jerry wyss

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancebuckley

To all the friends and people that know of Jerry Wyss long time iw and namba, man friend to many Oregon born

since 1972 he has had hepititas C and is a fatal non treatable kind it has since woken up and in week has shut his body and his brain down to a hospice state he knows nothing or no one anymore. he went from perfectly fine to his death bed and is not expected to survive through the month. To all christians please pray for him that his suffering will not last long and for his wife that she may close his business and finish loose ends. jerry you are a hall of famer in my mind not only with the thunder tiger but to all the others on iw. knowingly sharing info with others and always willing to help you will be remembered as a friend, father, and a PRO BOATER. Please use this forum topic to send your condolences to him and i will cut and paste them and send them off to his wife.

Jerry was a 3 year serving veteran during the Vietnam war a fellow comrade in the cause of defending freedom and caught hep c during military duty. He is a christian and has been married for 20 years to gilanda and he has 2 stepchildren. jerry is 59 years old and has had hep c since 1972. of all6 forms of hep c this is more deadly than aids and awakes at any time destroying liver kidneys and brain functions. it is 9 of 10 times fatal. jerry has been racing boats since 1992 before then flying airplanes . he has raced many pros like eric boughlagh jerry dunlop and many more , he is a namba member part of the district 8 i believe in oregon. I wanted to tribute to him through here as he is no longer able to reply to posts or forums. Jerry was an amazing friend and a helpful man going out of his way for others a prime example to all of us. if anyone has a story about jerry or wants to leave a post please do so as it will go to his family in the time of need thanks

lance buckley fellow friend and fellow veteran.

wow while i don't know him other than on i-w i am shocked.. I wish his family well and hope he goes on to a better place.

chris wood

oh man, this really sucks! I havnt talked to Jerry in some time, and was just wondering this last weekend how he was doing. My prayers are with him and his family!!

Holy crap!! Jerry is such a cool dude, this sucks!! While I never met him in person we swapped many a p/m and e-mail. A truly sad thing to hear, my day just went in the pooper........ :(

what don said. never met him in person, but felt like we were old friends. that's the kind of guy he is.....jerry & his family are in my prayers.

I'm completely floored by this news. Lance - thank you very much for what you are doing.

I've never met Jerry in person but feel like we've been truly great friends for years. We initially struck up conversation via PM's here on IW and it just grew and grew from there. Jerry would often thank me for helping him evolve his TT engines, but he gave me more credit that I deserved - all I would do is point him in a certain direction and he did the rest.

Jerry helped me out a lot on plenty of occasions. Just last year I had a rear bearing failure in an engine just a few weeks before our big annual race at my club. Quick as a flash, Jerry had a new one in the mail to me. Also, on more than one occasion he helped me by having items shipped to him and then sending them to me, as some people won't ship outside of the US. Sometimes he wouldn't tell me what something cost and wouldn't accept any payment.

Even when he's feeling really sick, he takes time to drop me a PM for a chat. He knows I'm an IW addict, and picked up on me not being on the board for a while. Here's an example;

Sent 18 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hi Tim,, You all alright? I have recovered somewhat from the scariest time of my life. A least I'm not all yellow anymore, thats good.

Out of respect I won't post the rest of the message as it details stuff that was personal - but needless to say Jerry had some very heavy stuff going on in his life at the time but was still being positive and thinking of others. Jerry always picks up on the positives.

JW my good friend, hang in there buddy - if anyone can beat this, it is you! It's not too unlike when everyone told us we couldn't make those motors competitive, but we did.

Tim.

Wow, this is very sad news.... My prayers and thoughts to Jerry and his family... He was truly one of a kind!! I have only talked to Jerry a couple of times on the phone and many PMs the one thing I remember is how he explained the TT coming to life as he was coming around the last bouy before the start!!!! That kak kak kak kak kak sound he made always got me rolling with luaghter!!!! With Jerry I believe it was a passion to make them TT lowers work and if you said it wouldn't work he only tried harder!!!! God Bless

DAMMM! :eek: :( I cant believe it!! Now I feel sick about this...we'll keep him and his family in our prayers.. Talk to him alot on the chat room in 08-on about thundertiger mods..the king on doing them. A great guy to talk too,even thow I never met him in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was reading this earlier in the day,,,ummmmmm,,well,, i just didnt know how to even respond....my heart sank :( ...i cant believe this...

