ML Boatworks T-4

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to consider this little exercise a success. At least until I start trimming for the pipe.lol. Start fitting the cowl tomorrow.

MIke

parts 104.jpg

parts 105.jpg

parts 106.jpg

parts 107.jpg

This is, without a doubt, the smallest 'deck' I have ever installed. I am cringing at the thought now of cutting into that beautiful cowl.

parts 108.jpg

parts 109.jpg

This was one the most challenging cowls I have ever fit. I am glad I had not installed the leading edges to the front wings. I had planned to have the entire cowl lift off to access the batteries, but I don't know that will be possible now. Still have to plan for a driver and windshield too. :wacko: And that is aluminum tubing, 3" .060 wall thickness. Enough for today, I'm beat lol.

Mike

parts 115.jpg

parts 113.jpg

parts 120.jpg

While I am pondering the cowl finishing and attachment, I went ahead to see what i could do with the pipe. It's going to take a lot of cleanup/polishing, but the end result will be worth it. Lightweight and seamless.

parts 126.jpg

parts 128.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot to show for the past few days work. Got my batteries, Hyperion 5000mah 4s packs x2 which has brought about more than a few head scratching moments.(how am I going to put ALL this in here?)

Did work on the pipe deck, and fit the pipe . Spent some phone time with Steve / RC Boat Company (THANKS STEVE!) and we discussed different methods of finishing off the cowl, installing the cockpit/windshield. Great guy. I'm not 'quite' so confused now :)

Mike

parts 146.jpg

parts 149.jpg

parts 153.jpg

parts 154.jpg

parts 155.jpg

NICE! SUPER NICE! howd you shape that rear deck to accept turbine exhaust? Is that foam?23.gif

Last edited:
Yep, just pink insulation foam. Went to the local building supply and bought some tails/broken sheet parts. Have enough to do 10 boats. :D Epoxies nice, is waterproof and sands like butter. Extra benefit is the pipe deck 'should' float now if I blow it off.

Nothing to show lately. This is a tight tub, so just trying to lay out the electronics is a challenge (for me anyway).

Mike

as far as issues? make sure to check your cg as you think about layout .

I'll get some photos up to show about how much space I have, and what is intended to fit. :huh: I haven't installed the sponsons yet as it has been much easier to work on the center tub without them in the way. I still have to build the verticals and wing, but so far, it's still pretty nose heavy with those 2 4s packs up front.

Mike

.......but so far, it's still pretty nose heavy with those 2 4s packs up front.
That will go away quickly once you hang your sponsons, cowl and tail feathers on it. Trust me once you have it looking like the real thing you'll be thankful for the battery weight up front. I have a pair of 5S 5000mah packs shoved as far forward as I could get them in my FE scale build. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I have for electrics. Those 8ga. motor wires do not move much at all. Batteries are as far forward as possible, and the temp. rear box wall is back to just allow for the cowl mount. My skewed thinking has me almost :rolleyes: believing the mass of the sponsons forward of the wings will somewhat offset the verticals and rear wing..........somewhat......

Any input would be appreciated. If I were setting this up for nitro, it would be primed already, but FE with 1/8 scale is a new animal to me.

Mike

parts 181.jpg

Before you permantly mount anything, make sure ALL the hull is complete, including strut and rudder.

Nothing worse than having to rip everything out and start over because the assumptions did not work out.

Been there done that TWICE! I am a slow learner.

Latest posts

Back