motor options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard,
I am not a distributor,but a CMB dealer,and I am working on a CMB page/pages to add to my web site:

www.props4u.com so everyone can get the latest information and pricing. As a dealer, I think this should

help the situation. "Education is the key if we all want to learn"! :lol:

Thanks For The Business,

Mark Sholund
Mark, great idea. In no way was i referring to any dealers of CMB engines. I just find it quite odd, that the disributors here in the USA, wont put up a web site. It always is a pleasure doing business with you. Richard D

another great thread thanks for all the input. there are so many really good motors its soooooo hard to choose, we'll see what happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Leighton,

I am heading out to the lake now to go test the newest Valvola 21 Redhead motor. I will let you

know how it goes. It is worth the money believe me. I tested the new motor today,and the Stealth

21 sure liked the motor. It will rev just as high or higher than the Greenhead that it is replacing.

The new little carb. can STROLL

RIGHT ALONG. I was having no trouble with the motor at all,it has a really nice sound on the TOP END

and it has plenty of torque on the launch. I will know more tomorrow morning when I get the gun on it,

but it looks like CMB did their homework. :lol:

Stay Tuned, :lol:

Mark Sholund

mark did you run an S.P.P pipe? at what length? does the motor need any "extra work"? sounds good so far. right now i'm between getting one or the novarossi 35 plus 21M as a matter of fact i might just buy one of each because i have two NINJA riggers. i await your report on the motor.

Leighton,

The motor will run against any Nova Rossi or any others on the market. The cost is getting up their,but you will not need an aftermarket carb on this motor.

It will go real well out of the box,when we modify it I'm sure it will run with anyone in the world. :lol: Leighton,

I ran my MS-21 pipe at 7 1/2" with my 70% Nitro(My Mix)with a 1445 @ 2.91" of cup @46mm and it would run

quite well and throttle easy up and down,just a good heat race set up.

Have Fun, Happy New Year!

Mark Sholund

Leighton,
The motor will run against any Nova Rossi or any others on the market. I tested in the low 70's this morning with

a very conservative set up. The cost is getting up their,but you will not need an aftermarket carb on this motor.

It will go real well out of the box,when we modify it I'm sure it will run with anyone in the world. :lol: Leighton,

I ran my MS-21 pipe at 7 1/2" with my 70% Nitro(My Mix)with a 1445 @ 2.91" of cup @46mm and it would run

Mark Sholund
Mark, thanks for the latest report. Sounds like a nice motor.Will be looking forward to your up dated web site, with the CMB info. Richard D

hey mark thanks for the update. sound like it has great upside to this motor. you made my decision even harder :lol: if i weren't for the fact that the boats i have were built around a rear intake motor, i have to decide if i want to redrill holes in the tub and move the motor mount so that the carb will clear the rear sponson boom to make this motor fit, AH the joys of racing boats ;)

Leighton,
The motor will run against any Nova Rossi or any others on the market. I tested in the low 70's this morning with

a very conservative set up. The cost is getting up their,but you will not need an aftermarket carb on this motor.

Mark Sholund
Mark,

I'm not a prop guy but with a very conservative set-up and a motor that's hardly broken in. How high does that motor have to RPM to run low 70's with a little prop like the 1445? Best I was able to get out of a similar propeller with my Orlic Nova Rossi was 67mph. That engine must be reving out the waszooooo. Tell us how you do it.... Did you run water in this cool weather etc?

Best I ever ran was 75mph with the Orlic motor, Irwin "S" pipe and an Andy Brown 1450 cut down and cupped prop I got from Joe Knesek.

Ron

Mark,

I'm all for CMB motor sales but that speed sounds unreasonable.. There are only a handful of guys in the country who are even running 70 mph in a heat race 20 hydro with Nova Rossi engines.. And with a 46mm prop?? Yes, please share.. I'd love to run in the 70's with a conservative setup and a brand new,stock engine!!

