June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have everything ready. I am in the same boat as you Wade. Just need paint and other misc. finishing touches. Hopefully I can dodge the rain here also this weekend and tweak in the tunnel.

Same weather all over it looks like. Raining like a monsoon here, winds up to 78 MPH just SW of me, tornadoes to the North. Welcome to Seattle East! :)

Yeah, I'm pushing it too with HH .12 version 2.0 .

Just to show size, & to get everyone in the proper mood :D , here is a pic of the site

funrun2003.jpg

It's a great spot to run Bob. We'll be in the SW corner of the Park and it's protected from the wind with hills and trees. This is the best time to use this lake as it starts getting weedy around July. There isn't hardly any full-sized boat traffic because it has a terrible boat landing.

BTW, I got the DNR Regatta permit in the mail today!

I am planning on bringing a big rigger out as well.

Well not BIG, its 40 inches long,

Ron you said SW corner of park, is that same spot as last year?

I know i drove around that park 2 times last time, then seen BOATS.

:p

Yes, the same spot, over near the Cemetary. For those coming up Mount Olivet Road, watch carefully for the sign, The house next to the entrance has stockade fencing put up which makes the sign hard to see until you're right up on it. I should have the buoys up by the time you get there that people should spot as they come into the Park.

Hey guys, Ron asked me to join in after meeting him up in Flint. I probably won't be able to make it unless my other obligation cancels out. Up in Flint, you guys got me really interested in boats. Up untill now, it been just planes, heli's and buggys, looks like I'll hve to add boats to the list.

FYI, anybody that wants fuel, let me know what you want and I can get it to John Dole or maybe even ask Ron to take it to the Fun run.

Fuelman

If any of you have questions about fuel, this is the guy to talk to! I saw his postings over on another site (not THAT other site) and he has a wealth of information.

well it seems the slew of recent storms have really raised water levels all over.. I can't wait to get down to Kzoo. hopefully those of you near flint avoided the tornados and ron has power..

Well the Dragon Fly is about 90% back together. I have to figure out a couple of more things, but it will be ready in 2 weeks. :D

My HH12 is done except a starting stand & 50% complete fuel cell hatch cover.

I am about 60% done with Missy's Wild Thing. I hope to be done with everything by next weekend. So I can test run before Kzoo.

Speaking of water, most of you up in G.R. ought to be able to run in the Streets now! Man, you guys got it a lot worse than we did down here in the `Zoo!

I've been down in the dungeon working on HH .12 now version 1.5. Parts from #1 plus the new tub. My motor mount idea hasn't worked out too well at the moment but I haven't given up on it yet The R/C truck motor mounts I forgot sit a lot lower for bump starting so I'll have to see about raising it up. The Miss Bud flywheel does clear though but without raising the motor the header is a problem too. I just don't want to hack into the side of the tub. Servos are in and the hardware hung on the transom, big ass HH .12 decals on the sides.

I've still got to finish the Freq clips and get the other boats ready. The 'burst hasn't been touched since last Fall.

We have more boaters showing up, who they are I don't know. Two more Gas monos and an electric Hobbico Hammer. An owners brother of R&L Hobbies just got a new 1/8 ProBoat Miss Bud, updated one that he may show up with. It now has the Zen G-260 and a dual pick-up rudder plus a changed CG.

well my streets are clear.. but i could almost run in my back yard.... 2ft deep the other day

I could run down the street from where I work in the soccer fields, & the ball diamonds!! :lol: On Wednesday I saw some kayakers paddling around there, & the river hadn't even crested yet. It finally crested yesterday at almost 6 feet above flood stage near where I work. :eek:

Last night, tornado was spotted in Louisville, 50 miles NW and one did touch down in Lexington, 50 miles NE.. This was about 5 miles from my work. Few house are missing :( , but believe no lives lost :D . We got wind and rain, about it..

Let's talk fuel here boaters.. I was always a believer in finding a fuel and sticking with it. With that, Fuelman stated to me in a PM that he would match Wildcat Fuel prices. Don't know if you all still want me to pick up fuel or turn to a "local" fuel source and stick with that. Let me know.. I will still head down to Wildcat since that is my "local" fuel source. I'll give them a call on Tuesday and will post prices then. Road trip down is planned for Wednesday or Thursday.

Mark...

Well Mark, I PM 'd Fuelman about fuel, & i haven’t got a response back yet. this year, i think i will stick with the wildcat fuel, & if he comes to the fun run, I’ll talk to him about fuel for next year. :D

Hey Guys:

Are you planning this for Sunday the 13th only, or also for Saturday. There just might be a chance I can get up there with Riptide.

Don :unsure:

Don,

Plan right now is only for Sunday, June 13th.. The 12th is b-day for my two kids, they will be 11 and 3.. As for anyone else showing up the 12th, that's up to them.

Come on up... :D

Mark..

Back