June Fun Run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I know what you mean. I am here working pretty much every Saturday for atleast a few hours in the morning and even that seems to put a pretty big damper on getting to my boats. As far as the thrashing about try to get things done I was, and still kind of in the same place. Just have to get things running good. I will be ready though.

Now if I can just figure out why I have so many screws left over :unsure: and where those prop nuts went :huh: :lol: :lol:

See ya in a week B)

Im about ready, M&D still has my cat engine.

But have a mod 23 in it for now. So if i dont get my engine back from them, i can still run it with the 23.

Riggers ready

Insane monos ready, Just need to charge all batteries.

Im sure i will double test them next sat, just to be sure.

Steve, Insanes ready, will get a few extras for him, bags and gaskets for the pipe.

glad to hear you got a FM radio for it.

Tom

I was up until 1:30am last night getting things finished up on Missy's boat, & putting the Dragon Fly back together again for a test run with Steve today. I hope the hh12 runs good enough so I can get the engine broke in :huh:

Sounds good Tom. Yeah it is not a real expensive one but I am sure it will do the job just fine.

I know what you mean Wade. It was midnight for me. I got the cat hull all back together and ready for today. Tunnel is ready as long as I can keep the the thing running.

ok, well, I went to bed last night at 10:30.. 04:30 comes real quick now-a-days :p .. After getting out of work at 6pm today, take the car over to the dealership for oil change/tire rotate/etc... Will most likely get home around 9pm. Quick thrash of getting the boats ready. Back in bed again by mid-night I hope.. Dang 04:30 comes around quick! Hopefully work will be nice and quite tomorrow and I can get out early. If all else fails, we'll just leave later than planned on Monday.

Mark....

I am with you on that 430am starting work crap.

hell 9pm dont come soon enough

;) got my engine back from M&D,

For all the people that read this post, and gas boaters out there.

I had a engine problem with a M&D 260, Tried a few things they said to do, still no better, sent it back to Matthew, and 2 weeks later, i get my engine back with a new piston and cylinder. as they had ground through the cylinder wall opening up the transfers, and this baby was running SCARY Lean. So they redid it, dynoed it, and sent it back to me. Good looking dyno results as well :eek:

There service is as good as there engines they are modding.

And steve, FM or PCM is the only way to go with a gass boat.

you might get some glitches here and there. It normally kicks the fail safe in and out.

Tom

So, how did your day go? I just got home about an hour ago and now have a bunch of wrenching to do. We tossed Ole Dependable in the pond and had no signal half-way across the pond. Damned near hit some old grizzled derelict that was fishing. Found the strut barely hanging on and a bent rudder, otherwise it looks OK. Tried the Wild Thing .12 next, it never got off the stand, the flex cable broke right at the collet. I have a spare so no big deal. Up 3rd was the HH .12 version 1.5. The motor was a pain to try to tune so I'm going to swap in the Trinity/Picco, that has run well in it before. I'm losing faith fast in the Fantom's. I dropped the nitro down to 30% and put in colder plugs. The motors do sound better this way but still need some dialing.

Well Ron, our day yesterday sucked for boats. Although Steve did get his tunnel running like it used to. He had to open the needle up to almost 7 turns out!

HH.12 with the Flywheel that came on the engine I got from hammer, I could get the collets tightened enough, & just as it got on the pipe, the drive shaft let loose, & dropped in the lake, & I don't have a spare, so that one isn't going to be running at the Fun Run :angry:

Missy's wild thing. considering I had never set up a flex cable before (believe it or not), I put too much of a bend at the engine end, & when I finally got it fired up, the stuffing tube started to smoke, & the shaft literally melted through the end of the tube, so I have to start over on the stuffing tube, so I don't think that will be going, & After all the frustrations yesterday, Missy doesn't want to go either. :angry:

The Dragon Fly had Steve's engine in it, & on the stand it sounds great, but as soon as it gets under load, it just bogs down, & wants to quit if you try to give it any throttle :angry: so for me, yesterday was a complete bust.

I'm going to swap the engine out of the dragon fly with my engine for the fun run, so I hope that it runs good for me.

So I will only be bringing the Dragon Fly, the Don Q tunnel, & Mark is bringing the BAW for me. I still might bring the HH12 & Missy's boat, just for show & tell

sometimes i wonder what i do more.. driving.. or figureing out why it won't go :) i will only have the CEN running.. no time to work on the 20 lately and still waiting on a few parts.

Well, you guys make me feel a little better because I'll probably spend most of the day figuring out my carb problems (if that's all it is). :D

Don :unsure:

P.S. I wont have to have a muffler on the Riptide, will I?

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, what a bunch of bad news Wade. I do have an extra flex cable for the HH .12 if you need it. The strut on v 1.5 has the Hughey setup and the cable is slightly different so I can bring it along. I might have to grab the Dremel just in case. I have a brand new 3/16" Hughey cable if you need that also.

Don, don't worry about a muffler in the Riptide. Bigger boats yes, but the neighbors shouldn't complain too much, we'll be next to the Cemetary.

I swapped motors last night from the broken boat to the HH .12, I have more confidence in that motor, now I have to replace the flex cable in the WT .12.

If anyone knows where I can get a Warehouse Hobbies SPD-E rudder, please let me know. It was one that they made for their old electric Bagshot boats.

Oh yeah, here's shot of the 2nd (OK, 1-1/2) HH.12:

View attachment 2557

Bob,

Sent ya an email on parts needed for the Fun Run. Hopefully they are at the store or can get them. Main item I really need are shear pins for a rudder.. Getting ready for tomorrow's road trip to Mi.

Ron,

SWEEEEEET look'n boat.. Can't wait to see it...

Mark..

Latest forecast for Sunday. Partly sunny with a high in the upper 70's. Chance of rain, 20%. This was from Ch.3 news, not the best weather forecasters out there but it still could be nice weather for running.

Wade, tell Missy that this is a minor setback. All of us boaters are used to adversity. If things ever went right on the first outing of a new boat then I'd be scared! Only had it happen once out of a lot of boats.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck wade.

Im sure they will all work out soon enough, See i told you your going to need to test her boat for several gals of gas.

Tom

We definetly had a rough day. I am glad to see that my tunnel does run again. Nice looking boat Ron. Like Wade, I will be bringing the duel OB cat but doubtful that it will run,so more for show and tell than anything. I can get it started and idling and when I toss it in it makes about half a lap and one if not both engines die. Oh well I get it working eventually. Either way I can 't wait to get there and meet everyone and have a little FUN.

BTW Wade, Let's see that picture of all the boats in the water. At least we can say they all made it off the stand :D

Hey guys we started out on sat with some gremlins with CJ's (outboardman 10)

new 40 mono. tore all apart sat night changed some things back at the pond today. got 2 tanks of fuel through it before some radio problem set in. Lookin

like it might really run on sunday. His tunnel is ready too. Sundays going to be a good day see you all then

Ron,

My rigger is setup for a .130 cable. I don't have a spare prop either. Like I said, I plan on bringing it for Show & Tell at least.

I talked to Missy lsat night, & there is no way I can get her to go.

oh man.... if she don't go i don't know if i'll get christy to try it out :( heck i don't know if i'd get christy to go :(

Don't sweat it, I've got props also. It's already loaded into the tool box along with the flex cable.

Come on Missy, you'll have a chance to pick on me in person! :lol:

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

Back