monster truck engine ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

I was thinking of putting my savage x monster truck big block engine in my miss vegas . will this work or is it a wast of time . it's a big block .28 if i could get it riged up it would fly . Has any tried this ?

I was thinking of putting my savage x monster truck big block engine in my miss vegas . will this work or is it a wast of time . it's a big block .28 if i could get it riged up it would fly . Has any tried this ?

If you ever want to put it back in the savage you wouldnt be able too..

The stub on the end of the crank would have to be cut off for a collet to be threaded on.

The buggy head proly wont fit under the cowl either.

The head space would have to be corrected also.remember a buggy engine and a boat engine see different loads,,so you must take this into account..

In other words..lot of work and it would never go back in the savage without more work and new parts.

Alden

good to no . scrape that idea, i need the engine for the truck ,what is the biggest engine you can put in the vegas with little amount of work?

I'm sure that the engine is a nice one, but with so many options out there for marine motors it might even be more cost effective to stick with a marine engine ie; 5 port NR for $215 (i believe that's the price) As far as the biggest, I have seen many .21s in MV's, don't think you would want to go any bigger! A really well set up .21 in a MV flies!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that the engine is a nice one, but with so many options out there for marine motors it might even be more cost effective to stick with a marine engine ie; 5 port NR for $215 (i believe that's the price) As far as the biggest, I have seen many .21s in MV's, don't think you would want to go any bigger! A really well set up .21 in a MV flies!
what make of .21 would you suggest. the most bag for the buck.

I heard of a couple of guy putting a O.S.46 in there vegas..butt never saw the results thow...

A .46 would be too heavy for the boat and would never run at over half throttle without blowing over. What many don't know is that all boats have a hull speed, or red line. Once you go past the red line, the boat will become unstable and vertually uncontrollable. I'm sure Misshydro can attest to this with her .21 powered Pro Boats

A .46 would be too heavy for the boat and would never run at over half throttle without blowing over. What many don't know is that all boats have a hull speed, or red line. Once you go past the red line, the boat will become unstable and vertually uncontrollable. I'm sure Misshydro can attest to this with her .21 powered Pro Boats
ya,but its fun doing it.. It's like sticking a 426HEMI into a dodge dart or into a chevy vega...can you say hot rod????lol!!!!! HJ has a point.....party pooper!!!

Not me, just pointing out a little fact that many don't know about. This is why boats have gotten faster over time. Batteries, ESC's, radios and hulls have all gotten better, so when one gets better, the rest have to improve to keep up. Servo and receiver technology alone has lightenned up components while increasing performance, making boats lighter and helping increase speeds. This in turn makes hull manufacturers improve their designs to handle more speed, like the Vegas and Vegas duece.

On the car reference, 426+Vega/Dart+pushing accelerator=twisted frame and stuck doors ;)

Not me, just pointing out a little fact that many don't know about. This is why boats have gotten faster over time. Batteries, ESC's, radios and hulls have all gotten better, so when one gets better, the rest have to improve to keep up. Servo and receiver technology alone has lightenned up components while increasing performance, making boats lighter and helping increase speeds. This in turn makes hull manufacturers improve their designs to handle more speed, like the Vegas and Vegas duece.

On the car reference, 426+Vega/Dart+pushing accelerator=twisted frame and stuck doors ;)
thats why you weld in subframe conectors in for that purpose...

Actually, downsizing might be better than trying to shoehorn something huge in there. The Nova Rossi .12's in 3- or 5-port will smoke most .15-.18's and would be legal for the proposed Sport 12 class. You can also legally dump the heavy wing if you wish.

Actually, downsizing might be better than trying to shoehorn something huge in there. The Nova Rossi .12's in 3- or 5-port will smoke most .15-.18's and would be legal for the proposed Sport 12 class. You can also legally dump the heavy wing if you wish.
Nova Rossi also makes a nice pullstart .15.

Zach

why go for the .15 if the.12 will smoke it?? plus pull start?? no way! go belt start...no drag on the motor=more power+speed=faster boat.. its a no brainner....

why go for the .15 if the.12 will smoke it?? plus pull start?? no way! go belt start...no drag on the motor=more power+speed=faster boat.. its a no brainner....

I understand your thinking, I really do, but how much speed are you seeing different on these stock motors with out the pull start, on mine MAYBE 1-2 mph maybe. :) I think I would have to go with a TZ, or CVR-M if I were to stay .18, that NR .12 seems SWEET but not sure how that would work in a MV (bet it would be quick!) as for .21 NR also for price and speed.

We know what a moded O.S.18TZ would do in a proboat...LOL!!!!!!the Nova P5 .21 is a steal for the price of 215!! compared to the CMB.21's 400+..

You had better go and read the rulebooks before you tell someone that a pull start isn't needed. In some of the classes, the engine MUST be in stock configuration, meaning the pull start is required to race

Latest posts

Back