ML Boatworks T-4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne, Yes the wall thickness is .060. It is a little pricey I guess for a 12" length, but I did not want to deal with a seam in the tube. I think if this was in a full length turbine tube, like the Winston, it may be a on the heavy side. I took off almost .010 on my lathe to get the big scratches out. I realize there are better ways to make these, but for this boat and due to how much of the inside of the tube is visible, this is what I went with. Even with the rear wings on, it still balances about 1" behind the sponson transom.

Mike

With all the batteries and motor, etc. in, it balances right on the sponson heel. Overall, it is to me, a bit on the heavy side. Haven't got an actual weight at this point but there is a lot of wood in this beast.

Made some progress over the last few evenings. Wing / vertical mounted. Now to finish off the tiplets, build the cockpit and compartment lid. A little more finish work and will be time for wood seal and epoxy primer.

parts 449.jpg

parts 454.jpg

parts 456.jpg

parts 451.jpg

Looks great, wish you had put this in the sport and scale hydroplane section. I think a lot of people don't see it here. Mike

Could be right Mike, but it is a true FE hydro :) Got my new Castle 8s/240HV today, so will be able to complete the powerplant/radio install. Lots of sanding here and there yet and it will be ready for primer and color.

Mike

Back