Making new F1 Gas Tunnel from idea to mould to boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hesco Racing

Hi guys,

Nearly a year ago we decided to start a project to make a new F1 Gas tunnel from scratch. the boat is 46.5" long 19.5" wide and +/- 9" high from bottom of sponson to top of hatch. The tunnel is high to facilitate rough water handling and width to help corner speed. We did not kame a running plug opting to use feedback from other boats running and our own "Big Bertha" boat.

Attachments

• Picture 543.jpg
    Picture 543.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 545.jpg
    Picture 545.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 549.jpg
    Picture 549.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 554.jpg
    Picture 554.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 60
Well after the hull plug was done and mold made I started to shape the deck out of foam and do a test hatch. This foam was used to make templates to do a wood deck which is easier to work. Filling and sanding followed. Until it looked great. But having the boat sitting there it was mentioned that the thickness looked to much. So off came the deck and after some shaping it was re-clad and looked much better.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 0541.JPG
    Picture 0541.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 53
Do you know when you will have one ready to run, or for sale? Do you know what the price will be?

Thanks, Gene

Does anyone know how I can load more pics. It is saying global upload quota is nearly full.

Cobus
Your best option for posting a lot of pics is to use a host gallery site LIKE THISand using a hyperlink to the pics in your posts, rather than attaching images directly to your posts.

Hi guys,

Nearly a year ago we decided to start a project to make a new F1 Gas tunnel from scratch. the boat is 46.5" long 19.5" wide and +/- 9" high from bottom of sponson to top of hatch. The tunnel is high to facilitate rough water handling and width to help corner speed. We did not kame a running plug opting to use feedback from other boats running and our own "Big Bertha" boat.
hi,good job,you have plans this boats?i love this model y need one.martin of argentina

No sorry it was built from scratch without plans. We used what we learned from our first boat and applied it to this one. The deck and cowl is my own design and shaping taking real F1's into consideration.

Update on this one is that the first hull and deck out the mold we were not happy with the layup and strength achieved against weight achieved. We have relaid a new hull and deck and will be joining it this week and then proceeding with running setup.

Cobus

Back