Miss Vegas Hop ups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok jerry ill try that. here are some pics of it out of the water. need to find some good decales.

SDC10084.JPG

Just got my parts today and all ready got the Grimracer turn fin on. :) Working on puting the os flywheel and the Supervee Collot on. i notice a big differnce in waight between the stock miss vegas collot and the super vee27 collot then its upgrading the motor mount to the new Duse motor mount looks like a direct bolt in.

I want to thank Grim Racer for making a kick ass turn fin i cant wait for the rain to stop to get this mean boat out in the lake again!!!

here are a few pics

Every thing was a Bolt up no issues... The Issue with the os flywheel went away when i instelled the new Duse Motor mounts shimed it up just anof to clear. and still should be able to get a belt in or out if i have to..

SDC10085.JPG

SDC10086.JPG

SDC10087.JPG

i think in time you will find yourself looking for a better collet... i prefer the octura... also be sure (with the raising of the engine) that the shaft isnt pressed hard against the top of the stuffing tube,,, will just add friction... you should be able to see if its out of line,,, push the shaft in so its just in front of the collet... the shaft should line up perfect with the hole in the collet... if you have to tweak it a little to slide it in the collet then thats no good.... if you have to,, you can move the stuffing tube up slightly to match the raised hieght of the engine...

alden

I check the Shaft it matched right up to the Collet. I was told to use the super vee 27 collet ? so i should look up a diffent collet?

I check the Shaft it matched right up to the Collet. I was told to use the super vee 27 collet ? so i should look up a diffent collet?

the sv collet and the vegas collet may look and weigh different,, but still the same design.... the octura collets are much better,,and the same size as the sv collet... #ocfh5mm15 B)

alden

What Would i use to make a water Coolded Header i see the Duse has some thing like that installed..

Thanks

What Would i use to make a water Coolded Header i see the Duse has some thing like that installed..
Thanks

you can get a header cooler for a sv-27,,, they come stock with them... its just aluminum tubing coiled around the header....

alden

sorry i dont have any pics,,, not much to see to be honest... the only thing you are gonna be able to see in a pic is the crank case mod... and i dont have any modded engines apart right now so all i could show you is the areas to clean in a new case i have here... if im feelin froggy ill make some cuts on this new case and take some pics... oh ya,,might be able to see the mod on the barrel of the carb.. ill see what i can do,,but could be a few days..

for sure can see a modded button,, but seeing it really tells you nothing without the info on the cuts that go along with it..

alden

i sent you PM on another note. i do not have a prop balancer so i suffed it up and sharpend it. but looking for some one to balance it. let me know if any one can help me do this or if there is a way to make my own little blancer..

i sent you PM on another note. i do not have a prop balancer so i suffed it up and sharpend it. but looking for some one to balance it. let me know if any one can help me do this or if there is a way to make my own little blancer..
Take 2 straight edged razor blades screw em to a coupla pieces of wood, sharp side up, cut a bottom out of a piece of wood to attach the two sides to...make the sides 2 or 3 inches apart from each other, get a piece of shaft to fit the hub of your prop, set it level on a table and start balancing! It is simple and crude, but it is also cheap! Just start filing material off of the heavy blade..the blade that drops below the shaft line. It takes time to learn how to do it, but the more you do it the better you will get AND dont cut yourself on the razorblades! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Take 2 straight edged razor blades screw em to a coupla pieces of wood, sharp side up, cut a bottom out of a piece of wood to attach the two sides to...make the sides 2 or 3 inches apart from each other, get a piece of shaft to fit the hub of your prop, set it level on a table and start balancing! It is simple and crude, but it is also cheap! Just start filing material off of the heavy blade..the blade that drops below the shaft line. It takes time to learn how to do it, but the more you do it the better you will get AND dont cut yourself on the razorblades! :)

Bill is spot on.. Cheap and a little dangerous but effective. Cant even count how many i balanced like this..can remember how many times i got cut though..lol..

Alden

Tim, the thinner the blade surface is, the less resistance there is for the shaft to roll on which makes it easier for you to actually see what part of the prop is heavy......When you are done balancing the prop, its a good idea to take a coupla pieces of tape and cover the razor blades...as Alden said it is a little dangerous...and i have cut myself just grabbing the balancer to use it...until i wised up!!!

it seamed good bill it did not show one side heaver than another i think ill order a prop balancer from tower and rebalance it with that when it comes. it never landed on the same blade down at all. i marked one blade and started from there. did i do to this right?

it seamed good bill it did not show one side heaver than another i think ill order a prop balancer from tower and rebalance it with that when it comes. it never landed on the same blade down at all. i marked one blade and started from there. did i do to this right?

What did you use for a arbor?(shaft)..

If it was a 3/16" arbor and it balanced out then your fine. If the prop doesnt fit the shaft (to loose) it will mess ya all up.

edit---- sorry forgot you are running 1/8" props...

Last edited by a moderator:
i used a shock shaft i had laying around from a old rc car. fight it nice and tight..

there is a picture and directions on the home made balancer on the aquacraft site . google aquacraft then go to the link for props there is a sub link for balance and sharpening .

Back