left to get the blade away from the prop some more .as for any progress not yet ive been building my Oh Boy Oberto thats now in the Paint shop and also working on my drop sponson 1/8th & simply had forgotten about this one till now as its not in my model shed but in my main Garage .Brad

Brad

Looking very nice, are you going to bring it to HVMMC next race day for show and tell. please
biggrin.gif
Gaday YOUNG Al B)

Hows things mate ??? since you said please ill bring her up for you.

She hasnt progressed much of late as ive been building the little sports hydro for Vicky and my drop sponson deal .Brad

Hello everybody .

Brad , thats a very nice piece of machine work on the rudder bracket and exhaust extension . Looks like a bit of overtime done to make it . See you at the boats in the near future .

Regards

Ian Baas

Tall Fella Racing

Australia

i would like to get one of the exhaust extension
Me too.You have an update for us soon,Almost ready to paint my Dygert Circus.just a few minor things left to do.Shann
Gaday Guys

Mate i have been a bit slack on the old hydro :blink: as ive had all my efforts building our new full size family owned super class Ski race boat ,so now ive got the ich for some full scale speed i have been a some what side tracked .Brad B)

Latest posts

Back