Strut off set question why do it .????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullDogRacing

Gaday guys

Just a question as to why the struts gets off set to the left by about 1/4 inch when looking fron the transom end

Of a 1/8th hydro .

My last two builds ive been advised that the strut shoud be off set now both my 1993 Circus Circus twin wing &

my 1994 oberto have the strut & the motor off set by 1/4

yet my T4 Bud im re doing now it curently has the strut only off set ive never taken the time to ask as to why I just did it as per advice for others .

But now rebuilding the t4 Space is getting tight and i would like to have the motor center of the tube but didnt want to have the off set bend in the brass tube so the strut could still remain offset with the motor center .

So would you keep the strut offset and offset the motor as well keeping all in aline

or run the motor center with the strut also center see i want to run a front radio box with the rudder push rod beside the motor to the back.

Thanks Brad

I was told in my boat built bya local club member, it was offset to compensate for tork roll form all that raw power.

Beau

torque and to counter act prop walk , also the another aproach to it is motor on centre line angled across by 1-2 degree does same , if you can get the chance to look at the strut setups on a gp hydro , 6 litre etc.

It really does not matter,most guys offset to center the strut to the rear of the boat.Others do it to make room for a rudder as some transoms are tiny. I have ran boat both ways with no problems. Same as rudder,long as its on the transom its going to work.

I agree with Mike - a 1/4" one way or the other with the strut will probably not make a measurable difference in performance. The only reason I have offset entire drivetrains to left is to put weight that has to be in the boat anyway where it will do the most good.

Back