Just a thought

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,

You are wise beyond your years!

Yeah multiple forums...kinda like the old days when you had to get up to change the television station. Or adjust the ariel! :)
Maybe a wise a*&ss is all.

I don't remember those tv days. I started watching tv when we had cable. The cable box had push buttons and about a 10' cord and it never left my fathers side.

Hey no swearing thank you! :lol: j/k

There doesnt seem to be much useful information going on over there IMO lately...of course, every now and then somethign pops up, but generally more(or as much) is posted here

Kris

Mostly alot of silly banter. I like silly banter but very little real knowledge is shared.

I used to try and help on that board but gave up becouse so many others are much smarter than me.(heavy sarchasm)

A lot of others have mirrored Alan's sentiments. Folks with no cred telling guys with 10+ years of top-level competition under their belts how the cow ate the cabbage....frustrating. However, there are still a lot of newbies who visit that site for information (more than here for example) and if all the real experience leaves the board, a great diservice is done to the hobby. Regardless of your feelings for that board, I encourage anyone with experience to share it on both boards. We who enjoy what the hobby has given us owe it to the upcoming FE boaters to help them learn the right way. Just ignore the plethora of idiots with verbal diarreha and try to help the lurkers. B)

Hey...I'm here as well. Like Brooks...I just check this one and don't post as much. Probably better for you all that way :)

Anyway...I had an invite from a great builder some time ago saying come over here and join in. I did that. Yes, the other board has some of great expereience but as long as I see one with initials (JT) then I feel we have that and many others and that is as good as it gets.

I think what bothers me is a couple vendors from the other board refuse to go anywhere else...too bad for them as they miss out on business or their own input that can help grow the hobby.

First mention on the other board to come over and join us you can expect to be blocked. Something very wrong with that.

I appreciate these guys that have these sites.

I would like to see more vendor info here like cells and NEU motors and all that.

Maybe if we all take a few each and write them we can move some folks to the "light" side.

Folks with no cred telling guys with 10+ years of top-level competition under their belts how the cow ate the cabbage....frustrating. Regardless of your feelings for that board, I encourage anyone with experience to share it on both boards. We who enjoy what the hobby has given us owe it to the upcoming FE boaters to help them learn the right way.
I agree.

But equalling frustrating and bad for an organization is someone with 10+ years that tells newcomers they should keep their mouths shut and not get involved.

OK if they want to specify how many years of membership, numbers of races attended, miles travelled, Nats attended, ESCs fried, money spent, clubs started, races organized, members recruited etc. are required before one can try to make a contribution.

BTW, how DID the cow eat the cabbage? I suppose it depends on whether the cow was German or Irish. :D :D

[qoute]BTW, how DID the cow eat the cabbage? I suppose it depends on whether the cow was German or Irish. :D :D

HAH! My Dad was a tough old schooler. When he asked a question and it didn't get answered directly he would say "I asked what time it is...not how the friggen watch was made!"

Jay,

I do agree with your prior post. You have always been one to share your knowledge; I will always appreciate and respect that.

Latest posts

Back