Last chance on a Sport Hydro rule for 2006

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Here we go again! :angry: Here's the deal, that yellow boat is clearly NOT IN THE SPIRIT of the class! Frank's shovel IS clearly in the "spirit" of the class. I could care less about the dimentions of EITHER boat, just by looking at them I can judge what shouldn't be run. Everybody has to be a friggin lawer and disect the rules, give it a rest.

Paul.

Hi Guys,

Here we go again! :angry: Here's the deal, that yellow boat is clearly NOT IN THE SPIRIT of the class! Frank's shovel IS clearly in the "spirit" of the class. I could care less about the dimentions of EITHER boat, just by looking at them I can judge what shouldn't be run. Everybody has to be a friggin lawer and disect the rules, give it a rest.

Paul.

Thank you.

I was happy seeing it get nitpicked for awhile as an attempt to iron out the bugs, but we not measuring a restrictor plate here. Sport Hydro is a class that ought to be between scale and unlimited. As close to the middle as possible.

The Sport class is by its very nature grey. It was born grey, raised grey and will die grey. The proposal simply attempts to narrow and define the grey. Loopholes go with the territory.

Loopholes go with the territory.
Interesting...

This is racing... EXPLOITING loopholes comes with the territory as well... so people should NOT get pissed off when someone does...

It's a very interesting twist you guys throw into this hobby... leaving the final "ruling" to popular opinion and peer pressure... rather than the written rule... :blink:

That's going to take a bit of getting used to, coming from a "if it doesn't say you can, you can't" autoracing background... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always Batavia Paul :D

Hi Guys,

Paul.

So please help me understand.WHY are you guys so against a lobster boat running in sport hydro.Somebody please clear this up for me.personally I just dont see the problem.I mean hell just how many BUd boats and larsonys can one stand.There is nothing cooler to me than seeing a new boat show up at a race.I would love to see a list of hulls for P and a hull list for Q that are available and in your opinion LEGAL,It shouldnt take very long.

Well Dennis, Depends on how you think. Alot of people have run for instance a DPI T-Plus and have not been disqualified but now you vetrans like Mr. InKUNZsistancy say they are ilegel because of the vents. If the people who have been racing for three or more years can't even keep the rules straight how are new people supossed to? The people who have been racing for years with unclear rules and subject to interpretation where ever the wind blows have nobody but them selfs to blame for members getting together and changing it. Something should have been done in the past but it wasn't. Now you can vote yes or no, and by the way all you guy's out there that have wives complaining about you fixing the screen door for years..... better fix it or your wife will also find a better way to get things done.

Love ya all Jeff

So please help me understand.WHY are you guys so against a lobster boat running in sport hydro.
I don't know of anyone that is against them, if it's a scale model of a real boat.

The problem many see is if you broadly spec Sport measurements to allow a lobster boat (it's currently a 4 in. tub on a 27+ in. hydro), then you open the door for someone to cross the line with a modified rigger.

Most of us will be unaffected by the change, NO boats currently running will be made illegal by it, and some that have been running illegally are now legal.

• No length restrictions.
  • The class more clearly explained.
  • Twin Wings, Proboats and others now legal.
  • N2 Sport will be official.
  • No hull currently running excluded.
  • No confusion for a newcomer who is currently led through a maze of sections to find out what's legal but is still left scrathin' their head.
What's not to like?

KEVIN!! See the "Hearn Clause" in 3g the updated draft. Had a great talk with Frank and ordered two hulls. :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reading this reminded me of somethighn I was at a big event recently and watching 1/8 scale - there was a Winston Eagle Lobster 11cc engine and a 68 Miss US 11cc engine - the old shovel hosed the lobster by at least 1/2 a lap - and not just once either consistently - Lobsters are not the threat they seem

OH and Larsony relief is on the way lol

Back