ML Boatworks GSX480 Gas Sport Hydroplane prototype build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

I talked to Teddy today. He thinks he doesn't have the air intakes open enough on the cowl. He says the boat run four laps and then quits in the same spot. They changed radio receivers , battery packs, fuel tank to IV bag same thing four laps and quits same spot. When they brought the boat in , fires right up. Next plan it to test the boat without the cowl and see what happens.

It's not a hull problem.

I see your secret project is out of the bag!!!

Bert

Yeah, I suspect he will need a lot of open area to pull cool air in. I am not a gas expert so that is just an opinion! haha.

Yeah, you know me man, I can only keep cool stuff quiet for so long. I enjoy sharing the development of stuff. I have been working with Gilbert for a while now. I suspect he will be emailing me to get put on a waiting list for the kit!

Nice Mike!! I like the incorporated motor rails...what width are they going to be? Hopefully you can go with a width of one of the standard mounts South River RC offers!!

Also, I like the shape of the cowl that the gas version has...jmo

-Kent

Thanks Kent, They are 5" rails on both versions. I talked to Bert a while back and he insisted on 5" nitro rails as I originally was going to do 4". I have a feeling the cowling will end up similar to the gas sport
default_smile.png

Just got this pick from one of my customers. Sure turned out nice! This is the second completed hull to my knowledge, but a lot of other ones are out there being built!

Mike

DSCN3073_zps4364a7d2.jpg
mike,

file:///Users/keithlakey/Desktop/DSCN3077.JPG
great looking boat, thank you for posting photo.

file:///Users/keithlakey/Desktop/DSCN3078.JPGfile:///Users/keithlakey/Desktop/DSCN3081.JPG
do you have any more pics showing cowl - hatch detail and inside layout ?

file:///Users/keithlakey/Desktop/DSCN3076.JPG
dave w.

Mike,

Thanks I am doing fine.

This new one looks good. Put me in the wait list and let me know as soon as it is ready.

Will do Paul. Hope all is well. Did you guys ever put up the rocket that will come back down to earth and land on the launch pad? I have not seen any new videos lately!

Yes sort of... Our last launch after we deployed the satalite we wanted to test it over water to be sure...all the sensors tell us the legs deployed and we hit 0 mph right at the surface of the water. SO we're pretty sure we can land on land..Looks like one more test during the 6/15 launch...then we'll see what the next step is

I have some questions on fitting the cowl on my 8701... I'd like to call later in the week see if you can help please..and I should have some new news about our tunnel hull project

Paul, That is great news. You guys are doing some really cool stuff at Space X. I wish I had that opportunity! Now if the cost would come down where an average guy could visit space!!! Yeah, call me later in the week or over the weekend. I will be around.

Thanks Kris, I am heading over to the O/B section to see if you posted pics of the tunnel stands yet!!

A little more progress on the design side of things for the 38" sport 40 GSX380 kit. Got the sponson basic design figured out. Here is where I am so far. This kit will be offered in a dedicated FE and Nitro format. This is the FE kit pictured. As you can see, the dowel rod setup is going to make this boat very strong, and make the sponson bonding to the center section very square. Mike

gsx380sponsons-page-001_zps41723f7b.jpg

gsx380sponsons1-page-001_zps7bdeb4e5.jpg

gsx380sponsons2-page-001_zps2c04310b.jpg

gsx380sponsons3-page-001_zpsce84eb16.jpg

gsx380sponsons4-page-001_zpsb3a121ab.jpg

Back