Miss Vegas Hop ups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha thanks for that i just messed my prop up i sharpend the wrong part of the prop... opps

thanks i got my own little balancer now.. and i think i inhaled to much prop dust.... lol.. ill take the boat out tomarrow.. will it plan up better with this prop?

practice makes perfect tim,,, just keep at the sharpening and you'll get the hang of it... if you need any help just ask...

as for stepping up faster,,, you will just have to see,,, some props have a tendency to launch hard and some jump right up on step... just give it a good foward toss and you should be fine... :D

i hope so. Going to the lake today :) i also lowerd the prop down into the water more. i Sharpend my turn fin and sturt. do i want to sharpen the rudder too??

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope so. Going to the lake today :) i also lowerd the prop down into the water more. i Sharpend my turn fin and sturt. do i want to sharpen the rudder too??

only if you feel you would like to... always hear, the sharper the better.... careful with lowering the strut ecspecialy after putting a larger prop on it.. might load it up to much... might find you needed to go the other way,, but you will never know till you try...

Boat Ran Great Today. the new prop really helped. it plan up outa the water. thanks guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Great New's from the lake today ( kinda) Boat Ran Great. It Pland up Very Quick. im not sure if it was the strut change or the prop but it was even up on plan at idel to it was nice. Next the Recver pack went dead and stuck the Thotal at idel. Ugl Time to go swiming. Thank god it was still turning right and just doing laps at idel.. so i swim out and get it. Forgot that i had my Cell phone in my pocket when i jumped in after it. needless to say if any one has a At&t Phone for sale let me know. i got to reset the raido fail safe to shut down the motor when this happens. also going to look into a rechargeble recver pack.. But i was Very happy with the way the boat ran.. No time to go phone shoping...
What radio? How many runs on the rec pack before it died? AA pack I assume?

Might want to get some sort of retrieve device. (boat-fishing reel/tennis ball-elect.boat-etc.)

You should never swim for a boat!

More people are hurt or die from this than you could believe. Please be safe and have fun!

What was i going to do just let it sit out there and idel the hole tank out it coulda takin hr's its my falt i did not have the fail safe set right. ill rebind it and try again. how is a retrive boat witch i have going to stop a boat from doing laps? i just did not want the $400 invest to go down stream if you catch my drift.

What was i going to do just let it sit out there and idel the hole tank out it coulda takin hr's its my falt i did not have the fail safe set right. ill rebind it and try again. how is a retrive boat witch i have going to stop a boat from doing laps? i just did not want the $400 invest to go down stream if you catch my drift.

Say what you want....$400.00 is not worth dying over.

Sorry, but I disagree with your method, especially swimming after a running boat!!

The fuel tank is not that big..could've taken hours???......C-mon man....

A retrieve boat would have atleast kept you out of the water and somewhat protected. Although I don't suggest being in a retrieve boat while an out of control R/C is on the water.

It's your life, Do what you want. I was just pointing out that what you did was very dangerous, and most times I read about it the results are tragic.

Sorry if I offended/p#ss#d you off....educate yourself on R/C boating safety.

If you're going to post such unsafe practices on this public forum, expect someone to TRY and help educate you.

I'm done, glad you and your boat are O.K. this time.

Tim, not trying to jump down yer throat...glad you got it runnin better...but i gotta back Dan 100%...swimming after a dead boat is a HUGH no no in our hobby...we have lost a number of model boaters who have made that fatal decision! If the boat cost you 4 thousand dollars its still not worth the only life you have on this earth...and we lose a potentially COOL model boater in the process! Stay with us crazies in this awesome hobby...PLEASE dont swim after a dead boat!

agreed,,, last season there was a life lost and was posted on here and was all over the news.... guy went swimmin for a sinkin r/c boat,, and didnt come back... well he did, but not in the state you would like to see.... :( :( :(

tim also last year i had a gas cat go nuts on me at full throttle,,, was doing like 35 mph in a constant 8 ft circle.... panic sets in for sure... i ended it all with a quick run over in my 12 aluminum boat,,,, balled the thing all up.... felt like a idiot..... well when i was tellin the story to some guys at the local races they laughed at me and said "use your shirt",,, i was so confused.... well they let me soak on it for a minute and finally said "you throw the dang thing in the water in the path the hull is traveling,, it binds the prop up and bam everything stops"...so simple... felt like an even bigger idiot when i didnt think of that.... this is just a tip i'd like to share with you...

had a failsafe but it didnt do anything when the batt. pack dropped a AA.....

well glad to hear the hull ran sweeter than before... keep pokin at it, you'll only get faster...

