LeeCraft Tunnels win first in A Mod and B Mod at 2011 NAMBA Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B) CUMBIYA ;) CUMBIYA :eek: CUMBIYA ^_^ CUMBIYA B)

Dammit Ted I'm out of popcorn :wub: We must be in Round 5 or 6 by now. :) Julian and the Atwells must be into the "moonshine", and the rest of the TBM are mixin cement somewhere. Drew put a picture up of the last guy messin the thr TBM. :rolleyes: You guys have no idea of real "Southern Hospitality" till you race at Charleston. No one said anyone was lying just questioning if there's something in the California air thats making tunnels run so much faster. April/May 2012 unless the Mayan calendar is off a few months.

Mic
I thought you took that Popcorn Break yesterday @ 10:00a.m. :lol:

Dammit Ted I'm out of popcorn :wub: We must be in Round 5 or 6 by now. :) Julian and the Atwells must be into the "moonshine", and the rest of the TBM are mixin cement somewhere. Drew put a picture up of the last guy messin the thr TBM. :rolleyes: You guys have no idea of real "Southern Hospitality" till you race at Charleston. No one said anyone was lying just questioning if there's something in the California air thats making tunnels run so much faster. April/May 2012 unless the Mayan calendar is off a few months.

Mic
Man you guys get up early in Minnesota. This thing almost died but I think Ron is stirring up the pot. :p Baxter might be smoking pot. :eek: Doug Carter better send me a commission cause I'm sure he sold a copy of the 2010 & 2011 WTC's yesterday. Kinda reminds me of Tom Cruise's line in Days of Thunder when he explained where he learned to drive stock cars, "Watched it on TV" B) Watch and learn Grasshoppers cause a few of us have run that South Carolina pond a bit. Only the Godfather knows where the boddies are buried back in the swamp. :ph34r:

Some where in here we will open the discussion to the .21 mod class! Fingers must be sleepin in this morning.

Mic

Yeah, been busy trying to balance this thing called work and watching this thread(at the same time) with bated breath! :D

Too bad we can't get some Vid's. of the so called "Enigma" that is at hand.. Since you left Minnesota years ago, they don't let us out much.. :eek: To be able to see a 60+ Tunnel run - would be a treat!!.. Hell, it's been 1 year and 2 months since I've seen a boat go over 60+ and that was Dicky Dahlheimer's & Patrick Steel's BlackBird & Ninja during the speed run. :D
Hey Ted,

Richard ran one of his CMB Valvola powered Brad Christy BlackJack hydros at the speed run last year, not a Chris Wood BlackBird.
biggrin.gif

Like I said in my post. I didn't know if this was you or not.

Not passing any judgement either. Like I said, I was just looking for old race records with your name and came across it. It was right there on Google.

Don't know anything about the "N-word" thing you speak of. (not gonna comment either)

Not taking any crap myself, and I am certainly not giving any. :)

I'll talk with some of the local guys around here (Otto, Hearl, Premo, Drake, Whiddon, Junker's, Halbrehder's, Culhane, etc..) and see if we can all pitch in and get you a plane ticket so you can come down here and give us a block of training on how to properly setup and race a tunnel.

We could sure use the help.

Thanks in advance.

/B
Bill Read what Baxter posted.. "Well I wish you all good luck and may the skill be with you. I am Talking to the wife to see what time shares we have close by there next year. Remember I can practice and test all year long. Should I should be up to speed in no time." He don't need no plane ticket if he's got Time shares... I do!! :lol: Mic, Make sure Bill comes through with that ticket.. I'll even help CD the event: 20548 S CD

Yeah, been busy trying to balance this thing called work and watching this thread(at the same time) with bated breath! :D

Too bad we can't get some Vid's. of the so called "Enigma" that is at hand.. Since you left Minnesota years ago, they don't let us out much.. :eek: To be able to see a 60+ Tunnel run - would be a treat!!.. Hell, it's been 1 year and 2 months since I've seen a boat go over 60+ and that was Dicky Dahlheimer's & Patrick Steel's BlackBird & Ninja during the speed run. :D
Hey Ted,

