• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jeweled prop balancers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston_Hall

It seems the balancer thread has sparked some possible interest in the "jeweled balancer". I have been asked if I would make some. I will but I wood like to make a run of 10 units minimum.

As to the quality I will post some pics. Although I think I do a good job and my personal balancer shaft alignment is +/- 0.003" and I work as a partial machinist, I want it to be known that I have no machinist's certificates. I do think you could expect the same quality that I have produced 3 times now.

With that being said, what type of interest is there for a $80 balancer?

[SIZE=14pt]PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING[/SIZE]

Jewel Bearing B-VJA-5

1/4" & 3/16" precision ground prop shafts are included. 1/8" available

Balancer

You can make yourself a nice little case as well. Case is not included.

Balancer in case

Case

Current order:

Carbonmann, shoboat (2) + 1/8" shaft, EatMyShortsRacing, Norm Doer, Clay Glover, izitbrokeyet?, Buddy Beaird, Joe W, Jeff Stubbers (2), jevmax, BigChuck, Mike Rappold, Tom v.d Brink, Jerry Wyss, Nigtmare, moron, Paul Pachmayer, circletrack, Lake S.P.O.R.T., jydracing, John Knight, david cox, Paul Stirton, chriscarbon, Don Ferrette, bOatnutz, Viper40,nova 21, Tony Grinter

[SIZE=14pt]I think I will cut it off at 30, currently 30. [/SIZE]

If you don't see your name then you need to make sure I put it there.

Payment due when I am finished. I will contact you.

I will ship anywhere. Depending on out-of-USA costs, you may see additional shipping charges. Don't get scared, I won't charge anything that it doesn't cost me.

At this time I am only going to make balancers. All other questions will have to wait. 2-3 weeks delivery may be compromised due to the increase in order quantity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston,

I'll bite,I can add another to my collection any day. I may even take two,

any discounts for quantity? I wanted one when the last thread on them came

up,but they never materialized. So you have two of them sold already. :D

When will they be ready? :lol: :lol: :lol: Forgot what would it be to get a

1/8" shaft also? I can't forget about my good electric customers. :)

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Preston_Hall said:
It seems the balancer thread has sparked some possible interest in the "jeweled balancer". I have been asked if I would make some. I will but I wood like to make a run of 10 units minimum.
As to the quality I will post some pics. Although I think I do a good job and my personal balancer shaft alignment is +/- 0.003" and I work as a partial machinist, I want it to be known that I have no machinist's certificates. I do think you could expect the same quality that I have produced 3 times now.

1/4" & 3/16" precision ground prop shafts are included.

79675[/snapback]

Preston_Hall said:

1/4" & 3/16" precision ground prop shafts are included.

79675[/snapback]

Count me in . We need another device to drive us crazy LOL.

Does anyone have a pic of the balancer that Preston is speaking of? I have an Old Ron Vanwagon (Quicksilver) balancer that the magnets keep falling off of. Lost one of them But it was a great little balancer while it lasted.... ;)

Yes, I'm interested in a jewel prop balancer also Preston. Thanks for offering them.

Preston,

I'd like to have one of your balancers. Just let me know how to place the order and how to pay ya.

Preston..... Do you need my personal info for the Commission check? :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink:

Joe W said:
Nice Work Jerry....... It looks Sweet..... ;)   Who made the Original?  Rod?
79782[/snapback]

Thanks Joe. Rod made the original as far as I know. He sent me the drawings and the jeweled bearings and that's what I used. I forget who made the shafts. I'll look for the drawings from Rod and try to post them later. Preston's pirce seems really fair for one with the jewels and shafts.

By my count there seems to be 14 maybe 15 requests.

I start on them today. Probably 2-3 weeks delivery. I'll make them first, then you can pay, then I will ship. I'll see about Aussie shipping, but we'll do something. If you use PayPal then add $2.50 for their fees.

If you don't pay then I'll just smear your name on IW ;) :lol: .

Preston, you should offer the cases for them also (if you want to make them). Your top quality case looks just as good as the prop balancers. I am impressed, I'd like a case like yours for mine. :) :)

Jerry T said:
Preston, you should offer the cases for them also (if you want to make them).  Your top quality case looks just as good as the prop balancers.  I am impressed, I'd like a case like yours for mine. :)   :)
79823[/snapback]

I kind of baited the hook on that one. :lol:

The case is all oak with the base milled out to hold the balancer and shafts. Those finished sheets of oak from Lowes ain't cheap and the Probound glue dries slow. Very time consuming. I had talked it over with somebody and we figured $50 for the case. It would also be left unfinished (bare).

I'll have to take a picture of the case for my head clearance gauge. I bet somebody would give their best sheep for it! :lol:

Preston, I read in a post that you glue the jewel's in place? Do they wear out in my life time or is this not an item to worry about? And if they wear out how do you remove the jewel ? Thanks Jerry

Hi Preston:

Is there an extra cost to have one of these shipped to Canada?

Thanks, David

Back