Jerry Wyss (DUBS) (DUBSY) (THE GREAT COD FISH) my GREAT friend,,, my mentor,,, i will forever be in debt to you for the wealth of knowledge you gave me,,and i thought we would exchange ideas and conversation for many years to come...thats been cut short..this is a brutal blow..I will forever and ever remember you as the tt guru,, and i will forever honor your work by continuing your ways.....you will always live through every tt engine i touch... I promise you that............

I had sent a pm to jerry last night,,wanting to see how his health was,,and talk engines.... when i woke this morning and there was no return message i knew somthing was wrong.... jerry was so quick to respond and see what i was working on...the only reason i joined this site in the first place is because of jerry,,, and i owe him that also.. he brought the passion alive in me,,, he was like a father figure... i will miss this man dearly forever......

this site will not be the same without him... he is a legend,,but most important one of the best friends a person could have,,,loving father,brother,and dear husband.....

we love ya dubs,,, cod to da cod,,,,,taug taug to da taug taug.... rest easy my friend,,,see you one day.....

will forever remember,,thank you for bringing the passion in me alive,,,Alden Cost

YIKES!!! Saw Jerry last October at the 25th Emerald Cup. He and my son, Paul, had a great race in 20 Mod Tunnel. This is truly sad news. Enjoy every day. Unfortunately, things like this reach out and happen to folks. Dang it!!

JD

this is classic jerry,,, i have hundreds of these types of conversations saved..

from me:::

hey buddy,,, man o man,, bad couple weeks... last weekend i got news of a friend who took his own life.. man that sucks,,as im sure you know...dealing with that then on fri.. im gettin out the shower and wham,,, i think im dieing,, massive chest pain,,keeling over,, adreneline rush's like crazy along with sweats and massive muscle contractions in my rib cage..holy crap im thinkin... i rush to the er,,, ekg catches that i have a slow heart rate... crap man im 27 my buddy just died,,had another friend pass not that long ago and now this... im so freakin depressed dude... had to go for a echo cardiogram today and was fitted with a holter monitor to monitor every move i make through the day... have to have it for 24 hours,,write down everything i freakin do.. this totally sucks and if somthin is wrong with me im screwed man,,, i got sh*T to fall back on... work and my kids is all i know,,,and if i cant work i cant support my kids...

im just totally bummin dubsy,,

ac

Alden cost

htb 290 o.s 30vg/tt power plant (JERRY WYSS'S VIGGER)

homemade mono (JERRY WYSS) tt power plant with hopper hp pipe (retired and will never, ever leave me)

upsized tub ff .12,, modded .18 aqua

aqua sv-27,, modded aqua .18

aqua miss vegas,, modded aqua .18

prather spitfire o/b rigger,, JERRY WYSS/TIM DUGGAN bxr/tt power plant with gadjet pipe

JAE .12 modded aqua .18 david pruesse cowl

FOREVER IN DEBT TO THE GREAT COD FISH (JERRY WYSS) WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!

Jerry Wyss

World Racer

Group:

Members Posts:

3,172 Joined:

03-May 04 Gender:Male Location:Otis, Oregon Interests:working as little as possible Sent 24 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

Holy Jesus man, what the,, was it just that one attack? All I can do is pray for ya brother, and keep me informed an I'll just keep prayin'. I know it works, even if you don't, and besides I'd get to know that man in my first two words cause we don't have alot of time on this planet left,, I mean It!

Dub's shakin' , Hang On now.

camaroboy383

World Racer

Group:

Members Posts:

1,896 Joined:

25-February 08 Location:east hampton, ct Sent 24 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

you know jerry,, ive only had the one attack,,,but i can remember having chest pain attacks even when i was little 12 or 13,,,, growing up i never questioned it,,,just thought it was normal,,,being a kid,,,you dont question much,,,u say aww crap,, then its like hey did you see the episode of tom and jerry yesterday... im sure you catch my drift...my heart rate is in the low 50's pretty constant,,some times i get dizzy and have to sit down,,this actually has happened more in the past year than ever...all these wires hangin on me and crap,,,computer attached to my hip,, i feel like a bad science project...

