ML Boatworks T-4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God Lord! You already have the T6 kit framed up! I see it in the background! Thats gonna be a nice fleet! Mike

Work sort of got in the way of building this week, started on the sponson bottoms and ride pads. More to follow later in the week.

parts 206.jpg

parts 204.jpg

parts 209.jpg

Finally made some progress on this over the past few weeks. Sponsons done (99%) , got the belly pan built, installed the motor and stuffing tube support, cut the cowl :wacko: and installed the magnet support/attachment. I used a pin/sleeve to position the front of the cowl with 2 - 5.5lb pull magents in the rear of the cowl. Will add 1 more magnet to the front ahead of the battery box. Trimmed the strut support a bit to clear the pipe deck. Now to sanding/filling/sanding.

Mike

parts 221.jpg

parts 231.jpg

parts 240.jpg

parts 241.jpg

parts 236.jpg

I am at a point where I need some guidance/advice. My past 1/8 scales have all used foam core sheeted verticals/horizontal stabs. This is my first go at molded halves, so I would like to see what others have done, or would do for reinforcement, strut mounting (1" sq 1/8" ply w/4-40 blind nut?), foam, and installing mounting nuts in the horizontal. I am using R/c Boat Company CF vertical mounts, so that is simple enough and have already decided on the actual struts and rod end mounts. Want to keep it simple and light.

And while the epoxy has been drying on the T-4, I have been moving ahead on the T-6.

Mike

parts 207.jpg

parts 212.jpg

I should have some updates this weekend. Work has really got into the way of building..........lol.... Busy time for the ER...............My vacation has been 'postponed by management' so Tri Cities/Seattle is out this year...... :angry: :angry:

Able to get some progress..finally..Getting closer. decks are on and got the verticals mounted. Time to start fitting/drilling the horizontal. :rolleyes:

Mike

parts 406.jpg

parts 435.jpg

parts 436.jpg

Vertical supports are mounted and should work well. While the photo shows stainless bolts through the upper support, I will switch to nylon for running.. Stainless for show.

Mike

parts 440.jpg

parts 439.jpg

That t4 is going to be extremely sexy when the paint hits it. You got yourself a nice build amigo. Is this FE?

That's a great looking turbine tube you have. Don't have any spares like that one laying around you don't need do you? :D I am enjoying following the build of this boat, you're doing an amazing job.

Go ahead and dump that fighercat controller. What once seemed quality has quickly proved otherwise. I have blown 3 of those exact controllers in your pic in the last 2 months..most after only 2 runs. I am going straight to castles from here on out. Done thinking others were better!

Not trying to be funny but who you going to dump it on if its no good :mellow: ? If fc wont take it back then what will you do with it? You need to establish the correct hookup sequence with the guys at FC and if it fails exercise your warranty.If a 4 pole motor gave it trouble then that multipole outrunner will only pose more of a threat to the esc. Id establish with FC that im running a higher pole outrunner and if they see it as an issue return it before ever using it and get a full refund if they will do it. I remember somewhere them saying it has to be programmed correctly for the motor youre running or it will fail. Check the program instructions carefully. Mark F seems to have done okay with the 16s 200 amp fc esc even on the littlescreamer outrunner. Maybe he can help you setting it up correctly.

I worked directly with Ben at FC when I got the 240, They did have problems, according to him, with outrunners on the early 200a versions. I won't try to sell them( I have 3- 16s200/ 8s300 / 8s240). I got the 300 from Don F, the other 2 directly from Ben. Live and learn. I truly do not believe the new 'management' at fightercat will honor and warranty/service any of the controllers Ben sold. I base this on the fact they have yet to respond to any emails I have sent.

@Wayne-I do have another turbine tube, but McMaster-Carr stocks them-.060 3" aluminum tube in 12" lengths. :) The raw tubing looks a little rough, but a few hours on the lathe and ALOT of cleaning and polishing got the results I wanted.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, really appreciate it!

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that risk was noted to the original purchasers so if someone buys one from you that risk passes on to them, it is what it is. I hope that the new management would warranty them coz thats just, its a fightercat product. If they wont that sucks, but if you ever get into trouble with one it may be repairable. Let me know if that ever happens dont just chunk it.They have a fairly straight foward topology and can be repaired if not too damaged.Luckily skorpion tells you where their motor likes to be timed at so set it manually and so forth and hopefully youll be okay. If you do ever decide to let them go I wouldnt be afraid to try one of the 16s models.Let me know.Id also ask which firmware seems to be the most stable with an outrunner,if there is one and reflash it.

Hugh

Last edited:
I worked directly with Ben at FC when I got the 240, They did have problems, according to him, with outrunners on the early 200a versions. I won't try to sell them( I have 3- 16s200/ 8s300 / 8s240). I got the 300 from Don F, the other 2 directly from Ben. Live and learn. I truly do not believe the new 'management' at fightercat will honor and warranty/service any of the controllers Ben sold. I base this on the fact they have yet to respond to any emails I have sent.

@Wayne-I do have another turbine tube, but McMaster-Carr stocks them-.060 3" aluminum tube in 12" lengths. :) The raw tubing looks a little rough, but a few hours on the lathe and ALOT of cleaning and polishing got the results I wanted.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, really appreciate it!

Michael
is the .060 the tube thickness?

Back