Kalamazoo Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's a drive! From the Queen City, you're looking at about a 350 mile drive.

OK, take I-475 (I think it is) to I-75 to I-94 west. go to exit 81 (I-94 business loop) to the second light, Sprinkle Road. If you miss exit 81, go to the next one as that is Sprinkle road also but just more hassle. Turn right (north) to East Michigan Ave. just over the 3 bridges. Left there to the second light and turn right. North past the second traffic light (see a pattern here? :) ) past until you see a body shop and the Kalamazoo Township Police station on the other side of the cemetary. Go up the hill and as you get near the top, look for the park sign almost hidden behind a stockade fence. If you go as far as the water tower, you went just a little too far. You'll see us towards the SW corner.

[update] An alternate route would be to hit the Indiana toll road when you get up by Toledo and take that across until you hit I-69 then north to I-94. We went that route when we hit the Toledo show in April, it's a much nicer drive than hassling with the traffic on I-94 at the east end of the state.

Mike, US-131 south to the first Kalamazoo exit just past the "D" Ave. rest area, the US-131 BL. Get off at Douglas Ave., the first exit. Turn left then right at the light at Mosel Ave. Take that all the way to the end which dead-ends into Virginia Ave. Turn right to the end of that and it will run into Mount Olivet. A quick right and in about 300 feet is the park entrance.

Last edited by a moderator:
ron 75's alright if he's coming from cincy, but there are better ways. sides 75 runs you east into detroit and I think it's still under construction. 94 is under construction in detroit near the interchange... it's just a mess.

Thanx for the directions for me, i got it now :)

Zion some beter routes

When I was running cincy to home (north of kzoo) I would run either 74 east to 465, from 465 to 69 up to 94, then you can follow the rest of the road and shave about an hour/hour and a half of time off what ron told you (trust me on this one) plus about 100 miles

the other way i would run alot would be 75 north to lima. get on 33 west and follow it to 27 north, continue on 27 till 469. take 469 north (west) to 69, 69 north to 94 west. takes abotu the same time, little less distance traveled, but more country roads.

if you really like country roads you can take 33 to 27 noth, keep folowing 27 into the city. take 930 (30/33) west to 33 split. take 33 north to 6. 6 west, to 13 north. follow 13 north, it'll change to 131 at the state line. keep following and take the directions that ron left for me ;) again shaves some miles, but takes about the same ammount of time. i used to run this when i wanted to stop at a buddies place, or just get the heck off a highway.

If your really in love with the 75 route avoid following it into detroit (construction) run it north to 475, take 475 west to 23 north, then 23 to 94 west. it's quicker, avoids most of toledo and detroit. making it an easier and faster trip.

if you want PM me and i can give you more detailed (with milage reports) directions and maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, great info for the directions.....i'm preparing my 4 nitro boats now for this fun run for a non- stop fun :D

Ron, i heard somebody with hydro-foamie will show-up there? if he don't mind :unsure: helping me to run and fly, i'll bring it.....

jul

Yes, you heard right. He'll have limited time there as he told me that he has to work later in the day. I'll be contacting him again to remind him of the event plus the LHS near us has the fliers so hopefully he picked one up.

For you out-of-towners, I'll try to get you a weather forecast for the event so if the weather is predicted to be bad, you'll have an advanced warning. At Fun Run 2, we had a nasty storm come through shortly after Don Templeton, his wife and dog showed up so he didn't get much time on the water. He drove all the way up from Indy for just a few minutes on the water. He did give us a Helluva show though.

For those who might get lost coming into town, my wife should be home so you can call her for directions at 269-345-9870.

Thanks Ron,

Even though I only had about an hour or two with the group it was well worth the drive and it was great to meet all of you. Not only that but we spent another day or two going up the coast of lake michigan and having a ball with the wife in those little coastal towns.

Unfortunatly, that was in June and since then you have been having it on the memorial day weekend. As you know I live in INDY where we have a little race on that weekend called the INDY 500. A lot of get togethers and cook outs and people staying at our house from out of town.

I would give anything to be with you guys this time but the date just won't work out.

Hope you all have great weather and a great time. I'll really miss you all.

Don :(

well guys, I am going to do my best to show up, but my plans have changed a little.

You see I got in with the company I have been trying to get into for awhile. They are sending me to Iowa for atleast the next two weeks. Being as you guys planed it on Memorial weekend, I should have the time to come home, but It will depend on what time we finish before i can start heading back here. I may just have to spend friday night in chi-town area or something like that.

Mike, Either way, I'll bring your Pay-n-Pak

I'm getting my boats ready. I doubt That i'll bring my Drag-n-fly though. money is really tight, I I would much rather put the limited fuel that I have in my HH12, my BAW tunnel, or the Wild Thing. That, & I'm not sure if I'll have the room in my car for them all.

see you all in a few weeks!

Well so far it sounds like I will be able to make it for a few hours.

Wade let me know whe you plan on heading down. Maybe we can meet up some where and head down together. Also if the weather breaks this week maybe we can get to the lake one day after work.

Wade, don't sweat the fuel thing, I'll have plenty. If not, I'm only a few minutes from the house or we can call Brenda.

Mike, if you don't have a boat to run, I could let you drive one of mine to get you some time on the water.

If you drive in from Chicago, just go to exit 80 and follow the directions just like coming in from the east.

Mike, I'll have a boat for you to run also. All boats are being worked on to come up. Hopefully will have the 34" WOF painted before the trip.

Does anyone need fuel? Certain that a trip to Wildcat will be in order before the drive up..

Don't go out of the way for me but if you do, I'd like to try something in the 55-65% range, a gallon or two.

Ron,

I won't be going out of my way since I'll need fuel before heading up. If you want 55%, then mix a gallon of 45% and 65% together. They don't carry 55%... :eek:

Looks like rain in Cincy, no testing today... :angry: Maybe later this week.... B)

45% I've got. I'll take some 65% then.

We've got rain predicted for the next week. I'm hoping that it will burn itself out before the big day.

thanx guys :) talked to my boss today, and he is not planning on being here during that weekend so I should be able to make the trip home, but we'll know for sure later this week.

Steve,

Sounds good I have all my batteries charged & I almost have Missy's Wild Thing put back together after doing a repair to the bottom seam.

Wade

Good news people! The local radio station just predicted a high of 88 for Saturday. The TV station websites are showing overcast skies but I'll take that over all of the rain that we've been having the past few weeks.

I'll probably head up to Wal-mart yet this afternoon to pick up another Leakin' Lena.

Ron, will you be setting up any bouys? I've got a couple of Tide bottles that can be brought up if needed.

I've got some left over from last year and Brenda has been saving some for me so I should be set on those.

Well, I for one can't wait until Saturday. I have my boats all ready!!

See you all in a week!! :D

Latest posts

Back