Little trivia.........please identify these boats.........mainly the fiberglass one 2nd from top

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Valentage

Looking for a little help from the community. Can anyone identify what this boat is and manufacture?
Thanks for any help. Will be finishing it and selling it at a later date. Just the fiberglass one 2nd from top.

top left - 1/8 CIRCUS CIRCUS ......1988 to 1991 8401 hull. Thanks Hydro Junkie
2ND FROM TOP LEFT FIBERGLASS- ???????????? Maybe 1/8 8700 Thunderboat hull Thanks Hydro Junkie & P Thomas
3RD FROM TOP LEFT - DUMAS 1/8 SHOVEL
BOTTOM LEFT - .40 DUMAS HAWK (Actually Eagle). Thanks Grimracer
RIGHT SIDE - 1/8 AEROMARINE MILLER AMERICAN

Attachments

• hydro.jpg
    hydro.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
  • all5.jpg
    all5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Dumas Eagle is the Bottom Left.. (I suspect you knew that just fat fingered it)

Looking for a little help from the community. Can anyone identify what this boat is and manufacture?
Thanks for any help. Will be finishing it and selling it at a later date. Just the fiberglass one 2nd from top.

top left - 1/8 CIRCUS CIRCUS
2ND FROM TOP LEFT FIBERGLASS- ????????????
3RD FROM TOP LEFT - DUMAS SHOVEL
BOTTOM LEFT - .40 DUMAS HAWK
RIGHT SIDE - AEROMARINE MILLER AMERICAN
Dumas Eagle is the Bottom Left.. (I suspect you knew that just fat fingered it)
Yes, my bad. Put down the wrong bird.

Good guess at it. Cowl is very similar the way it sweeps.
The boat in question, from the angles shown, is the 8700 hull.
The Circus at the top appears to be the 1988 to 1991 8401 hull
Phil, you could be right, it could be one of his. Yes, he was in Kansas but hasn't been heard from for at least a couple of decades, as far as I know anyway.

It was Dick Caspari of Wichita KS. Raced with him in District 17 of APBA in the 90's and early 2000's. He was a master of fiberglass and carbon fiber repair and build. Repaired boats and built bodies for full size race cars as well.

Rick, from what I've heard, all at least second hand so take this with a big grain of salt, someone in Texas bought them. Don't know who it was or where he lives so I can't really verify whether this is true or not o_O

I raced with Dick, his son Collin, and his daughter Danielle back in late 80’s and early 90’s. Left Wichita in 2003 and haven’t heard from them. Dick was real good friends with Terry Dobson. They have most likely passed on, but they were a competitive group. He was always doing something with fiberglass.

It was Dick Caspari of Wichita KS. Raced with him in District 17 of APBA in the 90's and early 2000's. He was a master of fiberglass and carbon fiber repair and build. Repaired boats and built bodies for full size race cars as well.
I raced with Dick, his son Collin, and his daughter Danielle back in late 80’s and early 90’s. Left Wichita in 2003 and haven’t heard from them. Dick was real good friends with Terry Dobson. They have most likely passed on, but they were a competitive group. He was always doing something with fiberglass.
Very interesting..........The time period makes sence due to who I acquired them from. Thank you

Thanks to everyone who helped identify the boat hulls. Had bought all of them from the family of a fellow club member who passed. Had a team of members just finish the round nose and it came out beautiful (see pics). Giving it away in a business promotion drawing with proceeds going to The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Detroit – preventing homelessness, fighting hunger, and changing lives. Contact us for further info [email protected]

Attachments

• R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 0
  • R5.jpg
    R5.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 0
  • R6.jpg
    R6.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 0
  • R7.jpg
    R7.jpg