Kalamazoo Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

Is there going to ba a fun run? I haven't heard anything or read anything more about it. Last I heard that it was going to be on Saturday of Memorial Weekend. Is this still the case? Who is planning on it?

I am for sure. After a fall & winter of School, I need to burn some Nitro on the water!

As far as I know we're still on. I need to get up to the DNR office in Plainwell this week or next to get the Regatta permit if you guys think that we need one. Some like the buoys and others ignore them. I try to set them up so that the weed bed is inside of them. I need the permit only because of the buoys as they consider it a race course no matter what size boats that are used on it.

I would like to get an idea of how many are showing up. I've got fliers that will be going in the Hobby Shops this weekend.

Look back a page or three as I did do some updating last week.

Right now Iv'e got a guy who lives about a mile north of the park who is supposed to be stopping by with his Hydro-Foam/Hydro-Plane/whatever they're calling it this week. I'm working on an airboater from Gobles so you shouldn't feel alone if you bring yours along. :)

Just as an update so those of you who are planning to attend, The DNR Regatta permit has been submitted and there are fliers in the LHS's.

I'd like to get a rough head count as to how many from this site are planning on attending.

Ron,

Thanks again for putting in for the permits.

I'll be there, & most likely my oldest boy, & maybe my youngest one as well.

The official date is Saturday 27th correct?

Just want to make sure, so that I can have my boats back in order by then.

I am really looking forward to it after a long winter of classes & work!

I will see what I can do this year. I would really like to make it even if it is for a couple of hours. If I can't send me the pics and video again and I will put together a dvd of the day as I have in the past.

Wade,

Give me a shout. I may be able to go to the lake one of these afternoons coming up.

Steve,

My last test of teh semester in Wednesday night,& I am on 8hrs/day with my new job, so I could handle an afternoon at the lake. I 'll try to give you a call Thursday night. :D

Wade,

Sounds good. I am also on 8's at the moment. I am usually out by 2:30. give me a call and we will see if we can work something out

;) hey guys LTNS. back in GR for awhile hope to make it down. wade, I know i need servos for the boat, but there going to have to remain on the back list. would still be nice to see it though.

Mike, get that boat down here and you'll have servos for it waiting for you! I always carry spares.

The DNR regatta permit came in the mail yesterday.

I don't think that Dave Homer or his sons are coming. One is off to college in Ohio and the other is working. Dave is in the middle of moving from what one of his sons told me today.

I'll be there of course. My buddy John is also planning on coming down. Wish Dave and his sons could make it this year. The Mac is running hot. Thought Walt was planning on coming over also. Hopefully he'll catch this thread...

Off to fix / paint / complete a few boats....

Hi all, Wish I could say I'm doing well and I'd be out this year, but due to financial problems beyond my control, I'm losing a home and a vehicle, and it is very likely we'll be moving that weekend. It's a bit unnerving to have to move from a $100,000 home to a $600 trailer, but it has to be done, at least until the bankruptcy is discharged. In the long term this will work out better, right now it's going to be rough. Maybe next year I can get back into the fun run of things...

Yes, I knew about that but didn't want to say anything. I'm returning back to work today after being off for 3 months from the bypass surgery. I've been leaving messages on your answering machine but no return calls. I'd like to get hold of Ric and George to see if they want to show up and don't know if I have their phone numbers yet. Ric gave a me hard time last year because I didn't let him know.

I'll be there of course. My buddy John is also planning on coming down. Wish Dave and his sons could make it this year. The Mac is running hot. Thought Walt was planning on coming over also. Hopefully he'll catch this thread...

Off to fix / paint / complete a few boats....

Hey Mark,

I do plan on being there.I did put a few boats together already to come.I just need some water time 1st.

My buddy might not make it.We'll see. He has a marine repair shop and it is the 1st holiday weekend of the summer.Lots of boats to fix and have ready for his customers.He might be there late if he makes it at all.

After work I'm heading down to the local pond to play and get much needed driving time.

I build and build at night and don't get much time to play with them.So,I'm dangerous with a controller in my hands. :D When I drop a boat in,RUN FOR COVER! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also looking forward to meeting everyone.

Later,Walt

can i join? :rolleyes:

It's open to all boaters that want to venture up to K-Zoo for the day. I'm heading up Friday and coming back Sunday.

When I drop a boat in,RUN FOR COVER! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
If that is the case, them I'm going to make sure a camcorder is in hand.. Might just win $10K.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to meet ya also... B)

;) hey guys LTNS. back in GR for awhile hope to make it down. wade, I know i need servos for the boat, but there going to have to remain on the back list. would still be nice to see it though.

Mike, no problem, I'll make sue I bring it along. See you there!

Mike, get that boat down here and you'll have servos for it waiting for you! I always carry spares.
Ron, it needs a few more thing than just servos. it need a fuel tank, flex cable (after my blunder), push rods cut to length, servo mounts, pipe coupler, receiver, fuel hose, & a paint job. Maybe just a bit to much work to be done at at the fun run.

ZIonOB75, sure, anyone can show up! If you need directions, let me know where you're coming from and I'll give you the easiest route to the park.

Ron you gto a GPS for the park... or even just the name... I remember vaugley how to get there, but I want to put it on streets and trips JIC.

Dave sorry to hear about your problems... sounds like were singing similar songs, I hope that it gets better for you soon.

Wade :) I look forward to seeing it. I do have some paint i could use.. and a fuel tank (somewhere around here) just wish I had snagged one of grimmies when I had the chance. but alas still have to wait on the rest of the stuff for now.

Back