LIL RASKEL HELP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hei, fint å se at du får hjelp her.

Hvis du trenger en flex aksel, strut etc. så kan du snakke med Andy eller John på Competition Marine Designs (CMDi). Du finner telefon nummer paa Linker siden på nmsbf.org. For en så liten motor er det mulig du kan bruke strut etc fra elektro båter, men John eller Andy kan sikkert hjelpe. De sender også til deg med "gave" og lav verdi på pakka så du unngår toll (hils fra meg).

Hilsen Stein

Last edited by a moderator:
Stein Tumert said:
Hei, fint å se at du får hjelp her.
Hvis du trenger en flex aksel, strut etc. så kan du snakke med Andy eller John på Competition Marine Designs (CMDi). Du finner telefon nummer paa Linker siden på nmsbf.org. For en så liten motor er det mulig du kan bruke strut etc fra elektro båter, men John eller Andy kan sikkert hjelpe. De sender også til deg med "gave" og lav verdi på pakka så du unngår toll (hils fra meg).

Hilsen Stein
Takk for linken Stein!

Dette forumet er nok løsningen mine båtproblemer.

Skal ta en nærmere titt på alle tilgjengelige muligheter for drivverk-oppsett.

Dette blir nok bra!

Takker igjen B)

Awww Stein. That's what I was gonna say, but you beat me to it.

:blink:

Stock flex shaft...but if I did it again, I would use something a little longer.

Ok.. The Dremel worked just fine, my shaft looks simlar to yours now.

I beleive my boat is to heavy, the maximum weight of my boat is exactly 3,5 lb / 1,6kg...

alervik said:
Terry Keeley said:
You did a nice job and have a good looking boat!
If you can install a 3/16" drive shaft you'll have an unlimited variety of props to try and I'm sure you'll see more speed that using the stock Dumas prop.

Can you post a picture of the transom?
Thanks!

Propjockey: are you using the stock flexishaft from the dumas hardware set or this 3/16" drive shaft that Terry Keeley suggest?

My english is not that good...transom...i dont know that word..
Transom is the back of the boat, if you can post a picture of it we could be more help. :D

ps: your english is very good, what's your first language?

Terry Keeley said:
alervik said:
Terry Keeley said:
You did a nice job and have a good looking boat!
If you can install a 3/16" drive shaft you'll have an unlimited variety of props to try and I'm sure you'll see more speed that using the stock Dumas prop.

Can you post a picture of the transom?
Thanks!

Propjockey: are you using the stock flexishaft from the dumas hardware set or this 3/16" drive shaft that Terry Keeley suggest?

My english is not that good...transom...i dont know that word..
Transom is the back of the boat, if you can post a picture of it we could be more help. :D

ps: your english is very good, what's your first language?
That's Norweigian..

I can post a picture of the transom tomorrow. But the new layout isnt finished yet...

i have a lil rascal project going rigth now as we speak i didnt liek at all how the sponsons are mounted so i re-enforced the sponsons for tube setup and made it wider buit kept angle and depth the same(even though the sponsons are now adjustable) and i re-enforced the transom some more for fuller hardware and adjustable strut back there has anyone else done this?? i am about to put my stuffing tube in and motor in it(prolly a os .15 cv car motor w/ belt start)

I don't know the exact speed, but like I said earlier, it runs circles around a modded out Proboat Miss Budweiser, which is SUPPOSED to go around 30-35. I definitly think it's the strut issue, I wound up using Octura parts and had no problem. I did put triangle stock around the perimeter of the transom and glass it on the inside (one good turtle whack and it would be C-YA). I played with props and found an old Octura 437/3 (I'm guessing on the number...I think I killed those brain cells this weekend :blink: ) that I had from an outboard 12 years ago worked best......The pipe definitly helps though. My boat is pretty heavy as well. I didn't think it would go as fast as it does. I think when this one dies though, I'll build a small Firefighter to replace it.

Bruce

Here is a picture of the transom after my rebuild:

boatstrut.JPG

Now you're talkin'!!! I think if you set the centre of the shaft even with the bottom of the rear sponsons and make it as flat as you can get it you should see great improvements. :D

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to this forum and it looks like a good one for us rc boaters. This thread caught my attention because my daughter and I are building this same Lil Rascal. I've built quite a few Dumas boats because I love boats and I love to build. I've found that Dumas boats require more skill, effort, concentration, ingenuity, patience, etc. than just quickly looking at the instructions and mixing up a batch of 5 min epoxy!

Anyway, what kind of weights are you guys ending up with? alervik, you said that your boat is 3 1/2 pounds. Is this full weight with engine, radio gear, hardware and fuel? I've made the mistake of building a Dumas Quickie 40 outrigger that was too heavy. Nothing but headaches :angry: . I've got my wife's small kitchen scale and I've been weighing my Dumas SK Daddle as the construction has proceeded. I think that weight is the biggest enemy of outriggers and, to a lessor extent, other types of hulls.

dannyual767 said:
Hello everyone.  I'm brand new to this forum and it looks like a good one for us rc boaters.  This thread caught my attention because my daughter and I are building this same Lil Rascal.  I've built quite a few Dumas boats because I love boats and I love to build.  I've found that Dumas boats require more skill, effort, concentration, ingenuity, patience, etc. than just quickly looking at the instructions and mixing up a batch of 5 min epoxy!
Anyway, what kind of weights are you guys ending up with?  alervik, you said that your boat is 3 1/2 pounds.  Is this full weight with engine, radio gear, hardware and fuel?  I've made the mistake of building a Dumas Quickie 40 outrigger that was too heavy.  Nothing but headaches  :angry: .  I've got my wife's small kitchen scale and I've been weighing my Dumas SK Daddle as the construction has proceeded.  I think that weight is the biggest enemy of outriggers and, to a lessor extent, other types of hulls.
3 1/2 pounds includes absolute everything...

There are some minor details to be done. I hope my boat will be finished and ready for testing next week!

Thanks, alervik. I'll file this info away so that we can keep weighing our model as construction proceeds. It's on hold now since she is back with her mother for summer vacation. When she gets back in August, we'll start again.

I had my first run after my transom-rebuild today. The boat just wount go like I want it to go. I threw it into the water and the first 70 ft it seems to catch speed, but then it suddenly "stalls".

You can watch a video from my last attempt here:

LINK

(AVI, 3mb, save as)

Any ideas?

That would be a good question for Make Sholand. All I can say is try a different prop. maybe a prather 215

Alervik:

I can't open your link for some reason but if I remember correctly it is doing exactly the same thing as my .12 the first time I tried to run it. It just might be your low speed needle setting. Try opening it up at least another 1/16" and see what happens. You really need a bunch of fuel for these riggers as Preston Hall pointed out to me. My boat would take off great and then just stop about 70ft out like yours. It didn't make any difference at all where my high speed needle was set. After opening up the low speed needle it ran great and I was able to screw in the high speed a little at a time and make good improvements each time.

I really don't know if this is your problem but it sure looks just like what mine was doing.

Good luck,

Don ;)

Don Templeton: My boat would not go any further today, even if i let more fuel by fixing the low speed needle.

I will now take my boat to my local hobby shop where i bought it. They said this was the perfect beginner outrigger, but i do not agree that.

Back