Alden

Thanks Guys now i do Fell Like a Huge Idiot.. Instink just set it and i did not think. The Shirt idea is a great idea! Sad thing is if i knew that idea before it happend well i would have a holy shirt. becase it was in distance to throw a shirt in at it. Sorry guys. i fell like a Real Looser on this Fourm now. i felt like a idiot at the time it happend had the hole Beach watching me run the thing. Sorry.. I think i might park it for awile tell i really let this sink in. im for sure not going to take it back to the lake with out running a 6v rechargeable pack that i know is fully charged before the run. thanks for all the help guys. this hobby is such fun. but i gess this is time to step back...

Peace out

Tim

tim its all cool man,,, we are like one big fam. and try to look out for one another.... dont feel like a idiot just feel informed... i personally have no issues with a 4.8 system been runnin that way for years... even run 4.8 on my futaba fasst system and they recommend 6 volt... moral of the story is just be sure they are charged or new before you leave for the day...

i run rechargable t-energy 2600 mah AA cells and they will run all day plus some on a charge...

Thanks Guys now i do Fell Like a Huge Idiot.. Instink just set it and i did not think. The Shirt idea is a great idea! Sad thing is if i knew that idea before it happend well i would have a holy shirt. becase it was in distance to throw a shirt in at it. Sorry guys. i fell like a Real Looser on this Fourm now. i felt like a idiot at the time it happend had the hole Beach watching me run the thing. Sorry.. I think i might park it for awile tell i really let this sink in. im for sure not going to take it back to the lake with out running a 6v rechargeable pack that i know is fully charged before the run. thanks for all the help guys. this hobby is such fun. but i gess this is time to step back...
Peace out

Tim
No need to freak out man!! We're only hard on ya cause we care!!

Get a fishing reel and attach a tennis ball for starters. Atleast that way you can entertain all the "watchers" with your throwing arm and reeling expertise!

This is a very tough subject for newcomers...you are not the first!

Get a good rec. pack and get your butt back to the water with your boat!!

Model boating can sometimes be a very humbling experience.

Have Fun, Be safe

thanks guys. I am for sure going to get a Recver pack. i reset the fail safe on my raido. the retrive setup i have is a boat with a fishing poll. i need to upgrade it to some 30lb test spiderwire. so it wont brake. i coulda used that to drive out there and snag the boat. realing the other boat backwods woulda prob stalled the motor too. i was upset becase the boat ran so Great. im dieing to get it back out on the water but i gota make sure its 100% ready this time before i go back out. Thank you guys for the imput... Can some one link me to how the Tennis ball idea works? so maby i can use that as a backup..

thanks guys. I am for sure going to get a Recver pack. i reset the fail safe on my raido. the retrive setup i have is a boat with a fishing poll. i need to upgrade it to some 30lb test spiderwire. so it wont brake. i coulda used that to drive out there and snag the boat. realing the other boat backwods woulda prob stalled the motor too. i was upset becase the boat ran so Great. im dieing to get it back out on the water but i gota make sure its 100% ready this time before i go back out. Thank you guys for the imput... Can some one link me to how the Tennis ball idea works? so maby i can use that as a backup..
Elect. boat out and reel it back with your fishing reel is best.

back-up:

Tennis ball is attached to fishing line(tied/taped to end of line) and back up reel, and then release the reel and throw the ball over the boat...try and catch something with the ball/line and reel it back in.

After you get all that together your boat will come back on it's own all the time! never fails...... :D

Have fun!!

Well Great New's from the lake today ( kinda) Boat Ran Great. It Pland up Very Quick. im not sure if it was the strut change or the prop but it was even up on plan at idel to it was nice. Next the Recver pack went dead and stuck the Thotal at idel. Ugl Time to go swiming. Thank god it was still turning right and just doing laps at idel.. so i swim out and get it. Forgot that i had my Cell phone in my pocket when i jumped in after it. needless to say if any one has a At&t Phone for sale let me know. i got to reset the raido fail safe to shut down the motor when this happens. also going to look into a rechargeble recver pack.. But i was Very happy with the way the boat ran.. No time to go phone shoping...
PLEASE NEVER SWIM FOR A DEAD

EVER!!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys had some time to let this sink in. and Totoaly Understand that it was the wrong thing to do. i shoulda just let it run outa gas. or used my shirt. I did Reset the Fail Safe yesterday And im going to Ditch the 4 AA plastic thing and put in a pack. Less to go wrong and no cells to fall out. I want to Thank you guys. The Boat is Running Very Well i wish i knew what made it so much better. i changed some many things at once. Prop,Turn Fin,Strut hight.. Also do you guys take your Flex shafts out after a day of running and re lube them? I am a huge Fan of the Grim Racer Speed Lube. Remids me fo Lucas oil Red and Tacky. Good Stuff.

Also do you guys take your Flex shafts out after a day of running and re lube them? I am a huge Fan of the Grim Racer Speed Lube. Remids me fo Lucas oil Red and Tacky. Good Stuff.
Lube after about every 5 or 6 runs.

Sean

Back