June 16 - 17 Orlando High Points District 3 Race!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSlick

Ok guys the RTR class has really taken off. We have two successful events under our belt now and the RTR class is offically on the flyer for Orlando. Sign up and show up, e-mail me if you have any concerns. I will meet with you before hand and go over any racing or setup questions. Lets have some fun!!

http://namba3.net/OrlandoJune07flyer.pdf

And some of you veterans said this class would never work :rolleyes:

Where can I find the rules for the RTR class? I looked on the website but could not find anything. I have a TC31 that has been gathering dust and just might brush it off for this.

Where can I find the rules for the RTR class? I looked on the website but could not find anything. I have a TC31 that has been gathering dust and just might brush it off for this.
Bill,

Not sure this was well thought out. I have seen no rules for this class. I will check the NAMBA rulebook again when I get home. I know this has not been addressed in D-3 yet. For now, it's just a fun class, no specific class rules necesary. Bring out your rtr zenoah powered Miss Elam or Bud and race in this class. I'm sure it will be OK!! :lol:

Right, I checked the Namba rulebook (right off of namba.com) and found no mention of an RTR class...

Not much rules for them you change change the prop and turn fin and rudder to what you want other then that stock.

The rules for now are you have to run a .18 engine, all other mods are allowed. This will allow for proboat hydros that come stock with a .15 the ability to upgrade to a .18 and be able to compete. I sense some negativity??

Who is bigslick? Bigslick is the guy that faught hard through the negativty and got the class to run for the first time in Broward and then Miami.

Wow, read through that whole Novel length post and I still don't know Big Slicks name. :huh:

Wow, read through that whole Novel length post and I still don't know Big Slicks name. :huh:
NO SXXT!! :blink:

No back to the question at hand- who is Big Slick?? People in here like to know things like real names & so we can be more friendly. Many of us are also supportive of this RTR concept. I built one to help get the class going, now that we have that it's going up for sale to hopefully bring in another new boater. And James you might want to think twice before you call people you don't know a$$holes. That kind of stuff won't be tolerated for long in here. You know how that is right? Just like when you block people out on your site when they post stuff not agreeing with you. Yeah we know about all that too, if you want to dish out the heavy criticism be prepared for the ensuing backlash. Do to others as you would have them do to you ....... it's a two way street.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell was that. Jeez James, you ARE out of control.. Rest assured if our oganizations ever die , I will find something else to do before I ever deal with you and your overblown RTR ego. :angry:

My god, were did all that crap come from?????

I DID NOT READ all of "twisted liquids" post, I got caught up in that one, the last time he went off on a rant, and won't waist my time on him again.

There WAS NO negativity in my post or question, on the contrary, I am all for the RTR class, what better way to get new people into our hobby/sport than to have an entry level class

So, James from Twisted Liquid (and I have no idea who you are either) just a sour attitude, with PENIS envy obviously!!!

Who in my opinion needs to be banned from our forum!!!!!

GET A LIFE

So, my question remains the same??? (as Don Ferrette stated) we kinda like to know who we are conversing with!!!!

How about a name "BigSlick"

Rick Bellinger

Well this certainly was not my intention and was simply excited about how well the RTR class was doing. I wanted to share with the different communities that the class was going to run in Orlando. I have posted this announcement in a few other forums and only here I have recieved this type of sarcasm and animosity.

Bring out your rtr zenoah powered Miss Elam or Bud and race in this class. I'm sure it will be OK!!
Not sure this was well thought out.
Who is bigslick?
I cannot imagine why I would have take those things the wrong way. My apologies for not formally introducing myself as again my intension was to share with all of you that the event in Orlando was having the RTR class. My name is Robert Romero, and I live in south Florida. Got introduced to RC boats by purcasing an RTR to run in my back yard lake. Never even knew about this whole world of RC boats, until I came online to learn more about my boat.

What I was hoping for was some positive feedback and if things have been poorly thought out, please recommend how you think it could be better. Well so much for a good 1st in impression. Have a nice day!!

Well this certainly was not my intention and was simply excited about how well the RTR class was doing. I wanted to share with the different communities that the class was going to run in Orlando. I have posted this announcement in a few other forums and only here I have recieved this type of sarcasm and animosity.
Bring out your rtr zenoah powered Miss Elam or Bud and race in this class. I'm sure it will be OK!!
Not sure this was well thought out.
Who is bigslick?
I cannot imagine why I would have take those things the wrong way. My apologies for not formally introducing myself as again my intension was to share with all of you that the event in Orlando was having the RTR class. My name is Robert Romero, and I live in south Florida. Got introduced to RC boats by purcasing an RTR to run in my back yard lake. Never even knew about this whole world of RC boats, until I came online to learn more about my boat.

What I was hoping for was some positive feedback and if things have been poorly thought out, please recommend how you think it could be better. Well so much for a good 1st in impression. Have a nice day!!
Robert, look forward to meeting you at the races soon. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot, actually WE didnt , James and I did for sure. I for one am all for the RTR classes and look forward to seeing it grow. The sarcasm and animosity is pointed squarely at James,not you.

