Lexan Cowls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

We are now making clear Lexan cowls for the Eagle SG/SGX. Lexan is much tougher than ABS or fiberglass and is light weight too.

The price will be $30 for a 67 sized cowl.

Boat manufactures/builders ,we can also build your cowls from Lexan. Inquire at [email protected] for details and pricing information.

Andy, a Lexan Whiplash Sport 20 cowl (Same as the 40) Would be great!
We'd love to make colws for all of the hulls out there, so talk to your respective manfacture/builder about getting their cowls bulit by CMDi from Lexan.

We will only go through them on this and will not splash their parts, unless there is some out of production parts that are needed.

In that case we would need to look at the market for possible sales numbers before investing in mold making.

Thanks for asking! :)

Andy, a Lexan Whiplash Sport 20 cowl (Same as the 40) Would be great!
We'd love to make colws for all of the hulls out there, so talk to your respective manfacture/builder about getting their cowls bulit by CMDi from Lexan.

We will only go through them on this and will not splash their parts, unless there is some out of production parts that are needed.

In that case we would need to look at the market for possible sales numbers before investing in mold making.

Thanks for asking! :)
so if i am making parts that look very similar to theirs ..am i "splashing them" because i am making a carbon version of the whip cowl and will cease production if that is the case.. and sorry for jackin the thread , i just wanted to find out opinions?? thanks

terry

terry, a splash is making a mold off an existing part or hull. if you make your own from scratch, and it looks similar, i would consider it an imitation, the sincerest form of flattery :rolleyes: . imho, unless it's molded off an original, it's not a splash. a copy, as long as it is represented as such, is ok by me......

What about some kind of tunnel cowl ? Maybe like a Pugh hull cowl.

image019.jpg

image004.jpg

Terry,

I agree with what Robin is saying. Your "similar" part that resembles theirs is not splashing if you made your own mold of your own design that looks "similar" in my opinion.

Now if you are making carbon parts that are pulled off of a Whip part because they won't build a CF part than I don't considier that Splashing.

However I do beleive that making minor changes to someones part and pulling a mold off of it and building it of the same material and selling it is splashing.

However I believe it's for your own personal use that's a different story. Of course the computer Software industry would not agree with me on that. Mastercam software to suite our Mazak is $25K if I want to have a second user on a second computer they charge a sweet little sum of $12K.

Anyway, we are not looking to scratch build molds to compete with someone else's product. This market is too small.

If anyone has their own original mold pattern we'll be glad to make parts from it.

If you like the manufactures orginal part, talk to them about having us making Lexan parts for them.

If they don't want to do that and won't make a part of their own out of Lexan, we may be open to making some if the market volume exists.

My thinking here is that I don't have a problem with Mike C. making Carbon fiber SGX cowls that are pulled off of our parts because we don't make them and he isn't stealing business from us, because our $20 ABS cowl has a different market than his $70 CF cowl.

I hope everyone understands what I'm trying to say. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are now making clear Lexan cowls for the Eagle SG/SGX. Lexan is much tougher than ABS or fiberglass and is light weight too.

Boat manufactures/builders ,we can also build your cowls from Lexan. Inquire at [email protected] for details and pricing information.
Can you show pictures of new lexan cowl 67/80 and twin 67/80 cowl to email:[email protected] . I am interesting let me know thanks, Allan ;)

Can you show pictures of new lexan cowl 67/80 and twin 67/80 cowl to email:[email protected] . I am interesting let me know thanks, Allan ;)

Allan,

We just pulled the first 67's on Friday. It will be a few days be fore we have all of the sizes made.

keep us posted on when they will all be ready , i need a sgx 21 cowel and a couple of 90 sgx cowels !

many thanks

Jason

Let me no if you do the car bodies , i might be able to move some up this way , 90% of the hobby here is all car and truck , good luck with the lexan it will do well for you i think .

Andy I have a Gas hydro that I am converting to FE, is it possible to make me a Lexan hatch for it?

Latest posts

Back