Richard ran one of his CMB Valvola powered Brad Christy BlackJack hydros at the speed run last year, not a Chris Wood BlackBird.
biggrin.gif
O.k. Larry, So I got it mixed-up... I'm the one that took that darn picture - for crying out loud.. :lol:

The closest worldmart I have is in Florida, Man you guys are at the end of the map lol Let me make some thing clear, I have great respect for those pioneers of tunnel boat racing and yes, I have learned a lot from all of them, infact I would not be the competitor I am now without their help! Tommy Lee, Allen Elzer, Gary P., Rod G. Mark Hopper, The Woods, I have spoke with them but never did get a chance to get on of the Black birds. John Otto, never talked to him, but read his theory's in John Finches magazines. I have never known a tunnel hull designer in Cali/ every thing that I ran or did was from a direct result from those guys, I might be a hybrid, I brought the Leecraft here, and stocked them in the hobby shop that I ran, along with HTB's and Allen's prop cuping tool. When I started racing, every one was running a dumas with a throttle exhaust, I know it had to be a better way. I asked around and my first contact was Gary P. he was my teacher, and I have the most respect for him and his always. He sent me my first LeeCraft, I then put the first Rossi on it, Oh I left out Jim Irwin, we also stocked his pipes, bought over 20 of them maybe more. They all laugh at me and my set-up saying that will never work, I was not accepted then much like now, by 1998, 1999, and 2000. there were no more dumas boats, or Aero Techs, it was a changing of the guard, When it comes to tunnel boats, yes the mecca is there, heck we don't even have tunnel boat race in Namba any more, which is so sad. being able to come and race with you guys will be awesome, knowing some where Tunnels will never die.

and neither will this thread lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest worldmart I have is in Florida, Man you guys are at the end of the map lol Let me make some thing clear, I have great respect for those pioneers of tunnel boat racing and yes, I have learned a lot from all of them, infact I would not be the competitor I am now without their help! Tommy Lee, Allen Elzer, Gary P., Rod G. Mark Hopper, The Woods, I have spoke with them but never did get a chance to get on of the Black birds. John Otto, never talked to him, but read his theory's in John Finches magazines. I have never known a tunnel hull designer in Cali/ every thing that I ran or did was from a direct result from those guys, I might be a hybrid, I brought the Leecraft here, and stocked them in the hobby shop that I ran, along with HTB's and Allen's prop cuping tool. When I started racing, every one was running a dumas with a throttle exhaust, I know it had to be a better way. I asked around and my first contact was Gary P. he was my teacher, and I have the most respect for him and his always. He sent me my first LeeCraft, I then put the first Rossi on it, Oh I left out Jim Irwin, we also stocked his pipes, bought over 20 of them maybe more. They all laugh at me and my set-up saying that will never work, I was not accepted then much like now, by 1998, 1999, and 2000. there were no more dumas boats, or Aero Techs, it was a changing of the guard, When it comes to tunnel boats, yes the mecca is there, heck we don't even have tunnel boat race in Namba any more, which is so sad. being able to come and race with you guys will be awesome, knowing some where Tunnels will never die.

and neither will this thread lol
Baxter, just an observation. "I was not accepted then much like now," This is NOT true... These guys aren't NOT accepting you... You just made some claims and THEY want you to bring-it-on... You can't come onto the Tunnel world - talk a little smack - and expect nothing to come from it... Your claims maybe justified.. Just send me a ticket and a room in one of those time-shares and I'll be there. B)

Hey Ted,

biggrin.gif
O.k. Larry, So I got it mixed-up... I'm the one that took that darn picture - for crying out loud.. :lol:
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
Just jerkin your chain Ted blow up your copy of the picture on your computer and read what it says on the sponsons.
wink.gif

Just one more post and I'll just sit back and watch. Something that Jay H. said: "I’ve run that boat for over 15 years, and know its competitive now and years ago. I’m probably one of the few guys in this hobby that has literally never rigged a radio box or set up my own boat, so I definitely fall into the category of just a driver." Jay, I hope what I said to your Dad - didn't hit a nerve.. Dad's can be a special breed... They Grumble and complain about having to fix their kid's boat all the time(I do for Mine). But deep down - they(Dads)would like nothing less!! ;) I think about the oppurtunity all the time, and I'm sure your Dad does too.

