LIL RASKEL HELP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah....that's the airplane experience kicking in....I've always flown a new engine with a long header and started whacking after a couple rich tanks....the lake is behind my house so the distance between me and the Dremel is only about fifty yards...... :rolleyes:

That was gonna be my next question anyway !!!

hmmm..good info...man you guys are awesome. Okay, I'll cut it off before I try to run it.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

If you ever need any computer advice ...lemme know .. (I specialize in AIX and Networks)

Bruce Hartmann

Systems Engineer

iLIANT Corporation

www.iliant.com

Hey, you don't need a Dremel to cut it off. A little pipe cutter is all you need. You can pick one up for around $5.00 and it makes a perfect cut all the way around the pipe. The bonus is that it doesn't need electricity to work. ;)

Dale P.

Hey Guys,

I ran it yesterday, and I must say, I am very pleased with the minimal amount of tweaking I had to do (played with props and jacked the strut all the way up). I had shortened the pipe previous to running it. All I can say for speed is that it absolutely SMOKED my buddy's 1:12 Bud Boat (which pretty much was the baseline of my goal with it...Let the games begin !!) Anyway, it did have one thing it did that I believe I can correct from reading another post here; when turning hard to the right, it had a tendancy to want to lift the inside sponson....will bending an angle or rolling the turnfin towards the centerline of the boat improve this ??? It seems to me that having that slight downward force vector would almost have to...but I could be wrong !!

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
yes.

just make sure the bend is level with the water's surface WHILE RUNNING. otherwise it will cause the inside sponson to ride up even more, or dig in causing unwanted drag or worse. Use a vice and make the bend so it rides level with the bottom of the center tub and about 3/8" below the bottom of the sponson (water surface). I'd say about 30 degrees should be a good starting point for the amount of bend.

I think mike z's .12 fin should work for that boat. Low cost, and it's already got 2 bends - http://www.grimracer.com/

I bent it about 30 degrees about 10mm down from the sponson, it had a tendancy to "hop" more in the straightwaways, and would hook and spin out if I overcontrolled in the turn, as it looked like the sponson was digging. I bent it back & relaxed the angle by about 75% and will try it again during the week....in the interim, I may go ahead and order one....it really blows that none of the LHS's carry much for boats.....

Hi!

I have just spotted this forum and i have some problems with my li'l rascal.

It seems to me that you know this boat very well, so i hope you can help me!

This is my boat:

bat_4.jpg

This boat is only running at max. 15mph!

How fast is your boat running?

And what is the weight of your boat?

I am from Norway so my English is not quite so good :unsure:

Propjockey said:
This boat is only running at max. 15mph!
I'm impressed! Seriously!

What engine? Prop?
engine: OS 15 cvmx

prop: original dumas

The "intake snorkle" is retired..

One thing, i made the shaft support after the plans -like my skilful drawing shows:

b%E5ten.JPG

Seriously though, have him forget about the original "shaft support/fifth sponson"...go with an exposed stuffing tube and adjustable strut.
I realise that I have done something dumb..

You did a nice job and have a good looking boat!

If you can install a 3/16" drive shaft you'll have an unlimited variety of props to try and I'm sure you'll see more speed that using the stock Dumas prop.

Can you post a picture of the transom?

alervik...you didn't do anything dumb. You did exactly what the instructions said to do.

BUT...fear not my friend. It can be un-done! I've posted these pics before, but it's been a while.

Before...

Propjockey said:
LMFAO!!!!!!!
I just saw your 'intake snorkle'.
Hey that looks like a hydro-foil!

Serioulsy my first nitro rigger ran exactly like that -I called it the low-rider. Too much Prop angle(non adjustable) and spoon tops that where to low and would submarine when trying to launch was the culprit.

Terry Keeley said:
You did a nice job and have a good looking boat!
If you can install a 3/16" drive shaft you'll have an unlimited variety of props to try and I'm sure you'll see more speed that using the stock Dumas prop.

Can you post a picture of the transom?
Thanks!

Propjockey: are you using the stock flexishaft from the dumas hardware set or this 3/16" drive shaft that Terry Keeley suggest?

My english is not that good...transom...i dont know that word..

Back