Mono Boats From CHINA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preston is that your CrapShooter? I'm looking for a 80/90 CrapShooter.

Brian
Looking at Chinese Monos to save some bucks but interested in a crapshooter? That's like shopping for a yugo while telling people you are considering a Lamborghini.

Caught me as humorous.... :lol:
I have a Delta Force 20 Mono and a Arrowshark 90 mono, the Delta force is a quality boat while the arrowshark looks as if it was built by an amateur. I personally like the design of the deck as compared to the seaducer. When it comes to the overall weight these boats are much lighter than seaducers but I would compare them to the boats I use to race such as Youngbloods. Just thought I would give everyone my opinion on these boat.

JJ Martin B)
Jay so far everyone is painting with a broad brush and have not dsitinguished between the two boats. It's unfortunate because the Delta Force is a nice boat regardless of the price. It's as much of a Lamborghini as any American built boat.

Brian
Looking at Chinese Monos to save some bucks but interested in a crapshooter? That's like shopping for a yugo while telling people you are considering a Lamborghini.

I have a Delta Force 20 Mono and a Arrowshark 90 mono, the Delta force is a quality boat while the arrowshark looks as if it was built by an amateur. I personally like the design of the deck as compared to the seaducer. When it comes to the overall weight these boats are much lighter than seaducers but I would compare them to the boats I use to race such as Youngbloods. Just thought I would give everyone my opinion on these boat.

JJ Martin B)
Jay so far everyone is painting with a broad brush and have not dsitinguished between the two boats. It's unfortunate because the Delta Force is a nice boat regardless of the price. It's as much of a Lamborghini as any American built boat.
If you decide to go with this boat I would suggest you go with the Delta force over the arrowshark, also keep in mind it might take a while to get to you due to the shipping. Mine came in within a week but I asked Nelson to give me what ever color he had in stock.

JJ

Brian

JJ Martin B)
If you decide to go with this boat I would suggest you go with the Delta force over the arrowshark, also keep in mind it might take a while to get to you due to the shipping. Mine came in within a week but I asked Nelson to give me what ever color he had in stock.

JJ
Forgot to mention that Nelson has a hobby shop in china so you can check out his web site at:

http://www.rcworldwide.com/index_v2.asp

Or his Ebay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/rcworldwide-com

I just looked through Niklas' pictures from the NAVIGA worlds. There sure are a bunch of those Delta Force hulls in the competition. Just an observation.

I just looked through Niklas' pictures from the NAVIGA worlds. There sure are a bunch of those Delta Force hulls in the competition. Just an observation.
Leading all 3 Nitro classes and 3 of the top 4 in 7.5. The 4th looks like a Cougar which is a similar design.

Yes indeed.

Im not an mono guy - I run outriggers but when being at the Worlds for 2 weeks and racing hydros only 3 of those days. We watched some off-shore and V-boat racing also for shure.

What I saw the Delta-Force boats handled nice, seemed to be way easier to drive then the seaducers that where there. The Seducers just leaned over and never seemed to turn or they turned "twitchy". The Delta-Force type of boats had a better flow in the corners with one radiouse so to speak. Reminder: Im not an off-shore mono expert and have never owned either an Delta-Force or US made mono - just my observation from the world champs.

There was one shop on-loctation that sold another "China" copy version of the Delta-Force. They even called it "Delta-Force" even though it was a copy with some small changes. But the quality on that was nothing that I would have invested in...

Dave Marles new 45 off-shore boat seemed maybee though to handle even better in my mind then the Delta-Force ones (that specific size/class).

/Niklas

Well, the NAVIGA worlds is finished.... Delta Force in first place in 3,5 second in 7,5 and first in 15... The Seaducer, or should I say Seaducker, is not good for offshore racing. SAW maybe, but in offshore NO!

I have tryed a lot of different hulls in offshore racing, but I think Delta Force is the best mono I`ve tryed so far.

Happy to hear talking about the Delta Force boats and

i told to the designer/manufacturer and he also pleasure

to got these great result on Naviga WC.

Here now available with new 45 size Delta Force and look

forward to try better SAW speed even thought with his excellet

cornering.

Partrick/New home of Delta Force monos

Wow... I started reading this tread b/c I was all fired up. I have wanted a 21 mono for some time and I was looking forward to the big savings of the “china” boat. So I did a little research.

Speedmaster $175 + ? ship

China Boat $128 + $33 ship

I am not sure how much shipping will be on the Speedmaster but what are we talking about saving here $40?

Not really a deal breaker in my eyes as a newbie that will probably end up spending close to $400 to set up a boat, minus motor.

I can’t comment on quality b/c I have never seen a mono up close. But judging by the coments it looks like it will come down to personal preference.

All I can say is look out guys, when I get mine I am reinforcing the sides and the bottom!!!

With my newbie driving skills no one will want to pass me :ph34r:

Well, the NAVIGA worlds is finished.... Delta Force in first place in 3,5 second in 7,5 and first in 15... The Seaducer, or should I say Seaducker, is not good for offshore racing. SAW maybe, but in offshore NO!

I have tryed a lot of different hulls in offshore racing, but I think Delta Force is the best mono I`ve tryed so far.
Hello Joern,

I do not fully agree with your statement. Yes, Delta Force hulls are very good for offshore racing. But the hull is only one part of the equation. As you know, hull and engine setups, and driver skills are also involved here. Having seen Rune's driving his DF hull in the 15 final was very impressive. But I have also seen DF hulls running poorly...

The same applies to the Seaducer. There were several 44" and one 47" (mine) Seaducers in O-15 in Norway. I did not reach the finals, but it was my fault. I still made two good heats : one with 28 laps, and the other one with 30 laps. As the DF hulls, Seaducers are fast, stable and corner on rails. I am not saying that Seaducers are the best hulls for offshore racing, but I believe they are as good as DF hulls.

Regards

Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can see, the Deltaforce boats are exact copies of the older Seaducer hulls. The probable reason the Seaducers didn't always look so good against the Deltaforce type boats at the world champs is that they mostly use direct drive engines. The Deltaforce users mostly had gear drive .21's in .45 size hulls and .45 geared engines in .67 size hulls. No contest when it comes down to stability and speed.

I built a completely new design .45 geared mono boat (Orion 7.5) for the World Champs with much less V all along the hull than the other boats there and with a broader hull in front of the engine plus it was a bit longer at 43 inches. It didnt need pushing down on the water to be stable and was fast and easy to drive. Moulded from carbon/kevlar/vacuum epoxy lay up, built strong and light using a CMB 45 RS engine running just over 29,000 rpm on a 1.5:1 ratio gearbox, 1/4 flexi, X457 tweaked. Fuel tank was as far back in the boat as possible so that during the 8 minute heats and 12 minute final, the ride attitude didnt change. Quiet too but even so I took the precaution of insulating the close fitting cowl with 3/8 thick neoprene foam.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Delta FARCE. I wouldnt own one if you gave it too me. Its not a money issue either, the bottom of that boat looks a little TOO much like another pretty popular mono out there :angry: I guess when something works as well as it does,the CHEAP knockoffs are never to far behind.

Back