Thanks,

Charley

Leighton,

Mark Sholund
Mark,

I'm not a prop guy but with a very conservative set-up and a motor that's hardly broken in. How high does that motor have to RPM to run low 70's with a little prop like the 1445? Best I was able to get out of a similar propeller with my Orlic Nova Rossi was 67mph. That engine must be reving out the waszooooo. Tell us how you do it.... Did you run water in this cool weather etc?

Best I ever ran was 75mph with the Orlic motor, Irwin "S" pipe and an Andy Brown 1450 cut down and cupped prop I got from Joe Knesek.

Ron

And I still have that prop! Glad to see you back Ron.

Mark,
I'm all for CMB motor sales but that speed sounds unreasonable.. There are only a handful of guys in the country who are even running 70 mph in a heat race 20 hydro with Nova Rossi engines.. And with a 46mm prop?? Yes, please share.. I'd love to run in the 70's with a conservative setup and a brand new,stock engine!!

Thanks,

Charley
I am not getting on the wagon but i two would like to know how.. If i run that small of prop i would be running 60 mph and picking up rod pcs out of the retrieve boat.. Maybe it works for some but i for one can't do it.. my boats like prop DIAMETER.

i can and have raced at or over 70 but not on a 46mm prop.

just curious?

chris

Mark,

Thanks,

Charley
I am not getting on the wagon but i two would like to know how.. If i run that small of prop i would be running 60 mph and picking up rod pcs out of the retrieve boat.. Maybe it works for some but i for one can't do it.. my boats like prop DIAMETER.

just curious?

chris
Leighton, are you sure you would have to change the motor location to clear the boom tube? Remember, the Valvola carb, sets in a upright position. Richard D

Mark,

Thanks,

Charley

just curious?

chris
Leighton, are you sure you would have to change the motor location to clear the boom tube? Remember, the Valvola carb, sets in a upright position. Richard D
Richard in the NINJA there is an aluminum block that hold the rear boom eventhough the carb is at an angle the backplate has to clear and thats the problem. I have a mac 21 so i've tried before to fit and i saw what i needed to do at the time i didn"t want to do that.

Mark,

Thanks,

Charley

just curious?

chris
Richard in the NINJA there is an aluminum block that hold the rear boom eventhough the carb is at an angle the backplate has to clear and thats the problem. I have a mac 21 so i've tried before to fit and i saw what i needed to do at the time i didn"t want to do that.
Leighton, thanks for the explanation. The NINJA is a great .21 hydro. Richard D

Fellas,

A lot of it has to do with my: test site,air quality,air density,and water conditions.

Mark Sholund

"Ron J,

We had your boat a few years ago in Flint,MI over 70 MPH through the traps with a 1450 cut at 45.75mm

remember? I guess not. Your two lap average was pretty fast also, if I remember correctly. The

CMB's are turning up quite a bit of RPM which is the KEY TO GOING FAST. Get a S.A.W. boat and come

join us again in Flint,MI or bring whatever you got,I am sure you will learn a lot more."

Mark,

I do remember my trip to flint quite well. Well enough to tell you, I enjoy heat racing in the warm summer months a whole lot better than TT in the spring and fall. Spending 14 plus hours at the lake watching ripples on the water and freezing your tail off, gathered around a propane burning heater doesn't do anything for me. Don't get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for anyone that spends that much time doing whatever turns their crank. And even more for the ones that are successful doing it. It's just not for me. Thanks for the invite...

Let me explain the reason for my original post. Every year I read posts here and on other sites with claims of boats that are running amazing speeds. "the best motor", "the ultimate pipe", that type of stuff. This is where my memory is real good because when summer comes, I'm the guy that looks for what people talked about all winter. Guess what? Usually it doesn't happen. I don't know if it's because of exagerated numbers, hopes and dreams, or just conditions. What I do know, is that the guy that can put it all together race after race, heat after heat, is the guy I'd rather be. Not for the plaque, because everyone knows I burn those in the winter for kindling. It's more for the enjoyment of competition with the least amount of frustration.

