ML Boatworks GP Sport Hydro lineup is getting a facelift...New cowlings!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, its called REN board. Its something i found out is designed for plug and mold making. Apparently its used a lot in big industries for part prototyping. I was told it was the way to go. I plan on pulling a master plug just so i know i have a backup, but the stuff is pretty tough! I hope to have some cowling show and tell soon! What i would love to see are some gas scale hydro cowling made.this way in the future :)

I started the Seasoning process. Got the 2 coats of Shellac on them to seal up the tiny pores the REN board has, and got 2 of the 10 total mold release coats on. Once the mold release coats are done, I will start working on the layups. Maybe by the weekend I will have some parts to share.

2012-10-10_06-56-16_416_zps9e31ab81.jpg

2012-10-10_06-56-31_351_zps97ca038b.jpg

Got a little further than I thought I would tonight. Got the GP265 mold fully waxed, and a cowl pulled. Got the GP310/335 mold fully waxed, will try a part tomorrow. Gp400 cowl mold needs about 5 more coats. Enjoy the gp265 cowl! Mike

2012-10-11_20-14-30_891_zps9d13d4a2.jpg

2012-10-11_20-14-16_292_zps654fb7cc.jpg

2012-10-11_20-13-57_851_zps46155be1.jpg

Mike,

Cowl looks Great!!! I need a set the ML Graphics you have on the sponsons for the GP-400 hull.

Keep up the great work guys ( Anthony included).

Bert Dygert

As it sits, it looks a little tall.. but I bet when the windshield graphics are on and it's painted, it's going to look fantastic. We made it tall on purpose.. you can easily fit a .12 or even a .21 in there. I bet that would be a blast with a .21!!! My 310 is almost done and the cowl will be just in time. The weather is turning cooler and my building bug is in full swing.. I have always wanted a sport40,.. and with Mikes help I will be able to build one!!

I was just looking at the boat in process. I have said this before,.. but I am still impresses with Mikes kit design.. It builds easier than my own rigger designs,.. and that says alot cause I designed them!!!! I am really looking forward to seeing these GP boats in some competition next year.. its different design than most sport boats.They are not designed to hold air under and float on it, instead to vent the air and run more like a rigger,.. the 310 will be a fast sp21 for sure,.. I bet the 335 will handle race water real well in a 21 set up.. it's pretty big for a .21 though..

Took the day off,.. gave a big presentation at work yesterday,.. and my mother in law will be leaving for heaven in few hours.. toy boats are helping me keep from dwelling on it.. and this site,.. thanks to Tom and all the great members..

I have decided on the 335 kit to build this winter,After talking to Mike i thinck it will handle the rough water well in a race and when my 5 port is done it should be pretty hot,i hope.Its just a little longer than my curent 21 boat but should be a bit lighter.Not always is it the fastest boat on the water that wins the race but the one that finishes. :D ,Only time will tell.All i need is is for hardwere is the virgina crafts man turn fin .Speedmaster engine mounts ruder and strut,will be here today.

Yeah, I wanted the GP265 to look like the modern 2.5L limited hydros running these days. It makes the 265 look more scale to the full size as the drivers are about as large as the boats!

265small.JPG

Outstanding!!!. . .Glad I decided on the gp335, Mike. Funds sent through Paypal this morning. Really looking forward to starting the build.

Another one, as u can see its been busy in the shop. Cut about 220 basswood sticks today too.

2012-10-13_16-48-57_876.jpg

Back