Just a thought

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

I thought it very interesting that (on another forum) a friend of mine aired an observation. Basically stating that there had been some improper posts made between some vendors (like that's news).

I know the personalities on the other forum (and the way they run the forum) and see that it seems like an attack on the person who brought this to their attention. IMO they should have already been aware of the situation and dealt with the matter in a professional manner. I will not post on the other forum since (IMO again) I believe it to be quite biased and that decisions(on how the board is maintained) are decided by mere personal feeling towards individuals and not by the code they say they will.

So I am just venting a bit but I have a passion for my hobby and wish not for it to be a circus of soap opera of demeaning quality. Enough said for now.

The reason this has been posted here was to avoid the deleting and hacking of posts made on other forums by select moderators.

[quote name='AlanN' date='Feb 13 2006, 12:50 PM'

I will not post on the other forum since (IMO again) I believe it to be quite biased and that decisions(on how the board is maintained) are decided by mere personal feeling towards individuals and not by the code they say they will.

The reason this has been posted here was to avoid the deleting and hacking of posts made on other forums by select moderators.

AlanN

you are far from being alone in your opinion of the other forum's bias and slant on things Alan!

Ron

Alan,

I was just talking about the same thing yesterday. The part I like right now is the vendor that's being attacked by a moderator in the same fashion the vendor was reprimanded for. Nobody is saying anything to the moderator.

It's about as biased as it gets.

Brian

I'm going back to building now (new P Sport boat in the works) :D

Racing against that Larsony of yours got me thinking.

Hey Brian,

Hear ya.

Funny how after racing your mind keeps going long after the results are tallied. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You are not alone.

IW is a great alternative, how do we bring the good guys over? They know, but still they do not come.

Or maybe that's not true? Dick Crowe, Paul Pachmeyer, Kelly Brooks, Ray Fuller, etc have posted here. Still the red bored dominates. What a pity.

Ray

Allan

I understand your feeling. IMO the degree of censure of non-red views is too strong there

By helping create diversity you create a stronger sport

IW is a great alternative, how do we bring the good guys over?
easy just start good threads with good information. They will find there way here.

don't let threads turn into cat fights. and side track the orginal post.

I visit here at least 2 times a day I just don't post to much.

Hey Guys,

I'm here. :D When there's something here to comment on I post, more so than the "other" board. I used to post more often over there but the moderation sucks IMHO. I think the troubles really started when they broke the board down into to many sub-sections, it was much better when it was "simple". I still like looking at what people are doing though so I still visit once in the morning, used to be several times a day. :(

Paul.

One of the things that bugs me about the "other" board is the way they've split into umpteen different forums.

I can see 2 or 3 for various subject matter, but 20? Who's got the time to look through 20 friggin' forums to find out what's new?

Who's got the time to look through 20 friggin' forums to find out what's new?
In the upper right corner of the main forum page (right under the comment: "Welcome Back, Drobie") is a little link which says: View New Posts. It is the only way I use that board unless I'm searching for something. Why look at every forum manually - this is the 21st Century. Use the technology..... ;)

There once was a company called Westinghouse. Maybe you remember or have heard of them? They grew into a large company diversifying into many different markets. They were very successful for a while and grew to a world class supplier. Well there was a problem with that. They became so big that the entity was unmanageable. They sold off what they couldn't handle and now only operate a plant or 2.

Point: Keep it simple

Who's got the time to look through 20 friggin' forums to find out what's new?
In the upper right corner of the main forum page (right under the comment: "Welcome Back, Drobie") is a little link which says: View New Posts. It is the only way I use that board unless I'm searching for something. Why look at every forum manually - this is the 21st Century. Use the technology..... ;)

I use the same feature on this site

Yes but this forum doesn't resemble the outline of a High School chemistry problem.

Why look at every forum manually - this is the 21st Century. Use the technology..... ;)
Don't have time. I'm too busy managing my life with my PDA, answering the cell phone, managing music on my iPod, catching up on entertainment with Tivo and Netflix, analyzing run data with my Eagle Tree.......

:p :p

Good reminder Jay. I rarely start in the forum list.

Alan has a good point. Ever get frustrated with software you've used for a long time whose original functionality got lost in bells and whistles?

Just noticed that there was a similarly titled topic in the main forum on that other board.

It will be moved and burried in the bowels of topics.

'Tis a shame...I thought that it should be kept in the general forum for all to see and reflect upon.

moderator quote...

BTW... "as much as we might like to smack them, we still let them all post here"

oh thank you kind moderator sir...

i am so relieved that i don't have to live in fear of being smacked :lol: for having an opinion different than yours...

Ron

A forum is like any major mall/shopping center in the USA. It has anchor stores or in a forum sense, anchor users. Want to take the customers? Take the anchors.

I personally don't believe its as bad as you are all making it out to be.

The moderators are doing what they think will bring more life to the board.

Hence the welcoming back of previously not welcomed vendors and the new hydro building contest.

I do agree there are far too many subcategories.

A forum is like any major mall/shopping center in the USA. It has anchor stores or in a forum sense, anchor users. Want to take the customers? Take the anchors.

I personally don't believe its as bad as you are all making it out to be.

The moderators are doing what they think will bring more life to the board.

Hence the welcoming back of previously not welcomed vendors and the new hydro building contest.

I do agree there are far too many subcategories.
Your opinion is appreciated Steve. I just do not feel or think the same.

I understand were you and some of the other guys are coming from Alan, Maybe I'm just a bit more tolerant.

You, Kevin and some of the other guys that only post here are quite knowageable and I enjoy reading your stuff so I surf here as much as possible. But I think that having to search multiple forums is a PITA.

Steve,

You are wise beyond your years!

Yeah multiple forums...kinda like the old days when you had to get up to change the television station. Or adjust the ariel! :)

Back