Lucero Vertical Fin Profiles

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobGutsell

Hi Guys

I'm looking for information on cross sectional profiles of lucero verticals. Before I start cutting wood to make some. I've seen some with flat trailing edges and others that appear to have tapered leading and trailing edges, a symmertical profile.

Two boats I'm interested in are 1987 Cellular One, and 1988 Oberto.

Can somebody help?

Cheers

Bob

Hey Bob G.

Here's a pic of the rear verticals for the '88 U-10 Vantage Ultra - two sponsors after hull was Cellular One. Trailing edge is blunt.

And all I have of the rear of the '88 Oberto - I can't tell. CHEERS !!! Bob

Last time I was at the HARM, I was doing some dimension checking on the 82 Atlas and what I remember of the tails is that they have a slight symetrical airfoil with a round/radiused leading edge and the blunt trailing edge shown in the picture of the Vantage. The airfoil shahpe is so slight that you have to look at the tail from directly in front or in back to see it. The rear of the tail is roughly 3" thick so they are just thick enough to let the fairing slide over the inner tube structure

Hi Guys

I'm looking for information on cross sectional profiles of lucero verticals. Before I start cutting wood to make some. I've seen some with flat trailing edges and others that appear to have tapered leading and trailing edges, a symmertical profile.

Two boats I'm interested in are 1987 Cellular One, and 1988 Oberto.

Can somebody help?

Cheers

Bob
If you use solid wood the tail can get heavy, I would use some foam core and add wood leading and trailing edges you can sand to shape. Foam core and a 1/32 ply cover will be real light and strong.

I have these epoxyglass foam core wings. I make them with a 1/4 foam core, they are ready to mount and paint.

picture of the lucero style wing set.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=325&pos=19

If you use solid wood the tail can get heavy, I would use some foam core and add wood leading and trailing edges you can sand to shape. Foam core and a 1/32 ply cover will be real light and strong.

I have these epoxyglass foam core wings. I make them with a 1/4 foam core, they are ready to mount and paint.

picture of the lucero style wing set.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=325&pos=19

Thanks Guys

Phil the method you describe with 1/32 ply, foam core and wood strips for the endges is what I had in mind. Right now on Cellular one I have some fibreglass verticals and wings which heavier than the solid wood fins and wings the boat used to have!Yes I've struggled for the last 2 years to stop it dragging it's arse, so this will be the plan.

The Oberto is my new boat from one of Mike Luscz kits.

Thanks for the Photos to guys, you're right there's a clear difference between the vertical profiles for both boats.

Back