Latest Oval Express Racing Build. Villain S1 EXTREME

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesnt really look anything like the SAW boat. I learned a long time a SAW dedicated boat does NOT make a good heat racer. here are a coupe pics of the old SAW boat sponsons. The boat may be coming out of retirement soon as a FE project :ph34r:

~James

IMG_0096-1.jpg

IMG_0094-1.jpg

I thought that was what you might have meant after I looked at the SAW boat, its been a while since ive even looked at it! I added that balsa peice as an after thought, yes its the same principle as what is on the SAW boat.

~James :p

I got the boat finished up tonight, the radio box portion of it atleast. really the only thing left to do is run new fuel line, and give the whole thing a once over. Here are more pics... (shooting for the record amount of pics by one person in the same thread...lol)

~James

Finishing up the wiring, arranging, and added some paper towels to absorb any moisture.

IMG_0105-1.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107-1.jpg

Fabbed up a quick little carbon fiber antenna bracket.

IMG_0108-1.jpg

Radio box complete except for the switch control.

IMG_0112-2.jpg

IMG_0110-1.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

I had to get creative with the switch rod. Usually the switches "knob" is high enough to drill a hole and just hook a pushrod through the the side of it, but this one was very short after mounting it through the wood. I decided to drill a small hole from the top, straight though the "knob" and made this tiny closed clevis deal. Its a 4-40 pushrod and a small washer, a little silver solder and the rest is history. The tube that goes though the radio box is carbon, and a peice of fuel tubing slipped over it and the 4-40 rod provide a great seal. I run my switch rods all the way out the back so the retrieve boat can turn it off easily. I HATE having to remove a cowl to turn off the boat!

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0115-1.jpg

Finished product.

IMG_0122.jpg

Im severly jealous my good friend! That IS the NICEST BOAT I HAVE EVER SEEN! Great job James, all I can say is WoW Great job rusty on the paint too, I see james has DEEP pockets :p ;)

I've been watching the build of this boat with great interest. The photographic record of each step, the detail included and the quality of the photos are fantastic!

It is a great help for a newbie like me to see your ideas and approach, thanks very much.

I'm looking forward to seeing this project hit the water and hopefully you will be able to provide a similar photographic record of the tuning and development of this beautiful looking boat.

Regards,

James

James I have a part you might be interested in.. what is the distance between the cables on the servo horn.. and no its not a Hanger 9 pile of S#@$... pull pull wheel.. man the broaching is horrible on those wheels..

Grim

Hey Mike.... distance measures 1.200" on the horn where the cables are. :ph34r: I like suprises...

~James

Back