Whatever James, just keep on stroking your ego, you're getting quite good at it. I have read the e-mails & p/m's from the people who have issues with you (including members in my district) who you've kicked off your forum, made promises that went unkept, orders that went unfullfilled or otherwise left them hanging. You're reputation speaks for itself & when I have to deal with members in my district that you've pissed off they come first. It's amazing how you say not to believe everything I've been p/m'd or e-mailed from different individuals with no relation to each other but to believe you. Tell us how that is supposed to work?? As for my RTR it has raced it's only race and is for sale, hopefully to another new member in my district. I ran one race with it to support that race & honestly it bored me to death, not my cup of tea but I will continue blanket support of the class in my district as it is the single best source for new members. My suggestion to you James is to knock off the everyone is out to get me crap & focus on making those out there who have issues with you happy and the rest will go away & you won't be on here and elsewhere defending yourself.

And to Robert Romero a.k.a. BigSlick, welcome aboard & don't let this once again drama with James bother you, this is nothing new. :p

What the hell was that. Jeez James, you ARE out of control.. Rest assured if our oganizations ever die , I will find something else to do before I ever deal with you and your overblown RTR ego. :angry:
Now you know how we "RTR" feel. ;) Been dealing with out of control ego's for months...And Don we didnt say nothing about anyone supporting RTR....the A holes know who they are. You seem to be one that has had a problem with me from the beginning...maybe you should reconsider not posting on everything you see or hear. As far as get ready for something such as backlash from the bunch here....I know that already. I did say in my NOVEL....if you are affended by what I just typed, your who I am talking about. Its really ok if you hit me for fact, I'm used to it.

Now I would think if the real question was whos Big Slick...wouldnt you consider a hello big slick, whats you name, welcome to international. Something more direct....I think you might find him answering, Robert Romero Of Marimar, Florida District #3 NAMBA. Understand he is new to this hobby and doesnt understand the gerital language yet.

And to let you know Don, I wish you would shut up about the RTR forum, considering your not a member, and you might also like the fact its not mine, I only set it up...305 members run it, not me. So dont believe everything your pm'ed. I think sometimes you post to just dis-agree...or should I say every post I see dis-agrees...thats more direct. But I do like how you always tell me to watch out....backlash is that what you call it. :p The forum would be alot funner, if you took that Vegas of yours and put it agaisnt mine...instead of saying it does 40 out of the box. And that being your support. How about you race one. And I do apologize if you are racing a RTR. My next question is where.

HAVE VEGAS WILL TRAVEL....
I should just let this go with the rest of the crap I read coming out of you but I cant. Maybe YOU need to rethink the way your coming across to people , because if your truely trying to be the spokesperson for the people establishing RTR I can see why you have had a hard time with people. You come across like an azzhole, your "us against them attitude" sucks,loose it. You offended me with your comments,does this make me an asshole(as quoted by you) ??? You have never even met me and have no fricking clue about what I believe is right or wrong for our hobby but your gonna lump me in with a few people who dont care for what your trying to do?? and then wonder why some people dont care for you. It started as a simple question that you chose to pick up and run with. Look were it got ya, You sure as hell didnt help your cause in my eyes or many others for that matter Im sure. I am for growing our hobby, I like the RTR ideas , but I sure as hell dont care for you pal.

Perhaps James, It is your attitude that draws negativity. Have you considered that? By the looks of the picture above (if that is you) you don't look like a friendly person whatsoever. As far as fellow boaters being A**holes I fail to see where that would come from. I have been boating for only about a year now, and have yet to run into an A**hole boater. I have just recently purchased a new boat and have made many phone calls and none of them have been anything but friendly and EXTREMELY helpful. I for one think the RTR classes are an excellent idea and support them 200% I happen to be one of the boaters that can't afford those nice 1000.00-2000.00+ boats, I currently own a ff12 rigger and a couple of old youngblood hulls. The only boat I have together is the ff12 and that is because a fellow "A**hole" boater helped me get it together and gave me many of the parts and things I needed. I can hardly afford props and a flexshaft for it but everyone here has helped tremendously.

So again perhaps you look at your own attitude, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Remember that.

And to those of you that have been helpful to me and everyone on this site that continue to make this hobby GROW, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Zach Vought,

ZRCHobbies

Hey, Robert sorry for being, short, direct and to the point!!!!

Ask anyone that knows me, thats me "Short, Sweet, and to the point" OK, Maybe not sweet????

What I thought was a simple question, sure turned into a????? well, you know what!!!

James "Twisted Liquid" ?????????????????????????????????????????

I guess, I'll just leave that alone, don't know why, but I will.

Rick

Hey, Robert sorry for being, short, direct and to the point!!!!Ask anyone that knows me, thats me "Short, Sweet, and to the point" OK, Maybe not sweet????

What I thought was a simple question, sure turned into a????? well, you know what!!!

James "Twisted Liquid" ?????????????????????????????????????????

I guess, I'll just leave that alone, don't know why, but I will.

Rick
Hey Rick, Almost got the FF done so I will try yo make a couple of races with you all!!!! Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back