JR XS3 radio's... do they work well with boats ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha74

I was looking at JR XS3's ( are they a good radio for boats ? ...or should i look for something else - i use JR radios for planes, etc, and have lots of spare parts. ) radio's on ebay to compare prices to my local hobby shops, and found some ebay stores that have JR XS3 radio's, and offer full manufacturer warranty - prices range about $100 - $200, including shipping, etc. One local hobby shop quoted $390. I don't mind supporting the local hobby shops / economy, etc, but i could get 3 radio's off of ebay, for the price of one at the local hobby shop. Has anybody had problems buying radios from ebay ? ( http://toys.shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=jr+x...mp;_trksid=m270 )

That is the radio i use they are great radios . Robert just make sure you get the radio set up for ground

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the radio i use they are great radios . Robert just make sure you get the radio set up for ground
Hi,I'm not try to hijack this thread. How Good is the JR XR2i???Its a 27mgh am radio. I got one as a gift but I'm afraid to use it. I've been runnin the Traxxas TQ3. Any thing I should know about ? Ok I was also looking to get the XS3 too ,now what this about hooking the radio set as a ground???

Been using them for 3 years now and not as much as a hick-up. cept for the time I plugged the receiver pack in backwards and let the smoke out of one of my receivers :blink:

It was late, and quick too :p :p :p :eek:

Andy

Miss Hydro those are good radios JR also has out the spectrum 2.4. ps just dont do want Andy did lol Robert

i use the jr xs3, & love it. great range, easy to set up, absolutely no issues. unless you include not pulling up the tx antenna. no one's immune, are they, drew :rolleyes: :lol: ? been using it in all my boats since last summer. rx's are cheaper than futaba, too. don't use spektrum/jr's version of 2.4 for boats, won't work well, in ALMOST ALL CASES. i've seen some posts where folks say they work ok for them, but the vast majority have had bad luck, me included. jr is supposed to be updating/"fixing" their 2.4 system, but i haven't heard a release date, yet. love their fm system. seems like the truck/car market has settled on am for their freq. of choice. i would trust the jr as much, if not more than the traxxas system. misshydro, can you explain hooking the radio up as a ground? nothing in my jr manual about it.............

I was looking at JR XS3's ( are they a good radio for boats ? ...or should i look for something else - i use JR radios for planes, etc, and have lots of spare parts. ) radio's on ebay to compare prices to my local hobby shops, and found some ebay stores that have JR XS3 radio's, and offer full manufacturer warranty - prices range about $100 - $200, including shipping, etc. One local hobby shop quoted $390. I don't mind supporting the local hobby shops / economy, etc, but i could get 3 radio's off of ebay, for the price of one at the local hobby shop. Has anybody had problems buying radios from ebay ? ( http://toys.shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=jr+x...mp;_trksid=m270 )
Great radios I have use the same XS3 pro radio for 4 years straight. no issues.

Iv got a 2.4ghz JR XS3, I only use it for my cars now, but it worked fine in my boats.

Hi,I'm not try to hijack this thread. How Good is the JR XR2i???Its a 27mgh am radio. I got one as a gift but I'm afraid to use it. I've been runnin the Traxxas TQ3. Any thing I should know about ? Ok I was also looking to get the XS3 too ,now what this about hooking the radio set as a ground???...I was looking at the JR website, and when you click on the XR2i, and the XS3 Pro, to see details, it say's on the right the price, and availability; - discontinued. Is JR phasing out those two radio's ? http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Radios-Surface.aspx

Give horrizon hobbies a call at 1-800338-4639 they can tell you more what is going on they are the main distibutors of JR. Robert

Robert was referring to a surface (ground) radio. Not an electrical ground :rolleyes:
Andy
and i'm supposed to take electrical advise from YOU - after you admitted to hooking yours up backwards :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: ??????????????

Back