leecraft 7.5 hull modifications need help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Krienke

Had a hull come off ebay today and was crushed in the front from bad packing so im going to do some hull reworking here and was talking to jim irwin about how he had took the stumble blocks out and Cut from the front to the CG on the inside of each sponson at a 45 degree angle back to the cg and said it really worked . wondered if anyone has tried this or any other tricks to make this a good boat again?and pictures of anything you have would so help me also . thanks Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a hull come off ebay today and was crushed in the front from bad packing so im going to do some hull reworking here and was talking to jim irwin about how he had took the stumble blocks out and Cut from the front to the CG on the inside of each sponson at a 45 degree angle back to the cg and said it really worked . wondered if anyone has tried this or any other tricks to make this a good boat again?and pictures of anything you have would so help me also . thanks Dave
dave i talked with jim irwin and did what you are asking about on my woodstuff 7.5 cmb convert and he was right it works greet i will continue doing ths trick to all of my tunnels

thats great that youve done it . can you shoot me a pic of it so i can have something to go by ? i would really apreciate it . ttysoon thanks Dave

thats great that youve done it . can you shoot me a pic of it so i can have something to go by ? i would really apreciate it . ttysoon thanks Dave
Your talking about taking the edge of the inside of the sponson to the c-g right? this should help cornering without tripping so much. Of course when in the heat of a race water gets dirty unless your at the point saying catch me if you can. Im getting ready to do a HTB360 build and wondered if any one still did this mod. I have not raced a 40 tunnel since the Aerotech days. I still have a 40 boat lurking off bouy 4 in our pond. Reminds me of PINKS LOSE the race and LOSE your RIDE........Mike

the raffle boat jr. won at the tunnel champs from obnut came with this mod incorporated into the build.

Your talking about taking the edge of the inside of the sponson to the c-g right? this should help cornering without tripping so much. Of course when in the heat of a race water gets dirty unless your at the point saying catch me if you can. Im getting ready to do a HTB360 build and wondered if any one still did this mod. I have not raced a 40 tunnel since the Aerotech days. I still have a 40 boat lurking off bouy 4 in our pond. Reminds me of PINKS LOSE the race and LOSE your RIDE........Mike
I have talked to Jim Irwin in the past about this and have seen him do this to all of his tunnels. I have done this to a few top speed 2's but I havent and wont change my HTB's or my Villian. Just my 2 cents.

scott, no need to do it to a villain, those boats go where you point them ;) . they don't have any bad habits, just bad setups............

scott, no need to do it to a villain, those boats go where you point them ;) . they don't have any bad habits, just bad setups............
Rodger that...all of my HTB's are the same way and I dont think I would mod a Lee Craft either.

Rodger that...all of my HTB's are the same way and I dont think I would mod a Lee Craft either.
I never had any handling problems with XT460 Leecraft boats, and I have had two of them.
There you go sounds like no mods other than what LeeCraft tells you to do.Aka weight in the front sponsons and blueprinting the rear of sponsons

Back