Hey Ted,

biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
Just jerkin your chain Ted blow up your copy of the picture on your computer and read what it says on the sponsons.
wink.gif
Wow!! I see it now... :D Hey, is that my radio in the background? I was wondering where I left that? :huh:

Ted:

Definitely didn’t offend me, in fact didn’t think much of it until you mentioned it, but thank you for the consideration. Lots of people read these posts looking for information, and you see diverse opinions. I’ve seen Mike Z, give the exact set up, Prop, motor position, Act…, on a VS1 (Villian), boat he’s won multiple national titles with. Then see someone with very little experience give set up advice on the same post. For new racers it’s sometimes hard to know who’s who here. I made the comment about never rigging a radio box, so those reading can have a little better back ground on me, so readers might then have a better understanding of my opinion. I’ve been racing tunnels since I was 8, I understand the terms and theories, but if you give me a boat and wrenches, asked me to make it work, I’m going to just hand everything back to you. But as a driver not too many in the hobby have run more heats. I can usually pick up a radio put two laps on a boat, and tell you quickly what needs to change. After those two laps I’ll tell you to speak with my dad about how it needs to be done.

As for my dad I couldn’t agree more with knowing how happy it makes my dad feel to see me do well. Over the years every US-1, and World Tunnel will I’ve won, has been because the day or week before the race, He’s taking parts off of one of his boats, to make me faster and give me a better chance to win, even when he’s in the exact same classes I’m running. At the Nats in 2009 literally 20 min before the first heat, he gave me his complete set up for 20 mod, had he kept his boat the trophy would have a different name on it. Truly cannot say enough about my relationship with my dad, since I was a kid he always put me before him, and even now still doing it, truly how a great role model of how to be a dad. I also have my own little guys now, and understand the joy, of wanting to see your kids to well, even if I have to give something up in return. I appreciate everything, thank you Dad.

Ted:

Definitely didnt offend me, in fact didnt think much of it until you mentioned it, but thank you for the consideration. Lots of people read these posts looking for information, and you see diverse opinions. Ive seen Mike Z, give the exact set up, Prop, motor position, Act…, on a VS1 (Villian), boat hes won multiple national titles with. Then see someone with very little experience give set up advice on the same post. For new racers its sometimes hard to know whos who here. I made the comment about never rigging a radio box, so those reading can have a little better back ground on me, so readers might then have a better understanding of my opinion. Ive been racing tunnels since I was 8, I understand the terms and theories, but if you give me a boat and wrenches, asked me to make it work, Im going to just hand everything back to you. But as a driver not too many in the hobby have run more heats. I can usually pick up a radio put two laps on a boat, and tell you quickly what needs to change. After those two laps Ill tell you to speak with my dad about how it needs to be done.

As for my dad I couldnt agree more with knowing how happy it makes my dad feel to see me do well. Over the years every US-1, and World Tunnel will Ive won, has been because the day or week before the race, Hes taking parts off of one of his boats, to make me faster and give me a better chance to win, even when hes in the exact same classes Im running. At the Nats in 2009 literally 20 min before the first heat, he gave me his complete set up for 20 mod, had he kept his boat the trophy would have a different name on it. Truly cannot say enough about my relationship with my dad, since I was a kid he always put me before him, and even now still doing it, truly how a great role model of how to be a dad. I also have my own little guys now, and understand the joy, of wanting to see your kids to well, even if I have to give something up in return. I appreciate everything, thank you Dad.
Jay is really telling half the story. At the Internats we were using pedal bikes to go from the race to the RV in the campgroud. I fell off my bike (gettin old) stuck the handle bar into my chest, nocked the wind out of me an cut my leg. I limp back to the trailer bleeding and walk in trying to tell him what I did. His words as he's walking by me with his boat in hand to run the next heat was "Buck up Dad we got a race to run here." All I can say if Baxter beats him I'll be lookin for my next driver in a video arcade. Some of them 12 year olds have got some skills. :D Mitch and I have discussed the next generation (Jay & Jr.) (Baxter you'll get to meet him in the .21 class) is taking over. like Ted also this hobby is a family outing. Least thata what I tell my wife when she see's the credit card bill.

