Mendota 2011

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sport 40 heat was a good one for me, Shawn let the door open a bit I made the pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL5xZvGUIFY&feature=player_embedded
No doubt! Nice pass for the lead Phil!

If you look right before you passed me at 3:41, my right sponson appears to have blown out causing me to go wide... you were right there to capitalize on that. Man did that water get choppy with 7 sport 40s tearing it up. WHAT A RUSH!

I can't wait 'till we all meet up again B)

1/8th Scale Consolation Race:

I wish I was able to have recorded the D hydro races but I was pitting for David Pruesse in that class. Those were some tight corners!

That guy driving the yellow boat needs some driving lessons, wait thats me.

nice race guys!

Looked like he was going to do a NAMBA half mill, and changed his mind, and settled for some buoy cuts.

Race was a blast....!... thanks for the footage, big time.... i've already been schooled on my driving, by numerous racers... and yeah, I almost broke the wheel off the rado left, on launch, but it is what it is..... roundie had pre race concern for launching into the lanes....... maybe, I'll work on it..... maybe, I'll get to say I run boats, and maybe, i'll get some paint thrown..... till then.... It was fun racing my my best effort on it to date..... i've actually seen that crazy Minnesoda move before, too...... had fun, boat ran..... what else is there?....

KEY board raceing an REAL RACEING :huh:

that is the REST OF THE STORY

whait i heard that some where

Marty
:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess it's just the price I have to pay for working weekend nights. Before the economy took a dump and and I had day job during the week, I raced at between 8 and 10 events a summer. Deteriorated pond conditions and friction among club members have taken all the fun out of running with the local club, and weed free water I have access to is too rough to run toy boats on with much over a 5mph breeze, Pretty tough to justify shelling out between between 2 and 6 hundred bucks in expenses to travel to an out of state race that I am not properly prepared to compete at...Come to think of it I have never been over the line early on a start or hit a buoy with my keyboard, and my spell checker is way faster than yours. :p

Larry

Larry

The pond has been weed free all year! The wind has been much below average. Just to let you know. Hope to see you there soon

Tim

Larry

The pond has been weed free all year! The wind has been much below average. Just to let you know. Hope to see you there soon

Tim
Come on Tim,I was born at night , but it wasn't last night. :p Not up lying the surface because of the high murky water, I'll believe...Weed free, not a chance. :) That 30 foot high bank along the west side of Nicols that highway 77 runs along is a very effective wind break that doesn't exist on any lakes I have access to. I threw the towel in on this toy boat season the first part of August when I had eleven days straight off from work and it rained eight of them. :mellow: But on a brighter note I won't have to buy fuel or plugs next spring :D I still have plenty :lol: ...Till I have to start feeding the twin. :eek: Get your B tunnel and your sport 20 dialed in and ready, I'll be back in full force next season.

Danny

I went wireless this year and love! You don't need a big battery or box. I have a 5000mah 14.8 hard case LiPo connected to my starter and bought a Dynamite LiPo glow starter and your all good.

I attached a pic of the starter.

Tim
@moparbarn - Thanks for the tips. I'll do that. @Tim That's much better than hauling around a battery. How much for those battery packs more or less?
Larry

Tim
Come on Tim,I was born at night , but it wasn't last night. :p Not up lying the surface because of the high murky water, I'll believe...Weed free, not a chance. :) That 30 foot high bank along the west side of Nicols that highway 77 runs along is a very effective wind break that doesn't exist on any lakes I have access to. I threw the towel in on this toy boat season the first part of August when I had eleven days straight off from work and it rained eight of them. :mellow: But on a brighter note I won't have to buy fuel or plugs next spring :D I still have plenty :lol: ...Till I have to start feeding the twin. :eek: Get your B tunnel and your sport 20 dialed in and ready, I'll be back in full force next season.
My sport 20 is moving good! I love completion. B tunnel is well and I will have a all new rig again for 20012 bring your A game, lol. Now if I could only get some driving lessons.....

Tim

Tried a new motor in my sport 20 boat today. Its about 5 mph short of where my other motor is, BUT is pulling more prop, and will fall all the way down off plane, and jump back onto the pipe within 15 feet. A little more tweaking to get this one where the last was speed wise, and ill be set!! Has torque like crazy!! Thing grunts. Tim's sport boat is running good. B tunnel isnt bad either I didnt think. Its right in there.

Timbo.... please slide over to Larry's sister's and assemble his sport 20 NOW, pick one, it doesnt matter, and maybe he'll have it ready by spring..... take his sport 40 home and paint it, complete with number, sponsor, and windshield, so it's ready by august, and mail me his blackbird in a box yet, and i'll complete IT, Marty, may even be able to put some pink fuel into his tunnels and tune 'em, and...... look out! pow crash bang, Larry's boats are wet....... I heard, Ricks Farm water went OK yesterday.... and it's open everyday..... tune 'em up.... or maybe we will just ask..... plus, maybe if'n i come up, your keyboard can show me how to make a roundnose sport 20 do great laps around a race course very quickly........ Mn champs next. Be there. Mike

Timbo.... please slide over to Larry's sister's and assemble his sport 20 NOW, pick one, it doesnt matter, and maybe he'll have it ready by spring..... take his sport 40 home and paint it, complete with number, sponsor, and windshield, so it's ready by august, and mail me his blackbird in a box yet, and i'll complete IT, Marty, may even be able to put some pink fuel into his tunnels and tune 'em, and...... look out! pow crash bang, Larry's boats are wet....... I heard, Ricks Farm water went OK yesterday.... and it's open everyday..... tune 'em up.... or maybe we will just ask..... plus, maybe if'n i come up, your keyboard can show me how to make a roundnose sport 20 do great laps around a race course very quickly........ Mn champs next. Be there. Mike
Mike

That's some funny s#*t! MN Camps!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aren't you just the funny one, have you been smokin' corn silk again? My sister doesn't have any boats at her house. :blink:My Blackbird has been out of the box and built since 2009, you have raced against it more than once."Little Red" is the only sport 20 I have, I just got the engine parts I need for it on Friday from Brad Christy. I have had my .45 Eagle wet several times running in the new AA. The waves were too big to run anything smaller, My sport 40 is still in primer,I may get around to painting it one day, and if not, I sure won't get upset if it gets scratched.I don't think Marty's pink fuel has a high enough nitro content to even start the Mac on my tunnel, and if he could get it running it probably wouldn't have enough power to pull any of my props. Ricks pond sucks, it's 40 miles from the house, and is just as susceptible to wind induced too rough for toy boat water conditions as any one of at least a half a dozen lakes within 2 miles of where I live. You had Timbo more than covered in that video,turning laps isn't an issue with your round nose, but I would be more than willing to volunteer the use of the straight edge of my keyboard to find what misalignment or warp is causing that nasty hook to the right so you don't pow crash bang into anything when you launch.

Latest posts

Back