Everyone that knows me and has watched me race, knows that I'm not interested in winning a trophy. I'm much more interested in being competitive against the hardest guy in the class to beat. Kind of like a model boating stalker. I'd rather have two awsome heats in a weekend than win a piece of wood anytime. I don't always win, but it's not about winning for me. It's about constant improvement.

Truth is... I struggled with a .20 hydro for almost a year before getting it right. Whatever right is. I went to all kinds of races and ran in the high 60's to low 70's and won a load of races. Most times with the fastest .20 boat at the race. Sometimes the boat would scream into a two-stage situation, sometimes not. What I don't remember is seeing the 70-80mph .20 boats some people talked about all winter. You see, I'm not the guy that buys up the first engine, pipe or prop that anyone claims to be the best. I do my homework and buy what works. Something I've seen for myself first hand.

So... I invite you to bring your cool, go fast stuff to the lake. Trust me, if it works, it will sell itself.

Ron

Mark,

Ya i test alot.. probably more than you.. I will say this much.. I am no pro but.. bring your boat to a race and we will see how you do..

remember. you can run 80 by yourself but you won't race at 80 90 100 or what ever you want to call it.

PERIOD

thats all i got

chris

"Ron J,
We had your boat a few years ago in Flint,MI over 70 MPH through the traps with a 1450 cut at 45.75mm

remember? I guess not. Your two lap average was pretty fast also, if I remember correctly. The

CMB's are turning up quite a bit of RPM which is the KEY TO GOING FAST. Get a S.A.W. boat and come

join us again in Flint,MI or bring whatever you got,I am sure you will learn a lot more."

Mark,

I do remember my trip to flint quite well. Well enough to tell you, I enjoy heat racing in the warm summer months a whole lot better than TT in the spring and fall. Spending 14 plus hours at the lake watching ripples on the water and freezing your tail off, gathered around a propane burning heater doesn't do anything for me. Don't get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for anyone that spends that much time doing whatever turns their crank. And even more for the ones that are successful doing it. It's just not for me. Thanks for the invite...

Let me explain the reason for my original post. Every year I read posts here and on other sites with claims of boats that are running amazing speeds. "the best motor", "the ultimate pipe", that type of stuff. This is where my memory is real good because when summer comes, I'm the guy that looks for what people talked about all winter. Guess what? Usually it doesn't happen. I don't know if it's because of exagerated numbers, hopes and dreams, or just conditions. What I do know, is that the guy that can put it all together race after race, heat after heat, is the guy I'd rather be. Not for the plaque, because everyone knows I burn those in the winter for kindling. It's more for the enjoyment of competition with the least amount of frustration.

Everyone that knows me and has watched me race, knows that I'm not interested in winning a trophy. I'm much more interested in being competitive against the hardest guy in the class to beat. Kind of like a model boating stalker. I'd rather have two awsome heats in a weekend than win a piece of wood anytime. I don't always win, but it's not about winning for me. It's about constant improvement.

Truth is... I struggled with a .20 hydro for almost a year before getting it right. Whatever right is. I went to all kinds of races and ran in the high 60's to low 70's and won a load of races. Most times with the fastest .20 boat at the race. Sometimes the boat would scream into a two-stage situation, sometimes not. What I don't remember is seeing the 70-80mph .20 boats some people talked about all winter. You see, I'm not the guy that buys up the first engine, pipe or prop that anyone claims to be the best. I do my homework and buy what works. Something I've seen for myself first hand.

So... I invite you to bring your cool, go fast stuff to the lake. Trust me, if it works, it will sell itself.

Ron
AMEN TO THAT RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris

here ya go folks.

got the new pics of the 21 red head valvola uploaded under my profile name carlnoki

the timings are different to say the least.

looks good.

Don;

will give you a shout later on this afternoon evening time about the new 21 pipes from cooper.

carl

Back