motor options

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anders,

It is actually a front exhaust engine,remember the flywheel is the front of the motor. How is the weather

in Sweden? Can you still test any propellers? I was out testing December 30th and I hit 98 MPH with the

21 S.A.W. boat. I should be able to get out just a few more times before the ice comes. :lol: I understand

it is starting to get colder over in Sweden now also. :lol: Anders, I haven't tested the O.S. rear exhaust

motor,but I doubt very much if it will spin 36,000+ RPM in the water like my Valvola 21 will. :lol:

Happy New Year,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
It is actually a front exhaust engine,remember the flywheel is the front of the motor.
Nah that's from the airplane guys, they just don't know how to point a motor in the right direction! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with Anders on this one, land/water based stuff has the flywheel in back.... :p

Don,

You and Anders can call it anyway you want,but I like my carb in the front of my boat making

KILLER RPM & HORSEPOWER, this is how we go fast at Props-4-U. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Luck Testing,

Mark Sholund

Ha Ha, i just look in the direction my boat hopefullt is going to :lol: :lol:

No more testing, i`m in New Zeeland right now and here the wether is OK, 19 deg celsius and the sun is shining.

I will be here for 2 week to work.

Remember Mark, where is the point in a 21 engine were the mecanical drag costs more then the HP output you can have???

By the way, i was at the Burt Munro exibition today. That was some guy..........

Anders

Hi Anders,

So you are in the Southern Hemisphere again? It was good to finally meet and have a conversation with you when you visited Australia recently!

I believe the new OS has a lot of potential, but the carb requires modifications to work with high nitro fuel as the low end can't go rich enough. If you get off the throttle after being on pipe - it stays on pipe! One of the locals here is putting one in a FF21 shortly. Apparently the car version is a real performer.

Don mentioned the OPS super - those engines are screamers. There are a few of them in our club in mono's and they have no problem keeping up with the MAC / Valvola powered seaducers. It will be interesting to see how well they perform in the riggers against the MAC's and Nova's. I believe in the early days the broke cranks but that was resolved apparently...

Tim.

I've been running a Frank Orlic NR 21 for 3yrs next season will be the 4th season on this motor and i have never opened the motor once and it run's the same as the day i got it , the secret (lots of oil when your done running)
I also have seen the CMB 21 Valvola run hard and fast , that motor would be my second choice.

Here is a great testament. I would suggest that anyone considering a new .21 engine, buy the Nova Rossi, and have it worked by Franco Orlic or Rod Geraghty and it will last you a long time.

I personally like, and run, the rear rotor engines because it makes the pipe installation cleaner. The new CMB rear rotor engine is a fine piece also, and doesn't take much to make it perform super. Rod Geraghty or John Ackerman are your best bets here for initial setup.

It is well worth the small amount of $$$$ to set up the engine correctly to start with and then with routine maintenance (change the bearings twice a year if you run a LOT). IF you wait for the bearings to fail, usually it scores the front housing and will NEVER run close to as well.

Lots of great suggestions on this thread....

Marty Davis

It is well worth the small amount of $$$$ to set up the engine correctly to start with and then with routine maintenance (change the bearings twice a year if you run a LOT). IF you wait for the bearings to fail, usually it scores the front housing and will NEVER run close to as well.
Absolutely agree with what Marty says here. You go too long on bearing replacement & score the housing even a little it's done for & will NEVER run the same. A number of years back a good friend & one of the fastest 21 guys I've ever known, Kentley Porter, once told me on the Nova Rossi 21's to change the bearings after every gallon of fuel. Well even though a gallon thru a little 21 is a good bit of running I thought the bearings felt fine as I was 1/2 way thru my second gallon, figured I'd change them after I used up that gallon. Well 2 tank fulls later the big bearing (and yes it was the factory correct one) let go & trashed a real nice Orlic Nova Rossi not to mention cost me first overall at a points race. New bearings as part of regular maintenance is cheap insurance folks. ;)

The New Valvola is OUT !!

its 380 us .

can someone grab one and look at the liner?? , im pretty sure its got RS ports ,

i heard they have binned the T shaped transfers .in favor of their RS type liner .??? -_-

im kinda hoping they have used the shorter new front drum with the old case and liner , Can someone check ??

Dam shame if they have cause the green head valv is vicious if you use it right ,,

why did they bin the green head design ??? :wacko:

why ???

Jason

The New Valvola is OUT !!
its 380 us .

can someone grab one and look at the liner?? , im pretty sure its got RS ports ,

i heard they have binned the T shaped transfers .in favor of their RS type liner .??? -_-

im kinda hoping they have used the shorter new front drum with the old case and liner , Can someone check ??

Dam shame if they have cause the green head valv is vicious if you use it right ,,

why did they bin the green head design ??? :wacko:

why ???

Jason
Jason you better check that price. On Ian's site the new red head Valvola motor is 230 British Pounds which equates to about $450US. The sleeve has T shaped transfers & a shortened drum assembly. Click on this link & then CMB motors 06 in upper left- http://www.iansboats.co.uk/

The former Valvola was coming out of the same molds that made a certain well known blue head motor, the new motor is moving CMB away from that "situation" :rolleyes:

Looks like carb swapping will be a whole lot more difficult on that new Valvola. Hopefully it is the best carb possible so that there is no need to change it. Anyone happen to know what the carb bore is?

Looks like carb swapping will be a whole lot more difficult on that new Valvola. Hopefully it is the best carb possible so that there is no need to change it. Anyone happen to know what the carb bore is?
Tim, the carb bore size is .330 and there is a o ring grove machined in the carb body. The o ring seals the carb to the drum housing. Very nice set-up. Richard D

i HAVE SEEN TWO NEW VALVOLA'S RUN IN MONO'S,

THE ONE IN A SEADUCER STOCK OUT OF THE BOX ON 25%NITRO

WAS REAL FAST.

REGARDS AARON :rolleyes:

Dont pay too much !!! it just encourages them .

it is a great price and they wont last long at all ...

yay.

Jason

Folks;

once i get the FINAL production unit in my hands, hopefully by weeks end, i will take pictures of it and put them in the gallery. as for price it still hasn't been anounced as yet. so stay tuned.

carl

p.s. the ones that were relesed in europe a bit ago were actualy hybrid straight drive units. weren't all that good.

Folks;once i get the FINAL production unit in my hands, hopefully by weeks end, i will take pictures of it and put them in the gallery. as for price it still hasn't been anounced as yet. so stay tuned.

carl

p.s. the ones that were relesed in europe a bit ago were actualy hybrid straight drive units. weren't all that good.
Carl, can you please explain, what was wrong with the new Valvolas that were released in Europe? What would be a great idea is........... all three USA distributors of CMB engines could put their pocket change together, and create a web site for us here in the USA. Richard D

Richard,

I am not a distributor,but a CMB dealer,and I am working on a CMB page/pages to add to my web site:

www.props4u.com so everyone can get the latest information and pricing. As a dealer, I think this should

help the situation. "Education is the key if we all want to learn"! :lol:

Thanks For The Business,

Mark Sholund

Back