Ok put the hankies away and Jay get back to work so we have some money to buy more Drake power. I don't think he'll let his new adopted son get "outpowered". If you haven't seen a Drake Nelson go yet you haven't raced around here.

Mic

Ted:

Definitely didn't offend me, in fact didn't think much of it until you mentioned it, but thank you for the consideration. Lots of people read these posts looking for information, and you see diverse opinions. I've seen Mike Z, give the exact set up, Prop, motor position, Act…, on a VS1 (Villian), boat he's won multiple national titles with. Then see someone with very little experience give set up advice on the same post. For new racers it's sometimes hard to know who's who here. I made the comment about never rigging a radio box, so those reading can have a little better back ground on me, so readers might then have a better understanding of my opinion. I've been racing tunnels since I was 8, I understand the terms and theories, but if you give me a boat and wrenches, asked me to make it work, I'm going to just hand everything back to you. But as a driver not too many in the hobby have run more heats. I can usually pick up a radio put two laps on a boat, and tell you quickly what needs to change. After those two laps I'll tell you to speak with my dad about how it needs to be done.

As for my dad I couldn't agree more with knowing how happy it makes my dad feel to see me do well. Over the years every US-1, and World Tunnel will I've won, has been because the day or week before the race, He's taking parts off of one of his boats, to make me faster and give me a better chance to win, even when he's in the exact same classes I'm running. At the Nats in 2009 literally 20 min before the first heat, he gave me his complete set up for 20 mod, had he kept his boat the trophy would have a different name on it. Truly cannot say enough about my relationship with my dad, since I was a kid he always put me before him, and even now still doing it, truly how a great role model of how to be a dad. I also have my own little guys now, and understand the joy, of wanting to see your kids to well, even if I have to give something up in return. I appreciate everything, thank you Dad.
**** Jay,

You made me cry.

Jay is cool I like him a lot, it will be awesome when we meet. That nelson must be a hot motor? I have raced against them but at that time no one had the bugs worked out, I will be running the 45 Rossi, and the 35+ in 20 class. But like Jay says you have to drive, just likke golf, you drive for the show (speed) but putt for the doe (driving)I have seen Jays driving in a race where he was clearly out powered and went on to win that race, The other racer was all over the place??? hats off Jay!

Oh Jay keeps his cool and does not get spooked, So me leading him into a turn too fast, he might not go for lol

Geeeze Jay, I think Mic spoils you a bit too much...Sounds like my Wife, they say she is a better driver than me ;) but I try to make sure she never beats me HAHAHA....(what ever it takes) lol

Mic
Man you guys get up early in Minnesota. This thing almost died but I think Ron is stirring up the pot. :p Baxter might be smoking pot. :eek: Doug Carter better send me a commission cause I'm sure he sold a copy of the 2010 & 2011 WTC's yesterday. Kinda reminds me of Tom Cruise's line in Days of Thunder when he explained where he learned to drive stock cars, "Watched it on TV" B) Watch and learn Grasshoppers cause a few of us have run that South Carolina pond a bit. Only the Godfather knows where the boddies are buried back in the swamp. :ph34r:

Some where in here we will open the discussion to the .21 mod class! Fingers must be sleepin in this morning.

Mic

Sorry Mic,

Didn't mean to stir things back up but you guys were having so much fun I couldn't resist.......... B)

Back