Mod VP where it came from

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone, been off the site for a bit.

But I had to show ya the pic's of the boat that I had Mark build for me.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548726296LQAxmF

I asked Mark to paint this boat to look like a full size that I raced for a few years.

I could go off on how nice this boat is but thats what the pic's are for. I have only run it a couple times due to motor problems, but it was a hoot while it ran.

Thanks again Mark.

Thanks Mike,

Racing the boats in the series all this year has resulted in improvements already being applied. A flat step down pad added to the front of the left sponson has now eliminated the "Bornoulli dip and roll" in the turns. I was trying to flip the boat over last Sunday and could not do it. The plug for the 7.5 boat is 80% complete and will be finished when the best improvements from this design are tried and tested. Probably see the first 7.5 hull next summer. I still have my original 39" Mod-VP mold from years ago but it is just too big a boat for racing. Been selling them for $150 unpainted (transparent). Unlike some other transparent boats, mine have no pinholes in the finish.

John, by the time I get through with some of these changes the boat might just handle a hot motor. But we have already decided to run unpiped motors for 07 and that will be a good thing.

Nice to see you on again Tyke.

I need to mail you some pics and specs for the sponson improvement. Very simple mod. It will really help since you run your boat in rough water a lot. I need to send that to a couple other people too. :D

Great Mark,

Thanks for all of the info, much apprecaited, I will keep my eye open for the 7.5 version, I never really got into the 3.5 engines no real reason just never did, looking forward to your progress.

Thank you,

Mike H

Latest posts

Back