MRC outboard tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracy linder

Has any body seen the outboard tunnel made by MRC. MRC stands for model rectifier corp. Im new to electrics and want to run outboard tunnels , I had my eye on the graupner f1 tunnel but hobby lobby cant get one. Anyway I ran across an ad in a airplane magazine that showed a elec. outboard tunnel, it was 26 inches long and 11 inches wide, wich seems to be the right size. any info from one of you electric gurus would help. thanks Tracy

Update! i found MRCs web site and looked at a picture of the f1 tunnel and it looks real good im just wondering what kind of outboard it has, can it be modified .IT says the motor is a 540 size, but I do not know anything about electrics could somebody reply and tell me if this is a fast motor. I have been running nitro outboards for 20 years. and im tired of the mess. now im ready to try electrics. thanks

Got any pictures you can show us of it? :) does it come RTR? what des it come with?

I myself havnt heard of it, but that doesnt mean it isnt any good...

Kris

OK i just looked, its the Supreme tunnel...it might be alright, but ther are better :)

Check your PM's

Oh yeah, the 540 motors are the base line motors and arnt too good to be honest...but for a beginner would be suitabel for a couple of runs, since you have been running boats for a while already it wont be too exciting IMO

Kris

hey kris this is tracy, you can find pictures of it on MRCs web site. go to yahoo and type in model rectifier corperation. and it shows a picture of the hull. thanks for the help. I was about to start building a wood over foam boat, but I would rather buy one already built.

Yep, i went there just after i posted the first time...my results are in the post just above yours ;)

im looking for a boat that looks realistic and will run around 20 or 25 mph.im not going to race, Im going to run this boat at lake where we go camping.

Hi Tracey.I have been looking for and tried many tunnels for electric.Here is what I have found.

Wood Kits and plans,RCBM has plans for a Starks Electric tunnel.Lary larson owns the speed record with this hull.Power Surges Villian,Is a nitro hull that I am converting to electric as we speek.Bandit boats Killermakes a nice electric conversion but sort of heavy.Hyperformance has a tunnel as well.The MRC,Acadamy and Wave master are the same boat.Andrew at Fast Electrics.com as well as precision boats have upgrade kits and gear boxes for this nice Outboard.The hull how ever starts out light but as you do the propper up grades and add structural rigidity to the hull it becomes heavy.Fine design is as of yesterday is importing Hydro and Marine tunnels.These should be better than Graupner as it was designed and tested by their Race team.Its only 26" long and has a scale look and was made for Electric or Nitro.MRP was a great 6 to 8 cell boat with a great scale look at 24"Their is one for sale on the Rum Runner sight in there Swap shop Under Mrp out board wanted 75.00 bucks is agreat place to start in sport OPC.Oh and DPI has a great looking 3.5 Tunnel. Fullers fast electrics has them on sale for 70.00 dollars but you will have to buy an out board to go with it.Dumas has an offering as well.Their 24" sprint is available in Abs or wood Kit with abs cowel.This boat in my opinion would be perfect mated with the Kyosho outboard and a 700 motor.It would yeiled 7 to 10 minute run times and about 25 mph speeds All of the parts for this conversion are out their and it realy wouldnt be a conversion at all it would be a perfect match.In my oppinion.

For a first time boater in OPC I would say get a good hull first!Weather new or used.The Kyosho Dalphin is a Nylon Knock off of the K&B lower end and is lighter by about 4 ounces.It comes with .125 cable that is hardy if kept greased.I ran one of these at the 02 SAWS witha hacker brushless.No Failures.Get something that is upgradeable.Many Sport runners turn into sport racers.If you get an OPC and get light headed and want to go faster and faster dont call a doctor.You just got the BUG!

Hey dennis this is Tracy, thanks for all of the interesting info. I have run the DPI and built a hot shot sprint wood,both in nitro. So you have got me thinking about building another sprint for elec.. would I be able to lighten it up a bit? I also saw an article on here about a balsa sprint, that might be an Idea too. anyway thanks so much for info. One more question I have a speed control from a airplane it says e-flight 25 on side of it also a hitec radio and a 8 cell 1100mah pack thats all brand new I crashed my electra jet plane on the first flight, would this stuff work in a boat? tracy

Latest posts

Back