monster truck engine ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of putting my savage x monster truck big block engine in my miss vegas . will this work or is it a wast of time . it's a big block .28 if i could get it riged up it would fly . Has any tried this ?
just go with the .18 tz set up right its capable of 50 mph

also been seeing guys putting a.25 Go motors in there vegas..would like to see a .28 Go or STS marine motor...

i have an sts with NR p/s crank and cmdi carb, its a screamer!!!!!!! (thanks BB mods!!!) but its reserved for another project! however the first owner of the motor, with it all stock could only get the motor to get in the mid 30's not real impressive.

i have an sts with NR p/s crank and cmdi carb, its a screamer!!!!!!! (thanks BB mods!!!) but its reserved for another project! however the first owner of the motor, with it all stock could only get the motor to get in the mid 30's not real impressive.
still would like to try that HPI.36 thow.To see what it would do in a boat?? :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with MH i would like to see a .28 marine. im runing a go .18 rear exhust in my Miss Budweiser and she huals the mail with no problem. my freind rob has the go .21 in one of his vegas and she is so freaken fast its crazy.

There was a .28 marine RTR boat that was in the works but that's about all I can say about that.

It seems like Mike Nowicki has a .28 powered 'rigger that he set up for SAW.

Hi All,

Yes Mike Nowicki (sorry if name is spelt wrong) last i seen had a .28 NR in a SAW rigger. Now so everyone understands that is a "C" Hydro. If you put anything over a .21 in a vegas or sport 20 boat you have now effectivly created a very small sport 40, since there is no "C" size sport boats. Miss H. didnt you have alot of trouble keeping your proboat on the water with a CMB .21? Why would you want to go bigger.

On topic I would guess a monster truck engine would work, the timing would prob be off and the squish would have to be fixed also.

Paul

I will look and see what info I have on the RTR rules, dont wanna quote something unless I am sure.

p.s. I did see that "C" Hydro go over 100mph at record trials in Flint MI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy's

and Girls.

just to stay on track, lets make sure we compare apples to apples, Miss H was mentioning to try the .36 (F4.6) from HPI, now I don't know how many of you have actually seen and hold in their hands that F4.6 or the K5.7 Big block that HPI offers but let me tell you....

they are HUGE, really, they are big puppies.

would they fit in a Vegas?

pretty sure you could, but there won't be much of the cowl left. lol

Dan.

Ok Ok....If I ran a.36 it would be in the vegas! Yes Cheese that CMB was alittle to much on the Oberto.. But I'd made/done up a moded Oberto2 to try that motor in it...Maybe more like to try that 215.00..NOVA .21 in it..Sick of the pain in the butt tunning on those CMB's RS Redheads...Could try that 5.7 in my sport40 AC modelboat.. :D

If I were going to run a .28, it would have to be in a regular Sport 20 at least, preferably a Sport 40 hull.

I'd try one in a light hull like a Whiplash or Phil Thomas hull. I'm afraid that by the time that you get that AC repaired you'd have a lot of weight in Bondo or whatever you use. The AC could probably need all it could power-wise to get it running right.

I'm just worried that some .28's just don't have the right timing numbers for most boats. Something like Mike Nowicki's 'rigger is really light so it's easier to get up to speed.

My expensive experience in trying to use some car and truck engines is that some have good power bands and a lot don't for boat use. They may work great for their intended use but just don't have what it takes in boats.

You need adequate cooling for the heat sink head as it wouldn't be easy to find a water jacket for it. Mono hulls seem to work better as it's easier to hang the heat sink out in the breeze.

Back