KEP's FE-2S Mini Freebie

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niklas Edlund

Just knocked out an extra KEP's FE-2S Mini Freebie in similar size as the JAE Mini Sprint.

No, I've not built one (yet), it's just drawn to the best specs I can think of.
default_smile.png

Have fun building!

http://www.ne-stuff.net/2016/03/keps-fe-2s-freebie.html

/Niklas

KEPs-FE2S-Mini-Freebie-A2-594x420mm.pdf

KEPs-FE-2S-Mini.jpg

KEPs-FE-2S-Mini_vs_FE-4S-P-Open.jpg

KEPs-FE2S-Mini-Freebie.png

Attachments

• KEPs-FE2S-Mini-Freebie-A2-594x420mm.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Niklas,

For me this is extra cool. I don't know if you remember, but I had asked you how you thought a scaled down 4SL would work. This really rings my bell. The only pond near me is kind of restricted in size, and it's great for my Minisprint. I can't wait to get one of these going! It's next on my list after my 4SL is finished.

Many Thanks,Bob

Niklas,

For me this is extra cool. I don't know if you remember, but I had asked you how you thought a scaled down 4SL would work. This really rings my bell. The only pond near me is kind of restricted in size, and it's great for my Minisprint. I can't wait to get one of these going! It's next on my list after my 4SL is finished.

Many Thanks,Bob
Hi Bob, yes I remember. Thats is basically why I did it and its a cool little rigger to play around with (I hope).
default_smile.png

/Niklas

What flex and tubing would you suggest for this one?

- A .150" flex with 1/8" shaft?

- Does Hughey have any flex that would work?

- I aim at using a Traxxas Velineon 380 motor (1/8" shaft) - what coupler?

- Prop suggestion for that (4000kv) on 3S?
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tommy,

So you use the teflon liner all the way down to the end of the flex tube and use that as the prop shaft bushing also?

Niklas,

I'd probably use the same stuff as the Zippkits Minisprint. 1/8" shaft, 1/8" flex. I'm running my mini with a 3500kv outrunner I think a HK 60amp Blue ESC and a 430 prop. No water on anything. It gets pretty warm. I'm thinking about a 431, but I'll really have to watch the temps.I don't use any liner in the stuffing tube. 2200mah 3s should fit. I'll probably try a similar setup in the new mini design.

Regards,

Bob

No Nicklas you run the teflon to about 1/8" from where the flex and prop shaft come together and you run a brass bushing.

Hi Niklas,

I did some measuring this morning. My flex shaft actually measures .130" with a stub shaft of .156". The stub shaft steps down to .125"for the prop. The tube itself measures .187" OD and .156" ID. The end of the tube where exits the ski has a piece of .187"ID x.220"OD tube 1.25" long over it for reinforcement. My boat uses no strut. It all seems to work fine. It's also about as light as you can get and still be strong enough. The only thing that might be better would probably be a wire drive. My Minisprint was built from the Zippkits kit. and this is what the instructions called for. In fact this hardware comes with the kit. I hopes this helps.

Regards,

Bob

Niklas,

The wire drive system is the way to go in my opinion,and many others use it

with smaller 12-Hydros. Octura should have the collets and the drive

shafts already drilled out. Jeff Wohlt has the best wire drives in the country.

They are AWESOME, and Jeff is a super nice guy with great customer

service.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Niklas,

Did you decide to go wire or flex? If you went with wire, I would love to hear about the setup. I never did a wire setup, and would like to know how it's done. Do you have to use a strut?

Bob

I will use flex as this a fun boat for me. Much easier (i think) to keep water out from the tub also. In my boat I will keep the ski and tub open/connected so to speak (oversized flex hole in tub bottom) with a sealed transom on the ski. Just keeping it simple.
default_smile.png

Back