Miss Vegas Hop ups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimBarth

Im Looking for the Basic Miss Vegas hop ups.

I know these are prob listed some where.

But im looking at tower

Turn Fin.

What Prop?

and any thing Els?

Isnt that the same Collet that the boat comes with (not sure what the difference is between the SV27 collet and the MV collet)?? Is your original collet brass colored, or black?? Either way, I would upgrade to the Octura collet...but its not a performance upgrade...mainly just preventative maintenance so you don't have problem with either of the original collets. The brass one wears out fast, and then you start losing flexshafts. The black one over corrected for the brass one, and holds the flex shaft too tight...making it hard to get out to lubricate. The threads on the engine are 5mm. If you have the brass collet, then your shaft is 130, if you have the black collet, then your shaft is 150. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/ carries both, just make sure you get the threaded version of the collet.

I have not heard of anyone changing to the new motor mount yet...but it has not been out very long. I think the main benefit there will be a reduction in noise transfered from the engine to the hull. Let us know how the upgrade works out...

Turn fin...Grim fins works well with the stock boat.

Flywheel...the main problem with the OEM flywheel is the brass collet below it (between it and the engine). This piece wears out, allowing a wobble to the shaft. When I first went to the SV27 flywheel, I found that things were vibrating loose on my boat (engine mount screws, strut screws, etc). I put it on a balancer and found that it was out of balance. The one I had only had a hole drilled in one side...making that side lighter than the other. I drilled the hole all the way through and no longer have the problem I had when I first installed it. Odd that we balance our props with a magnetic balancer...but that little piece of aluminum was out of balance.

Prop...http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/ carries the Y535...which is what I have got my best speeds with while using the stock hull. It will come unbalanced and unsharpened. They sell some props sharpened and balanced...but it would be cheaper if you know someone that can do this for you.

When ordering from OSE...order some receiver baloons too. They carry a yellow heavy rubber receiver baloon that I have had good luck with.

If you want a performance upgrade...the prop will help, but a tuned pipe would be the next thing to look at buying. You would pick up a couple MPH with the right pipe.

Just my 2 cents...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys glad to see im on the right track. i figgerd the motor mount would be better from the new Miss Vegas. so i added it to the list. its sad my boat has not even shiped yet and im all ready ordering hop ups for it lol...

Tim,

which Miss Vegas are you getting?

is it the Vegas Deuce?

if it is the Vegas Deuce, you don't need to order the shaft coupler, it comes with that one already.

same for the engine mount.

turn fin is a good choice,

prop, Y535 or the 36x55 metal (on towers).

if its for the Vegas just prior to the new Deuce version, than they are all good choice including the props mentioned, except I would use this flywheel:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXMAJ2&P=7

Dan.

here is every thing i orderd tell me if i missed any thing?

O.S. Flywheel #1E 18CV-RM/18CV-RMX 1 $21.49

AquaCraft GrimRacer Speed Grease Drive Cable Lube 1 $2.99

AquaCraft GrimRacer Hull Rubber Drain Plug 1 $1.29

AquaCraft GrimRacer 36x55 Metal Prop 1 $21.99

AquaCraft Engine Cable Coupler SuperVee 27 Nitro 1 $12.99

AquaCraft .150 Flex Cable w/Drive Dog Miss Vegas 1 $9.99

AquaCraft ISO Engine Mount Miss Vegas Deuce 1 7.99

AquaCraft GrimRacer 15/18 Hydro Turn Fin Blue 1 17.99

Wifes Going to kill me! lol

The blue OS flywheel has a larger diameter than the stock one. This can cause it to rub on the hull with some of the boats (they are all a little different) and would make it pretty much impossible to use a belt, if you ever chose to go to belt starting, without some modifications. But yes...it is a nice flywheel...just might not be the best choice for a MV.

As to a drain plug...most folks I know run without one, and some even drill more holes in the transom.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue OS flywheel has a larger diameter than the stock one. This can cause it to rub on the hull with some of the boats (they are all a little different) and would make it pretty much impossible to use a belt, if you ever chose to go to belt starting, without some modifications. But yes...it is a nice flywheel...just might not be the best choice for a MV.
As to a drain plug...most folks I know run without one, and some even drill more holes in the transom.

Sean

rember im chaning the motor mount to the new style. it should give me a little more hight. if not i can shim it up. a bit.

If you shim it up, you need to make sure your Collet still lines up properly with the stuffing tube. If not, you are going to wear out some flex shafts...or worse.

Sean

Tim,

you should be able to make a dip in the fiberglass just enough for the belt to slide in and out.

I did, and so did one of my friend.

Dan.

Tim,you should be able to make a dip in the fiberglass just enough for the belt to slide in and out.

Dan.

Can you post pics on what your talking about?
You can actually cut a hole thru the bottom of the boat below the flywheel, then lay glass on the bottom.....BAM you have cleareance for your flywheel without changing anything on the top! If your picky like me, just smooth out the glass you laid, tape it off and shoot a little paint on it to touch it up....most people dont even bother.....

Tim,you should be able to make a dip in the fiberglass just enough for the belt to slide in and out.

Dan.

Can you post pics on what your talking about?
You can actually cut a hole thru the bottom of the boat below the flywheel, then lay glass on the bottom.....BAM you have cleareance for your flywheel without changing anything on the top! If your picky like me, just smooth out the glass you laid, tape it off and shoot a little paint on it to touch it up....most people dont even bother.....

I Really Dont Plan on using a belt starter if i use any kinda of starter it will be a Tiger drive system.

clean up any "ugly" areas, areas where left over material might have not been removed, balance and sharpen.

Ok Guys my Miss Vegas came today. after switching the raido gear out i was ready to head to the like and all i can say is im in love... im stell working on brake in but boy is it fun. only issue im having is geting it up to plane. some times it wont. some times it will i ran prob 40 good laps and then it was down in the water again screaming for help. what can i do to help this. Also Some info on how to Sharpen a prob would be good. or any one from indiana willing to do it for me??

Thanks. Sorry no pics. hope to get back out tomarrow :) Thanks again guys!!!

Ok Guys my Miss Vegas came today. after switching the raido gear out i was ready to head to the like and all i can say is im in love... im stell working on brake in but boy is it fun. only issue im having is geting it up to plane. some times it wont. some times it will i ran prob 40 good laps and then it was down in the water again screaming for help. what can i do to help this. Also Some info on how to Sharpen a prob would be good. or any one from indiana willing to do it for me??
Thanks. Sorry no pics. hope to get back out tomarrow :) Thanks again guys!!!
You might want want drop the strut a bit to see if that helps with getting on step.

JD

Latest posts

Back