Miss Circus Circus Construction Pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In you pictures of the bottom, are the little rear sponsons an add on or are they

part of the kit design? The real boat didn't have them!!!!!!!!!

it's on the plans i have, it keeps your butt-end from dragging in the water... and channels the air into a smaller area,providing lift...

i was debating on making them wider, (1/4" or so) but i'll see how it runs before i do that...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing a website about a full-size hydro boat being re-built, anyone know what boat it was or what the site name was???

Shnick :D

Hi Troy,

Welcome to Intl. Waters, if anyone should know it would be you. ;) All of the pictures I have of the Miss Circus don't show a good view of the transom. :huh:

For all of you that do not know him Troy McIntire is the owner of R/C Sportscraft, manufacturer of quite a few of the past and present unlimited hydros,

he builds them in expoxy glass, some great and light boats. I have two of his hulls and they are both fully rigged under 11 lbs.

AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, La.

hello people!

my name is george!and im writing u from greece!

i own a circus with a cmb 80 hydro on!

u will end up with a very nice boat.....

i got mine in 1996!

& painted it from my dreams!

i can give u some invices about the dumas flex drive..dont use it!

also the engine mount they give!

take care people!

the lonly hydro racer

SECONT PLACE MEANS FIRS LOOSER ;) MAIL:[email protected]

View attachment 1442

apache5056 said:
Mark... if you send it to Don... he'll sand it... ;)
Looks awesome!...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paint update...

Dupont Imron is too toxic for my taste, So under advice from Don, (thanks) I found a local PPG Dealer, and he put forth the extra effort and split a gallon of base (white) into 4 colors. 3 Pinks, and 1 Blue.

For the benifit of those who need to ignore Dumas's directions, the paint numbers are as follows:

Pink #1 - PPG color #139-5 (Katies' Kite)

Pink #2 - PPG color #139-6 (Impatient Pink)

Pink #3 - PPG color #139-7 (Wild Mulberry)

Blue #1 - PPG color #248-7 (Florentine Lapis)

See Picture Below:

ooops !!!!! i didnt mean to make it THAT big... lol

Oh yeah, here a neat tool...

http://www.easyrgb.com/matching.php

it lets you enter the RGB value of the color you see in a picture, select a brand of paint, and it will pick the 4 nearest colors that company offers...

cool huh???

Especially after talking to 3 other paint stores who dont want to spend their "precious time" mixing such a small amount.... 2 gallons of paint, reducer, catalyst, Total Cost, $120.

There is always a store/company/employee who is willing to stay late to make sure the customer gets what they want. All you have to do is find them... and stick with them...

Amerimex Paint Center

1018 S. Frio

San Antonio TX 78216

(210) 472-3000

"There is always a store/company/employee who is willing to stay late to make sure the customer gets what they want. All you have to do is find them... and stick with them..."

Absolutely!! There is a PPG supplier down here I'll go to for "run of the mill" needs. But when I need a "favor" I'll drive the 90 miles back up to see my paint guy in northern Va. (Herndon). He mixed me up 1/2 pint of gold special once for the gold trim in the eagle heads of my Winston lobster. He had to recalculate everything to mix it down that small as chart mix was for a quart. Was rather patient too with custom mixing the colors for my Close Call scale boat. B)

Wings painted...

i had to go with an airbrush set-up while painting, too much hassle bringing it all to to work and all...

Latest posts

Back