KEP's FE-4S P-Open Freebie Drawings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niklas Edlund

Just published the KEP's FE-4S P-Open Freebie Drawings.

Download. Build it. Have Fun.

http://www.ne-stuff.net/2016/02/keps-fe-4s-p-open-freebie.html

KEPs-FE4S-promo.png

KEPs-FE4S-A1-594x841mm-1of2.png

KEPs-FE4S-A1-594x841mm-2of2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Niklas,

Now we need to know what propellers work the best on it?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Niklas,

Now we need to know what propellers work the best on it?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
I hope to be able to make a list of props within a couple of weeks. Have a few friends that need props also (FE and nitro). For myself I like the KV to be on the higher end so one dont need to go too far up regarding pitch (and cup) etc.
default_wink.png

Brad,

I have too many boats in the marina downstairs as it is.

I will be concentrating on mostly 12-Hydros & 21-Hydros

this year. Hope we can get ready for a few record trials

this year?

Thanks,

Mark

Good to hear Mark, let me know how the second 12 boat is running with the different ski. Did you get cowls made for them, any photos? Been busy building T3's and doing some 4S T3's .

Brad

Niklas,Thanks for the beautiful plans again. Brad is building me the the P-Limited boat. I would love to hear some suggestions for props for that boat as well. I plan on running a 36-60 2550 kv motor. I have a 120 amp ESC coming. I hope that's big enough. Do you think that will be okay? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Horowitz

Niklas,Thanks for the beautiful plans again. Brad is building me the the P-Limited boat. I would love to hear some suggestions for props for that boat as well. I plan on running a 36-60 2550 kv motor. I have a 120 amp ESC coming. I hope that's big enough. Do you think that will be okay? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Horowitz
Hi Bob, sorry but Im not the one to suggest any optimized props for that set-up I think. When we did the testing of the KEP's FE proto's we did test with a couple of SSS 3660 motors but the performance was not "super good". One was around 2300KV and the other 2700KV. None of them had any power to brag about and the 2700 one didn't want to rev either... Thats a reason why I did an slightly smaller FE-4SL P-Limited version as I guess it's easier to get them power limited ones going with less weight and size etc.
default_smile.png
The fastest we got the Limited ones go was around 95 kmh I think (around 60 mph). The fasted we radared the P-Open FE-4S proto was about 120 kmh (around 75 mph) I think.

If you use good and short wires, good connectors and good caps on the the 120A it won't be an issue I think.

Hi Niklas,

Brad is actually building a P -Limited boat for me, not the open boat. What props did you run on the P-Limited boat?

Hi Niklas,

Brad is actually building a P -Limited boat for me, not the open boat. What props did you run on the P-Limited boat?
I'll check. Note, so far we've only used the 3.5 props we have in stock so to speak. Ive got no "FE specific" prop as of yet. Need to charge the laptop where I have the Castle logger info. Give me 30 minutes until it lights up.
default_smile.png

FE-4SL P-Limited tests:

SSS 3660-2700KV: 50x69 prop with 3.21 cup - 98.7 kmh (61 mph). Average amps: 46.1, peak amp: 125. Max rpm: 31287

SSS 3660-2700KV: 1445 with 3.2 cup - around 96 kmh (59.6 mph). Average amps: 73.8, peak amps: 111. Max rpm: 33834

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

If the new boat runs like others on spec power, an ABC 1817-17 would be a good place to start if running the 2030 kV motor. You'll need to prop up if you're running one of the lower kV motors.

Brian,

I actually have a 3660 2550KV

motor I want to use for now. Would you suggest something else with that motor, or should I still start with the 1817. This is only my second boat, so I need all the help I can get. I really appreciate your help and time. I realize that it's probably class legal, but that's okay for now.

Thanks,

Bob

Cool stuff! How much run time do you get,if I where testing a P-Limited outrigger?

Joel

Cool stuff! How much run time do you get,if I where testing a P-Limited outrigger?

Joel
Note, when we tested it in "P-Limited" spec, the boat, esc and batteries was the same as when we tested it in full P spec so to speak. The reason we tested the smaller motors was to see if we wanted to go that route in our first FE outrigger class in Sweden. So we did some basic testing to see if we wanted to run that. We never really optimized the set-up regarding load, revs and props etc. I ran it with dual paralell 4S 2200's, 2650's and 3300's. Tested with single 3300's also and the way we ran them, run-time was not an issue (6 race laps + a couple more).

Brian,

I actually have a 3660 2550KV

motor I want to use for now. Would you suggest something else with that motor, or should I still start with the 1817. This is only my second boat, so I need all the help I can get. I really appreciate your help and time. I realize that it's probably class legal, but that's okay for now.

Thanks,

Bob
Drop down to a 1716-17

Back