Mods for Miss. Budweiser

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavejumper

I was just wondering if anyone out there has seen a Pro Boat Miss Budweiser, that has had a large number of modifications or just one that makes it go really fast?

I am kicking around a few ideas and would love any input.

Wave,

If it is the gas boat version try Jim's Boat Dock,they have done quite a few

posts on that subject.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

IF it's the little nitro boat,... you've got a lot of work to do,... Quickest way to get faster is by a .12 rigger hull. A friend and I worked on his missbud for weeks... new engine and everything,... It's just a dog..

Looks cool though..

I have one myself and after some teething pains I have it in the mid 50's. I moved the motor forward 1/4" to improve the CG. filled the front sponsons with expandable foam (boat does not have enough) and also helped with CG. Adjusted the strut as it's set up wrong. The front wing is angled wrong and with the stock position of the strut it sponson hops brutally if you get any speed over 25mph. I also changed the rudder.

after all that remove stock steering servo's there's 2 and use a good one. ( I use a 645) then change the

radio box seal. (they are so hard they don't move and rudder is slow because of this.). Now that you have this done the boat is a breeze to drive and very predictable.

The motor can be sent out to get modified or just do like I did.

1. new carb #247 better carb and bigger bore than stock.

2. new pipe (I use a MUC 15cc )

3. ultra thin gasket (got mine from ebay)

4. and last a mod 2 ring piston.

Was out today and she run's great. very happy now as I was not so when I first threw her in the water.

I was out today and I know with a little more mod's to the motor or just find the right prop she'll get into the 60's. am using a 1465 as the boat seemed to be the most consistant and handled the best.

The front wing is angled wrong and with the stock position of the strut it sponson hops brutally if you get any speed over 25mph.
NS,

Did you change the front wing angle? Can you explain how you made the change?

Thanks,

Kez

Hi Kez. I overcam the wrong angle by moving the CG forward to compensate for the extra lift of the front wing. You would have to remove it to get a the angle right and I did not want to go into that.

I have one myself and after some teething pains I have it in the mid 50's. I moved the motor forward 1/4" to improve the CG. filled the front sponsons with expandable foam (boat does not have enough) and also helped with CG. Adjusted the strut as it's set up wrong. The front wing is angled wrong and with the stock position of the strut it sponson hops brutally if you get any speed over 25mph. I also changed the rudder.

after all that remove stock steering servo's there's 2 and use a good one. ( I use a 645) then change the

radio box seal. (they are so hard they don't move and rudder is slow because of this.). Now that you have this done the boat is a breeze to drive and very predictable.

The motor can be sent out to get modified or just do like I did.

1. new carb #247 better carb and bigger bore than stock.

2. new pipe (I use a MUC 15cc )

3. ultra thin gasket (got mine from ebay)

4. and last a mod 2 ring piston.

Was out today and she run's great. very happy now as I was not so when I first threw her in the water.

I was out today and I know with a little more mod's to the motor or just find the right prop she'll get into the 60's. am using a 1465 as the boat seemed to be the most consistant and handled the best.
I dont believe mid 50 mph most 40 mph with stock engine.. Thats fact!

IF it's the little nitro boat,... you've got a lot of work to do,... Quickest way to get faster is by a .12 rigger hull. A friend and I worked on his missbud for weeks... new engine and everything,... It's just a dog..

Looks cool though..
Anthony, I beg to differ the little Bud Boats here in the Orlando Culvert Dogers Club are running very good! There are many things you can do to improve the out of the box performance. It just depends on what you want to spend. The best thing to do is if you have the original boat is go to flex shaft instead of hard shaft change all the original hardware with SpeedMaster mini rudder and strut, change the turn fin and of course some nice props to test with.

Ron

Looks cool though..
Anthony, I beg to differ the little Bud Boats here in the Orlando Culvert Dogers Club are running very good! There are many things you can do to improve the out of the box performance. It just depends on what you want to spend. The best thing to do is if you have the original boat is go to flex shaft instead of hard shaft change all the original hardware with SpeedMaster mini rudder and strut, change the turn fin and of course some nice props to test with.

