Kevlar .12 Rigger Project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These 1/16" dowels are glued in and go all the way through the sponson.

Are any of you other guys beginning to feel like me? That maybe your latest rigger design should actually be in a museum! ;D ;D

Thanks for the nice complements, being able to share projects here makes it much more enjoyable for me.

Wade came up with a JD 30" KOF. I already have the JD 30 plans.

No time for sleep to many ideas.

-MikeP

I finished it this weekend, I decided to let the fresh coat of epoxy cure before getting fuel on it. I made this mistake before. It will be ok for next weekend.

Finished weight is 1lb 13.5 oz. This is close to the same weight as my last wood hull.

I also added some weight to this hull the wood hull didn't have, Rx switch, bigger Rx battery.

-MikeP

Mike,

1st class item! you really have outdone yourself again - truly amazing. I guess seeing how you have the mold you can make more of these boats?

1 question regarding the kevlar - how stiff is the stuff? does the tub have much rigidity?

Tim.

Thanks Tim,

The hatch openings for the fuel cell and radio gear are a little flexable at the sides where the edges are flat. the engine compartment where the top edge is curved is not. The hull assembly is very ridged I can not get any flex at all.

Tom

Again, I would like to complement you on the FF .12 .21. It can't be easy to design a boat for others to assemble.

Can't wait to get a .21.

-MikeP

Back