Little Thunder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know why Evansville has to put a limit on boats entered? I will tell you, its because of the great races they put on. This race was no exception. The pit bosses hustled, The retrieve team worked hard and kept it going even while they worked on motors. A special thanks to Allen on being out of retirement for the weekend. Just so you know, the only boat Allen Elzer ran was the retrieve boat. My heart goes out to the Benidicts who Pit bossed all day Saturday and did not race due to a loss in their family. Guys, you are in my families prayers.

I found out Sunday that Tom David doesn't need a mike when he is pit boss. haha!! He did a great job of bringing it home while we were all tireing out some due to the heat. Oh, and he took all my goofing off with a smile, which was great.

There are a lot of new and old members of the Evansville club that also did a great job and stepped up to the task of working this race and made it happen. I want to thank you all.

I know you guys got to be tired today. I look forward to the Mt. Vernon race.

My newest boater cant type yet, But you guys made him happy. Thanks Wes for the Decals that made his boat look different. Thanks Scott for making him Seen with his neon vest. Thanks to Wes Ellet and Family, Phil Thomas, Steve and Maryann Jackson, Ryan Hobby and His wife, and anyone I missed who sat and talked boats with Alex while Dad and Brother were racing. He slept all the way home!! He had a blast and you can bet he will be back.

Ken

Ken

Great race Evansville . It just keeps getting better. I will see you at the Mt Vernon race. Thanks for being a superb host.

L. Burford

name='Ken Hildreth' date='Jun 22 2009, 08:27 AM' post='303673']

Do you know why Evansville has to put a limit on boats entered? I will tell you, its because of the great races they put on. This race was no exception. The pit bosses hustled, The retrieve team worked hard and kept it going even while they worked on motors. A special thanks to Allen on being out of retirement for the weekend. Just so you know, the only boat Allen Elzer ran was the retrieve boat. My heart goes out to the Benidicts who Pit bossed all day Saturday and did not race due to a loss in their family. Guys, you are in my families prayers.

I found out Sunday that Tom David doesn't need a mike when he is pit boss. haha!! He did a great job of bringing it home while we were all tireing out some due to the heat. Oh, and he took all my goofing off with a smile, which was great.

There are a lot of new and old members of the Evansville club that also did a great job and stepped up to the task of working this race and made it happen. I want to thank you all.

I know you guys got to be tired today. I look forward to the Mt. Vernon race.

My newest boater cant type yet, But you guys made him happy. Thanks Wes for the Decals that made his boat look different. Thanks Scott for making him Seen with his neon vest. Thanks to Wes Ellet and Family, Phil Thomas, Steve and Maryann Jackson, Ryan Hobby and His wife, and anyone I missed who sat and talked boats with Alex while Dad and Brother were racing. He slept all the way home!! He had a blast and you can bet he will be back.

Ken

Ken

From Team Futaba and Odonnell racing.. Thank you River City Racers for a FANTASTIC run event.

Im not sure what started this Evansville fright train but I have to believe its the hard working people in the club.

I bet we see numbers like this for YEARS TO COME!

Congrats to ALL the winners and Special congrats to Stu Barr and Greg Hahn. Both were using Futaba 2.4 FASST systems to get it done.

Enter applause here for all the winners!!! :D :D

Grim

Once again RCRC has out done them selves with 85 heats on saturday........220+ boats and i was on the road home at 4:00 pm.....OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was hot but good water all weekend. This is a world class venue with a world class club managing the races. A big thanks to the CD's, Pit Bosses, Score keepers, Retrieve Boat drivers....... Man you guys worked your butts off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see everyone in Mt Vernon

SW

Evansviile guys,

You guys really know how to host a race,what a great time with great running boats in all classes. Back home in Chicago by 10.30pm,you guys can click off some big heat numbers. Thanks again. See you Mt Vernon!

No slackers in the Evansville club!! They all worked hard. Even in the sweltering heat! Had a great time. James sure was proud of that 1st in sport 20. He's got his eyes on that sport 40 trophy now!!

Again, thanks to all the club members

Wes

A BIG THANK YOU!!! AND WOW!!! TO ALL THE RIVER CITY CLUB AND MEMBERS!!!! THIS WAS/IS A RACE EXPERIENCE THAT WILL BE "THE BEST"!!!

Until I get to come back and do it again!!!! :D :D :lol:

MY Personal List of thank you. And I Did not Win anything. Just had THE BEST RACING Experience in 15 years of doing this!!!

Joe Warren

Cliff Warren

Ralph Alomorlia

Scott Wadlow..........BEST PITMAN

Mark Hopper

Lawson Burford

Sir Mike

Tom David

Don Brown

Mike Shuttleworth Snr & Jr.