Ron

I didn't mean it couldn't be done Ron but your right,.. it's expensive and a lot of work. . How fast are they going with them. We had to redo the radio box too. He finally just gave up and went to little riggers. I'd like to see that boat going fast. I think they look SUPER cool. I had a little Atlas Vanlines designed by Gary Findlay that I build from thin ply that was real fast. I'd guess upper 40's on smooth water. It was so light it destroyed itself. I'm going to start a new sport12 hydro design soon.

"I dont believe mid 50 mph most 40 mph with stock engine.. Thats fact"

Allan if you read the post it's not a stock G26. Bring out your new scale and we'll see who's the slower boat, Just try and stay in your lane. And the stock engine/hull combo would barely get 30mph.

Keith was also out and agreed the it would easily keep up to the scales runnning in our club.

Im with you Ron...We have the little boats running around here and they run great as is.. Do some prop testing and a turn fin change and go racing..

Grim

" I dont believe mid 50 mph most 40 mph with stock engine.. Thats fact!"

Hey Allan I was wondering where you got your 40mph figure from. and calling it a FACT. What did you use to measure the speed of your Miss Bud..........????????. Oh right you don't have one. so maybe stick to what you know and don't make assumptions. I have been on many forums about this hull and there is alot of them in the 50+mph mark.

:(

" I dont believe mid 50 mph most 40 mph with stock engine.. Thats fact!"

Hey Allan I was wondering where you got your 40mph figure from. and calling it a FACT. What did you use to measure the speed of your Miss Bud..........????????. Oh right you don't have one. so maybe stick to what you know and don't make assumptions. I have been on many forums about this hull and there is alot of them in the 50+mph mark.

:(
:lol: :p 20 mono speed against your boat so :ph34r: I will bring my radar gun next year and I will see proof speed answer ;) :p

Allan this post is for ideas and help with a Miss Bud boat. you have not seen this boat run in a while. Your comments are not helpfull or needed. If you ha a sugestion for improving the Miss Bud say it, otherwise keep your useless comments to yourself. No one needs you using up bandwidth and saying nothing.

Thanks

OK, before ya all git yer pantyhose in a knot, you don't know which version that he has yet, the 1/12 or 1/8 scale version. It looks like ProBarge made 2 versions of both.

OK, before ya all git yer pantyhose in a knot, you don't know which version that he has yet, the 1/12 or 1/8 scale version. It looks like ProBarge made 2 versions of both.
Panties not in a knot I wear a g-string LOL. I just get a little sick of peeps talking about things they know nothing about and do nothing to help out the thread. I have been working on the Gas 1/8 for three months. Allan saw it run in a stock set up. SO anything he has to say about this particular boat is worthless as he has never ran it or worked on it. Would rather have peeps with idea's and intelegent sugestions post as to help everyone including me with this hull/motor or the 1/12 Bud. Sorry sometimes certian peeps can get under your skin.

Come on guys,.. Everybody has a right to their opinion. Lets just try to state them at such,.. our opinions.

I don't want to be afraid to say what I think here,... Heck,.. This is the last place I can still do it without worrying about it too much..

That's exactly what I am saying. If you know something say it.

Quote"I dont believe mid 50 mph most 40 mph with stock engine.. Thats fact!."

So no factuall info never ran one etc etc. So only peeps with factual info or good advice need reply.

Don't need any na sayers bashing the efforts or opinoins of any ones ideas or boats with perceived factual info pulled out of thier *&ss.

This is the last I will post on this. If you would like more info and pic's on what I have done to my Miss Bud gas PM me.

Kevin

For the record,I went 57 mph with a stock 1/8 miss Bud at the Huntsville record trials last year. The only change I made was the pipe. I had to run a muffled pipe to meet the rules. The boat was disqualified for the rear sponsons anyway. I also have a 1/12 miss Bud that will run 40mph,but it has an OS 18 engine.

Latest posts

Back