thanks for your prayers jerry,,,i hope this all works out man,,,after all,,, i need to meet you one day in person and go out riding for the day,, or go play toy tt powered vessels....shizit,,,ill rent a bike,,,less to travel with...

thanks for listening dubs,, i tend to babble as you know...

your friend,,alden

Jerry Wyss

World Racer

Group:

Members Posts:

3,172 Joined:

03-May 04 Gender:Male Location:Otis, Oregon Interests:working as little as possible Sent 24 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

Geez Bro, Thats a long ass ride from here! you'd have to pry me off that bike like some kinda crustation crab shell after that distance.

My older,(only other) brother left just got a new Kawasaki Concours I think its called. I guess its a down hill comfort chair ride where ever you go kinda bike. Cant wait to ride it, he prolly wont get it back for at least a day or more

Jerry Wyss

World Racer

Group:

Members Posts:

3,172 Joined:

03-May 04 Gender:Male Location:Otis, Oregon Interests:working as little as possible Sent 26 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

Whats going On!! I don't hear nuthin' I don't like that, come on, come on, come on!,,, **** electro cod's, ya just cant trust'em

camaroboy383

World Racer

Group:

Members Posts:

1,896 Joined:

25-February 08 Location:east hampton, ct Sent 26 June 2010 - 11:27 AM

sorry buddy,,, didnt mean to make ya worry...lol... im patiently awaiting my appointment on mon..feelin better for sure.. but still sore in the chest,,sucks cause i need to pull the tranny out of the camaro,,,gotta rebuild that sucka once again,,,good thing i know how,, id be out of loot after all the trannies i smoked...lol..they dont seem to like the power of the blower and nitrous,, oh well tear it down and do it again...lol

Alden cost

htb 290 o.s 30vg/tt power plant (JERRY WYSS'S VIGGER)

homemade mono (JERRY WYSS) tt power plant with hopper hp pipe (retired and will never, ever leave me)

upsized tub ff .12,, modded .18 aqua

aqua sv-27,, modded aqua .18

aqua miss vegas,, modded aqua .18

prather spitfire o/b rigger,, JERRY WYSS/TIM DUGGAN bxr/tt power plant with gadjet pipe

JAE .12 modded aqua .18 david pruesse cowl

FOREVER IN DEBT TO THE GREAT COD FISH (JERRY WYSS) WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!

Jerry and I chatted a dozen or so times ... this was one thing I was able to do for Him... posting pictures online wasnt his forte

JerryWyssandFamily.jpg

A prayer for Jerry and his family..... this is devastating..... a great friend and mentor over the years, JDub helped everybody. Chat was the place, as he enjoyed mixin' it up often with guys searching answers.... and we all gained.... thanks for being righteous brother. Lance, can you possibly find out if his wife needs help, and an address to send a card?... ( Jerry was a self employed plumber, and medical costs may be an issue)...... I'd talked with him often a while back, and he let on he was sick, and wouldnt allow anything further..... silent from there..... bad, bad..... please keep us informed, one in a million... mike

My thoughts and prayers for Jerry and his family. I never had the chance to meet him in person, but shared many conversations via pm's and emails.

mike,,,, jerrys addy is as follows,,,and i really do encourage anybody who knows jerry to send a card to his wife and family...he would appriciate it,,i know it...

jerry wyss

46 n. echo dr.

otis, or 97368

mike has a great idea,,,as im sure a financial burden will be heavy...i support the idea 100%...

thanks,,Alden

I couldnt post much yesterday, as frankly, i was in shock. Jerry had helped me out countless times here through the years. Not long back, he wasnt himself to me. I asked him a few times what was wrong, with no reply. Then a few days later, Jerry replied and apologized. Said his health had been down, and dealing with pain daily. I understood. Rest easy my friend. I dont know much else to say. Its a shame how fast things can be taken from us, and we all forget that way to much. I am in awe. cant believe it.

A fellow outboarder and I were talking yesterday and the subject of Thunder Tiger came up. First thing I said was...ask Jerry Wyss!! Never met him but did not need to in order to know he was a great guy and model boater. This is a great tribute thread. Prayers sent.

Latest posts

Back