Jose Qrtiz

Rick Donane

The KNOXVILLE MAFIA :lol: :lol:

Ray Bowden

Sam Bowden.

THE Pit Boss, The Cd's

OH' To the retrive boat drives and the the Gentleman that went Diving for my Mono!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

DID I have GOOD TIME...........................OH &^%$ YES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :)
THe Knoxville Mafia, I like that.

I guess that makes Harvey "LUCKY" Liberman the Godfather.

Kudos to the EVENSVILLE gang :lol: Another great weekend of racing and great friendships, thats what it is all about.

A BIG THANK YOU!!! AND WOW!!! TO ALL THE RIVER CITY CLUB AND MEMBERS!!!! THIS WAS/IS A RACE EXPERIENCE THAT WILL BE "THE BEST"!!!

Until I get to come back and do it again!!!! :D :D :lol:

MY Personal List of thank you. And I Did not Win anything. Just had THE BEST RACING Experience in 15 years of doing this!!!

Joe Warren

Cliff Warren

Ralph Alomorlia

Scott Wadlow..........BEST PITMAN

Mark Hopper

Lawson Burford

Sir Mike

Tom David

Don Brown

Mike Shuttleworth Snr & Jr.

Jose Qrtiz

Rick Donane

The KNOXVILLE MAFIA :lol: :lol:

Ray Bowden

Sam Bowden.

THE Pit Boss, The Cd's

OH' To the retrive boat drives and the the Gentleman that went Diving for my Mono!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

DID I have GOOD TIME...........................OH &^%$ YES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :)
THe Knoxville Mafia, I like that.

I guess that makes Harvey "LUCKY" Liberman the Godfather.
We've been going by The Knoxville Gang,since we haven't figured out who we are.Charles coined a good one though.I don't think we've come from the dark side to win races,but a little bit of luck never hurts.I may be among the senior Gang ,but don't forget last years Little Thunder Evansville newspaper picture showing me successfully throwing in a twin rigger without falling in myself.

We did have a Gang there this past weekend,and we all had a hell of a good time win,loose,or draw.I believe part of the good time was because of the attitude of the of the racers as a result of the way the Evansville club ran the race.The weather was really hot and humid,but that was a minor issue,because everything was WELL ORGANIZED and FUN.There's too many people to thank individually,but thanks for putting on a great race,and we'll be back in the fall.

Harvey

Like the rest I had a great time. The Evansville club always does a great job with a race. But next time could you order up a little cooler temps?

Mark

very nice race, smooth, to smooth i thought i was at a race that only had 80 boats but the evansville club made it work like clock work. everyone that raced moved at the right time to keep things flowing on time & i must say the dedication of this club is second to none.

i must say that with there spring race & the plaques made of granite i had to come out of retirement just to try & win one that will be displayed with pride, i want to thank the man that made it possible for these plaques, they are very nice.

i thank the whole club for working together along with the dedication it takes for a race of over 200 boats. thanks for a great race.

Thank you RCRC for your hospitality. It was one of the best races and race sites I have ever been to. The event was hosted by individuals that worked extremely hard in undesirable conditions (heat) and maintained a great attitude. The CD's did a fantistic job. Kudos to all involved. As always, it is a pleasure seeing everyone there that I know and meeting new friends.

Rick Doane

Dose anyone have any picturtes???????????? ;) ;)
I have some. I will finish processing them tomorrow and up load them and post the link. I didnt get as many as I would have liked because of issues that I had but I will post what I have

I have some. I will finish processing them tomorrow and up load them and post the link. I didnt get as many as I would have liked because of issues that I had but I will post what I have
Scott,you've always done a great job at taking pctures.i'm very pleased at the onesyou have shot of mine and the photo of the oboy-oberto was especially nice. hope to see ya

at the fall race.Evansville is top notch race site and people don't get any better.

Scott,you've always done a great job at taking pctures.i'm very pleased at the onesyou have shot of mine and the photo of the oboy-oberto was especially nice. hope to see ya

at the fall race.Evansville is top notch race site and people don't get any better.
thanks Mark....here is the link to the Evansville Little Thunder pictures. Sorry I didnt get very many shots but I had to wrench on a couple of my boats this weekend instead of taking pictures. Should have my new camera hopefully today and will be shooting in MT. Vernon and races the rest of the year.

http://picasaweb.google.com/swadlow121/LilThunder09#

Sorry this took so long to get posted, but here are the results from Little Thunder 09.

I hope i got the correct names for the winners of the Twin Final, Scale Final, and Concourse, I was working from memory and you all know how bad my memory is.

DonB

Your not kidding your memory is bad, you got on here to post the results and before you finished the message, you forgot to post what you got on to post. hahahaha! Ken

Latest posts

Back